Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Lost video transmission signal and recurring black screen SOLVED
7727 24 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbelart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58576759 ft
Chile

A month ago I bought my I1 in Chile DroneStore an authorized dealer . Everything worked perfect, I use in all my works perfectly . but after updating the firmware 1.2.0.17 I have lost video transmission signal and recurring black screen.Eh tried the following without success :1. Reinstall Ipad app in air 22. Reinstall Iphone app in June3. Re Link RC4. Custom chanels transmission .5. Using Hardware processing on and off.6. Format Card on computer.7. Re Calibrate IMU , camera and compass .This is terrible, because I use my I1 to work , and lost 3 jobs and this March 21 have scheduled a big event.I hope DJI do something soon, we see many problems with this firmware.
2015-3-14
Use props
wolftj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Yes, mine was much better before the last firmware update. The same problems you report.
2015-3-14
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

This might not help, but I too get the black screen sometimes, here is what worked for me. I simply touched the small map screen at the bottom right and miraculously I had video? Go figure.
2015-3-14
Use props
mbelart
lvl.1
Chile

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-15 02:19
This might not help, but I too get the black screen sometimes, here is what worked for me. I simply  ...

Thanks, but is more complicated. I try everything and nothings happens... I Send email to 24 hrs dji service and they dont respond to me, something very extrange happens with this firmware, many people have issues.
2015-3-15
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

It may not be a firmware issue that you have going on there, it sounds like the app is not functioning correctly. I have had numerous little glitches with the app itself. It has stability issues. Still not sure if the problem is totally the app or a communication language issue with the rc? But it wouldn't hurt to fly the aircraft withou the app running just to prove the controller is doing as it should then plug in and turn on the app. If the app is still not functioning as it should, with the camera attached! You may need to dump the app and attempt to reload a fresh version of it, the version you have may be corrupt.
2015-3-15
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

These aircraft are supposed to be able to operate I dependant,y from the app, which makes sense as a safety feature if the app fails you still have control. Start a process of illimination to determine what works right from what works wrong.
2015-3-15
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

As silly as this sounds, you may wis to try suspending your model with the props off.  First though, go through your pre start procedure, then start up on the ground so that the aircraft sees the ground as it should. Hit the throttle and of course the copter won't fly but at that point hang it from something two meters off the ground and raise the landing gear. Function the motors and see if all works as it should. If no, then the firmware may have issues. If yes, move on to a fresh copy of the app. Re do from the beginning this time with app installed and running. If the aircraft still operates as it should but the camera is not showing a picture mess with the map view area and toy with other settings. If you still get no image, assuming you see the hud, heads up display, which by the way can be dragged of the view, it is possible to deduce the gimbal may not be function correctly, due to a bad camera or a bad physical connection.
2015-3-15
Use props
mbelart
lvl.1
Chile

I e flown without the application and it works almost everything (sometimes passes from gps to atti ) , but the application does not transmit the video correctly. I probe reinstalling the application on an iPhone 6, an air ipad 2 and an TAB4 galaxy , in all it's the same problem. then I thought of connecting the hdmi output to the TV and still wrong, I think the hdmi output is independent of the application. the strange thing is that the map is still perfect, I lost the signal about 100 meters and my gps step mode atti ... brought him back at the map .

I check the connections of the camera and did not see anything wrong ...
2015-3-15
Use props
theac3man
New

United Kingdom

Try flying it in different locations 1-2mils/Km from the place you had your fault, may sound simple but it could be disturbance from something near by.... Try two or three different locations but turn everything off apart from the I1 and iPad for fav (phone,gps etc) and see if this solves the issue with Dangair's fault finding plus possible new locations crossed off then you can sadly say it's the app
2015-3-15
Use props
mbelart
lvl.1
Chile

now probe all, i put the camera and control of my I1 on another I1 and worked properly ... but by using the control and camera of the other I1 on my I1 ... the problem persisted. The problem is on my drone...
2015-3-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mbelart Posted at 2015-3-16 09:11
now probe all, i put the camera and control of my I1 on another I1 and worked properly ... but by us ...

My response is to contact DJI and send your Inspire in for repair or replacement.  
2015-3-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi mbelart, I cannot find your email in our system.
Make sure you send it to the right one,  inspire1@dji.com.

Could you find your dealer and test with an extra RC or Gimble?Or you need to send it back for evaluation..

We'll send a mail to you.
2015-3-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-16 10:23
My response is to contact DJI and send your Inspire in for repair or replacement.

Second that. I purchased a dual Tx system. One of the Tx was faulty. Had a controls signal sent out but the video link was faulty. DJI replaced the system without fuss. I believe its a light bridge connector issue as the main circuit board must be working (or you won't get any video to begin with) but gives intermittent output
2015-3-15
Use props
evvfire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2162467 ft
United States

I have a very similar issue camera issue.
No video feed but I could move and tilt the camera just fine.
Made one video and the unit started dropping out when I passed the video button.
Now I have to reboot several time s just to get a picture on the screen.

The Inspire flies great, just afraid to go very far, the camera has shutdown almost every time
Checked with another Inspire and remote and the camera had the same behavior on his Inspire too.

This Inspire is about 3 weeks old with very easy flights.

I need instructions on the next step to get a replacement camera.
thanks
2015-3-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

evvfire@evansvi Posted at 2015-3-16 14:05
I have a very similar issue camera issue.
No video feed but I could move and tilt the camera just f ...

It would be better to contact NA support. With a video of the issue.
2015-3-15
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-16 15:00
It would be better to contact NA support.

it would be nice to be able to diy many simple jobs if parts were available..for many of us who are mechanically inclined...it will also add MORE dollars to the many millions to DJI's coffers and prevent the company from getting clogged up with repair requests
2015-3-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

If you have any no video signal issue, make sure your upgrade is successful at first.
2015-3-16
Use props
mbelart
lvl.1
Chile

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-16 11:35
Hi mbelart, I cannot find your email in our system.
Make sure you send it to the right one,  inspire ...

I send you this 14 at 11 am, but this monday I take my inspire to the dealer (DroneStore Chile), they changed the base anti-vibration , where the camera is connected. the operation was a success , now my video is perfect. thx
2015-3-18
Use props
mbelart
lvl.1
Chile

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-16 10:23

I take my inspire to the dealer , they changed the base anti-vibration , where the camera is connected. The replacement part was donated for a crashed inspire... I cant wait to much because i need my i1 for work.
2015-3-18
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-16 01:24
These aircraft are supposed to be able to operate I dependant,y from the app, which makes sense as a ...

Could be why dslrpros did their custom bird like I wanted dji to do it monthes ago... Dslrpros custom inspire nose cam kit 749.00 installed , complete stand alone 5.8 ghz diversity , analog video feed which has no latency or broken feed issues As the light bridges HD shared 2.4 ghz feed , not sure why on a small screens monitors etc people thought they'd need an HD signal anyway just to frame a shot or shoot video , I have the dominator goggles in analog and the new HD version , also an iPad and a black pearl monitor and its all really close as to how good the picture is on them all ! Small screens keep things tight and very clear at this size no matter what is claimed , besides the camera is what's going to get the photo or video ... Sure like my inspire anyway !
2015-3-18
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Cool Daver! Would love to try out the system some day.
2015-3-18
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue. All started yesterday the first day I got my inspire back from the repair facility in LA. Terrible transmission signal. Green pixels all over as well. They said they tested the drone but I believe they didn't test to make sure everything was up to par including the video signal etc... It loses signal and is faulty from even just sitting on the ground.
Here's a video of what went on...

http://youtu.be/bYvaZrJWJJA i
It's kind of boring but you'll see exactly what I mean super lag!
2015-4-8
Use props
lyriconii.gmail
Flight distance : 296690 ft
United States

Hi All,
SInce thereports seem to vary a bit I,m not sure if this is relevant but for what it's worth. I have been getting a black screen occasionally and I thought it was location based. I discovered that the video was clear if the bird was still. Went away if moved. This was moters off on the ground. Tonight I was able to repeat this reliably in my house. I found if I touched the gimbale mount at all it would go black then return once left alone. I applied DeOxit Gold to the camera contacts and the cable contacts on the Gimbal mount as well. Reassembled and got clear video even with moving the bird a lot by hand. I will test again tomorrow in flight but this might be a simple fix. I do thing the contacts are very sensitive.
2015-9-17
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-18 23:07
Could be why dslrpros did their custom bird like I wanted dji to do it monthes ago... Dslrpros cus ...

apparently youve never flown a phantom 2 vision or vision+, the low quality live video feed is so poor you cant even tell wtf youre looking at half the time, the HD feed of the inspire is definitely necessary and 1000 times better than the phantom 2v+
2015-9-17
Use props
fans4dc83248
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4063428 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think I found the answer to this.  I noticed that there was broken transmission on some batteries but not others. I used electrical clean and lube spray on the terminals of the batteries and the battery terminals of the Inspire.   I now have created transmission.  I can only assume that there is some dirt on the terminals and there is a voltage drop.  I used the specific electrical terminal cleaner.  I don't know about WD40 etc. but at this stage it works.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules