Can you palm launch while connected to the controller?
10707 13 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CDSpark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307064 ft
United States

My topic states it all, Can you palm lauch while connected to the controller?  I tried it a couple times and couldn't get it to work.  Ill try again later today, just wasn't sure why it wouldn't work.
2017-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes you can, but you may have to set it up in your app. I've seen it there somewhere.
2017-6-17
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

yes.  turn on spark.  Connect to spark wifi.  Open App.  Pick spark up. Double tap spark's power button.  The app should switch automatically to gesture mode and take off.  You can then use palm control/gesture controls.  Exit gesture controls in the app or with the beacon gesture.
2017-6-17
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
United States

Natemare13 Posted at 2017-6-17 17:32
yes.  turn on spark.  Connect to spark wifi.  Open App.  Pick spark up. Double tap spark's power button.  The app should switch automatically to gesture mode and take off.  You can then use palm control/gesture controls.  Exit gesture controls in the app or with the beacon gesture.

Where is the double-tap power mentioned? All the little manuals are annoying, I just want a reference to button actions and LED meanings :/
2017-6-17
Use props
Todd7Spark
New
United States

Search on DJI site for spark manual. ( http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads ). Page 10 has a chart with the LED lights.
2017-6-17
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
United States

Todd7Spark Posted at 2017-6-17 19:24
Search on DJI site for spark manual. ( http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads ). Page 10 has a chart with the LED lights.

Whoa, I'm not sure I got the actual manual, just about a dozen multi-language guides. Thanks!
2017-6-17
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes you can. Then to take over with RC again just change the mode on your phone to controller mode. Not sure if there is a way to disengage gesture mode without a phone though.
2017-6-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can also take off and land in RC mode by having the fly more (or any other) bag around your neck and sat on your chest like a small shelf,, put the controller on it and swipe take off whilst holding the drone at arms length being sure to hold it level..

Landing into your palm is easy too, hover it at 8 or 9 feet and press Land, during the process just stick your palm underneath and it will land on it as if it's the floor. Just be very careful about how you grab onto it so as not to have a drastic manicure ;)
2017-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tedder Posted at 2017-6-17 19:57
Whoa, I'm not sure I got the actual manual, just about a dozen multi-language guides. Thanks!

Your full manual is in your app, tap on academy in there you will find all the manuals good reading in there.
2017-6-18
Use props
CDSpark
lvl.1
United States

Ok, I figured this one out as well.  You can palm launch every time. Whether you have no controller, your phone, or connected to the RC controller, just double tap the power button while it is looking at your face.  My error previously was doing a long press on the second one which of coarse just shut the drone off.  So just press the power button two times and the motors will start.  Wait until the front lights turn red. At this time it is ready to go. Hope this helps
2017-6-18
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was RC flying it today, brought it into a hover in front of me and stuck my palm underneath and it just landed on it. I don't think I'd put it into gesture mode;)

Had loads of fun with it today. I do need to order another 4 batteries though ;)
2017-6-18
Use props
CDSpark
lvl.1
United States

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-18 08:53
I was RC flying it today, brought it into a hover in front of me and stuck my palm underneath and it just landed on it. I don't think I'd put it into gesture mode;)

Had loads of fun with it today. I do need to order another 4 batteries though ;)

Yep, Already ordered 2 more.  I flew for the first time today without the prop guards and that seemed to help with battery life
2017-6-19
Use props
Bill-NM
lvl.2
United States

RE: Can you palm launch while connected to the controller?

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-18 08:53

Hmmm...that shouldn't work (unless somehow gesture mode was invoked)...I've tried to land in my palm, and the Spark will RISE...it thinks my palm is an obstacle I suppose.

--

Bill
2017-11-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill-NM Posted at 2017-11-17 08:29
Hmmm...that shouldn't work (unless somehow gesture mode was invoked)...I've tried to land in my palm, and the Spark will RISE...it thinks my palm is an obstacle I suppose.

--

If you are holding the down stick it will land on your palm, it goes up a little but if you are holding the joystick down (for vertical descend)  it will land on your palm :-)
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules