Weak/No Image Transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aussiefarmer
New

Australia

After not using my drone for some time, I decided to upgrade all the firware on my Phantom 3 Professional as well as the RC controller and batteries. Following these upgrades, I have had a lot of issues with the RC showing "weak transmission signal" or "no transmission signal" and the image blnks out on the RC. The RC controls the aircraft fine, but I cannot fly it from eye sight as it constantly looses signal. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2017-6-17
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

While I would be overjoyed to give you the solution I unfortunately have been struggling with the same *#&@ing issue for months.  Started about three or four updates ago and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the current app to no avail.  Now I don't consider this a solution; it's more of a workaround but I suppose I should mention a marginal improvement from I got from deleting the current DJI GO and reinstalling an earlier version v2.4.1 which also downgraded the RC to v1.6.0+ (t seems DJI no longer wants to give us that option any more, I noticed that starting with the 2016.6.13 release notes it no longer carries the option: "The firware can be downgraded to vX.XX.XXXX".)

I also tried (with some difficulty) a fix I read here about disconnecting and reconnecting the plugs from the aircraft and camera -- no luck.

Basically, I feel your pain and also await delivery from my misery.  Perhaps another forum member (or maybe even DJI!) has the solution we are both looking for!
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you verify what firmware and Go app versions you're running? Have you also tried the following button combinations to ensure both components are communicating properly?

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the RC, and leave the aircraft off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gil Posted at 2017-6-17 09:57
While I would be overjoyed to give you the solution I unfortunately have been struggling with the same *#&@ing issue for months.  Started about three or four updates ago and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the current app to no avail.  Now I don't consider this a solution; it's more of a workaround but I suppose I should mention a marginal improvement from I got from deleting the current DJI GO and reinstalling an earlier version v2.4.1 which also downgraded the RC to v1.6.0+ (t seems DJI no longer wants to give us that option any more, I noticed that starting with the 2016.6.13 release notes it no longer carries the option: "The firware can be downgraded to vX.XX.XXXX".)

I also tried (with some difficulty) a fix I read here about disconnecting and reconnecting the plugs from the aircraft and camera -- no luck.

Have you gotten in contact with Support to potentially have your unit sent in for further diagnostics and potential repair?
2017-6-17
Use props
Baantje
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124127 ft

Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 19:32
Could you verify what firmware and Go app versions you're running? Have you also tried the following button combinations to ensure both components are communicating properly?

Reset the RC:

Hi GJI-Jamie,

I've the same issue as described here, I did the reset of the AC and relinking to the aircraft. But'v still the weak connection. Even when it is close to each other.

I also have used another cable between the iphone and RC, but that did not matter.

I'm using:
App version 3.1.11
aircraft 1.10.90
remote controller version 1.8.0
my flightcontroller serial number: 03Z0083526

Hope you can tell me what else I can do.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Baantje Posted at 2017-6-19 11:11
Hi GJI-Jamie,

I've the same issue as described here, I did the reset of the AC and relinking to the aircraft. But'v still the weak connection. Even when it is close to each other.

Could you happen to clarify which iPhone model you have? What kind of areas are you flying in? Did you notice this after updating the firmware, updating the app or a hard landing?
2017-6-20
Use props
Baantje
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 09:19
Could you happen to clarify which iPhone model you have? What kind of areas are you flying in? Did you notice this after updating the firmware, updating the app or a hard landing?

Hi,

I use an iphone 6 for this. It does not make sent where I fly (but normally I fly in the Netherlands), I . fly in open ereas in the middel of the wood. I have this for a while now, but cannot say it was after an update. I did not had a hard landing or any other crash.

An other thing what is changed as wel, my photo's are not so sharp, video is fine. But the photos aren't crispy ( It is from the SD-card).

Does this make any sense?
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Baantje Posted at 2017-6-21 11:08
Hi,

I use an iphone 6 for this. It does not make sent where I fly (but normally I fly in the Netherlands), I . fly in open ereas in the middel of the wood. I have this for a while now, but cannot say it was after an update. I did not had a hard landing or any other crash.

Do you happen to have a sample of the video and stills you're getting? Are you using auto exposure or manual? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you've had weak transmission for a while and it's only been getting worse, or is this a more recent development?
2017-6-21
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Same situation here, updated my p3p after a break of a few weeks due to weather and work. The problem was worse using 1.8 on the remote very bad picture distortion, reverted back to 1.6 on the remote and the problem improved slightly, iam getting the blink out on my ipad 4 mini it freezes for up to 5 seconds then returns, the p3p is on 1.10.90 and the ipad 4 mini is up to date. Never had any problems with this drone apart from a vision position warning, no longer a problem since ive turned that off. Please DJI dont turn your back on us with this problem we have all spent a large amount of money for our drones. They might not be the latest model but at least leave us with a drone that works as it should. Regards Hawk.
2017-6-22
Use props
Baantje
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 12:05
Do you happen to have a sample of the video and stills you're getting? Are you using auto exposure or manual? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you've had weak transmission for a while and it's only been getting worse, or is this a more recent development?

Do you happen to have a sample of the video and stills you're getting? DNG and JPG file sample
Are you using auto exposure or manual? I've used manual exposure and safe it as dng
you've had weak transmission for a while and it's only been getting worse, or is this a more recent development?a have this for a while, and it goes up and down, but it is never stable and with that very hard to make a video while flying.
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules