12Next >
4859 41 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Hi guys, I just reazlied a critical bug with the DJI Spark (this is with the latest 1.00.4 firmware, the one which enabled Selfie taking without entering follow first)

If I take a selfie (using the frame gesture) WITHOUT DJI GO4 connected, the photo isn't saved to the SD CARD.

If I take selfie with the DJI GO4 connected, the photo is saved, but doesn't show up when browsing the Drone's media in the GO4 app. In order for it to show up I need to take another photo with the app and then it'll show up.

Obviously not having photos taken when the DJI GO4 app isn't connected is a major bug, please fix soon!
2017-6-16
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4081 ft
United Kingdom

I have this problem also... no pictures saved on the SD card when phone/controller was never connected and I launched the drone using palm launch and piloting using gesture control?
2017-6-17
Use props
MoFoFoUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488261 ft
United Kingdom

I experienced this same issue yesterday when using in palm/gesture mode. Took a few selfies, the spark did the usual red flashing then fast flashing before it took the picture so I know it definitely recognised the command. SD card was installed but never saved! Must be a bug. I'm going to try again later.
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Worked fine for me and I did it pre the most recent update.
2017-6-17
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Did some more testing.. Seems like SOMETIMES.. it won't save the photo when not connected to the app.. but sometimes.. it will... can't confirm when it stops working though!
2017-6-17
Use props
fansb4f3b124
lvl.1
United Kingdom

In addition there seems to be a lower resolution  (file size and dimension) image saved when using the palm/gesture control without being connected to the Go 4 App. Looks acceptable, but not the 12 mp I was promised!
2017-6-17
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

same issue.  Selfies are not saving to SD card even though Spark indicated properly that a photo is being taken (Red blinking lights counting down)
2017-6-17
Use props
joemasterson
New
United States

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone find a solution to this?
2017-6-18
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansb4f3b124 Posted at 2017-6-17 08:18
In addition there seems to be a lower resolution  (file size and dimension) image saved when using the palm/gesture control without being connected to the Go 4 App. Looks acceptable, but not the 12 mp I was promised!

The image resolution is 1440*1088 when using gesture control, which is lower than the resolution for image taken in normal mode.
2017-6-18
Use props
joemasterson
New
United States

I'm currently using this memory card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, we double checked the situation you reported, there will be no pictures showing up when playing back if you take photos without APP connected, which is normal, while the pictures should be saved into the SD card. Since you said the pictures were not saved into SD card, would you please format it then check again? Please have a backup before you format it, thanks.
2017-6-18
Use props
j26Jsm8imUBk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So to confirm this is a known issue and is normal? Not sure I understand this full. Are they mean't to save to the SD card and then just be made available when you connect to the DJI connect app?
2017-6-19
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried going into the editor section of the app and downloading the pictures from the card while still connected to the Spark?
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

j26Jsm8imUBk Posted at 2017-6-19 01:46
So to confirm this is a known issue and is normal? Not sure I understand this full. Are they mean't to save to the SD card and then just be made available when you connect to the DJI connect app?

It is not an issue, to make it more clear, if you do not connect the APP when taking photos, there will be no cached files, in that case, the pictures will not show up when playing back, but you could still find the photos into SD card.
2017-6-19
Use props
Chin79
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks all will try that tonight.
2017-6-19
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-19 03:43
It is not an issue, to make it more clear, if you do not connect the APP when taking photos, there will be no cached files, in that case, the pictures will not show up when playing back, but you could still find the photos into SD card.

When the problem occurs, the photo will not be in the SD card as well, even though the drone blinks red to indicate selfie taken.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansece2aa45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57838 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 20:26
The image resolution is 1440*1088 when using gesture control, which is lower than the resolution for image taken in normal mode.

Why is the resolution so low for gesture control.  The full point of the drone was to be able to operate without a controller to get quick pictures.  Will this be updated?  I love the drone but the low resolution pictures in gesture mode is terrible and defeats the purpose.  
2017-6-19
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I tried the following steps.

Link spark to App and Remote controller.
Use app to format SD card
Power Down

Go to nice green field with plenty of space
Power up Spark ONLY
Palm launch, Palm control, Wave away, Selfie Gesture, Red flashing lights, Beckon, Palm Land Power off

Then I checked the SD card and there were no files stored.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

fansece2aa45 Posted at 2017-6-19 08:21
Why is the resolution so low for gesture control.  The full point of the drone was to be able to operate without a controller to get quick pictures.  Will this be updated?  I love the drone but the low resolution pictures in gesture mode is terrible and defeats the purpose.

I agree!  Hopefully this can be fixed with an update.  Can someone from DJI (@DJI Natalia) check into this?
2017-6-19
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

Took loads of gesture based selfies today and had the RC connected throughout. Not a single one is on the SD card. It seems that it happens whether connected or not connected to RC. Will try when connected to phone directly tomorrow but I don't expect it to be any different TBH. Big bug that. Along with the quick shot one. Not the best of starts DJI, but I'm hanging on in there so over to you.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans429241bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

I'll second that I also had this problem.
2017-6-20
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI need to get on to this pretty quickly its kind of a fundamental feature of the spark.
2017-6-20
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-6-20 08:10
DJI need to get on to this pretty quickly its kind of a fundamental feature of the spark.

They (DJI) are more than likely waiting to compile more of a list of issues/enhancements before released an update.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marauderz Posted at 2017-6-19 08:14
When the problem occurs, the photo will not be in the SD card as well, even though the drone blinks red to indicate selfie taken.

Sorry about that, it happens for each time you fly it or sometimes?
What kind of SD card you use?
Please try to format it then check again.
2017-6-23
Use props
Smokey22
Second Officer
Flight distance : 567434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We all use the SD card that came with the Spark I guess. I have the same issue, it works fine (low res) when phone is connected to spark or RC but no pics on SD card when phone is not connected, even if RC is connected or only gesture has been used. Red flashing lights should confirm that the gesture is recognised and the pic is saved to SD card, right?
2017-6-23
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-23 01:46
Sorry about that, it happens for each time you fly it or sometimes?
What kind of SD card you use?
Please try to format it then check again.

It happens sometimes, because of this issue and the lower resolution I'm actually using the gesture selfie mode VERY RARELY.. more for testing than actual use.
2017-6-23
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even if my phone is connected, there are also no gesture photos saved on my SD card.
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

DJI Natalia why did you (DJI) told us about the low RES photos AFTER the premiere !??! I Wont answers! The whole point was to get the spark out ,lunch it in seconds and take a Superb selfie !!! If i KNOW it will be a resolution like NOKIA 3310 i would rather buy a selfie stick and do them from my phone , in 20Mpx
2017-6-24
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Finally got palm launch to work after 5 different times of trying. Palm control works. Wave works. But cannot get it to follow me or save a picture to the sd card. Connected to phone or not. So far this little cute drone is not even close to what DJI showed in there promos. Sadly disappointing in so many ways.

Donny
2017-6-24
Use props
sorbit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

I tried repeatedly to get gesture photos working over the weekend - with not a single success:

Latest Spark and Remote Controller firmware
Card formatted in Spark
Connected via Remote Controller (and attached phone)
Palm launch and position in front of me
Make frame gesture around my face (as shown in tutorial videos)
Spark lights flash red, presumably counting down
No photo on phone or on SD card

2017-6-26
Use props
fans28a2b324
New
United States

Having the same issue. Getsure mode takes photos but does not save.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans87f5fc2d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just experienced this issue yesterday. Palm launched and took selfie without waving/follow me (btw without follow me mode selfie gesture only works 1/10 tries). Got the red LED countdown (got it to work about 3 times) but no picture was saved to the card.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans04932e4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same issue. Everything updated, SD card formated, LED flash tells me everything should have worked out fine but no photo on the SD card.
Ruins the whole selfie drone idea ☹️
2017-6-29
Use props
ttittelbach.gma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94636 ft
United States

I having the same issue.
2017-6-29
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 20:26

What? This needs to be fixed. Had I known this, I would not have ordered.
2017-6-29
Use props
taimingkoh
lvl.2
Singapore

Having the same problem. PalmLaunched Spark and tried the selfie gesture. Photo not saved despite already being connected to the DJI GO4 app.
And when clicking the shutter on the phone, photos are only 1440x1080p.

Is this a firmware update issue?

2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans04932e4b Posted at 2017-6-29 00:39
I have the same issue. Everything updated, SD card formated, LED flash tells me everything should have worked out fine but no photo on the SD card.
Ruins the whole selfie drone idea ☹️

We have reported your feedback to the engineers, will test it and get back to you once I hear from them, thanks.
2017-6-30
Use props
Acejoys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78251 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, light blink to indicate shot but no images saved to SD card or phone.
2017-6-30
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

On another thread someone figured this out.

If you use phone or RC and shut down the spark in video mode, then gesture photos are not saved.

You need to switch to picture mode before shutting down spark. Then palm launch gesture selfies work correctly.
2017-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules