Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
QR Code scan fails
12Next >
77436 44 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vancity Pixels
lvl.2
Canada

Hello everyone. This is my first drone so please excuse me if this is a simple question. I am following the directions in the DJI activation tutorial and when I try to scan the QR code with teh DJI Go 4 app when asked to, it fails every time. Any tips? Super frustrating.

Thanks
2017-6-17
Use props
Vancity Pixels
lvl.2
Canada

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-17 10:04
Yes...don't use the QR activation, it sucks.  Skip to the traditional method.

How do you do it without QR scan? Sorry, this is my first drone and I have no idea what the traditional method is. I appreciate the help
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

2017-6-17
Use props
hamster1
New
Flight distance : 41224 ft
Hong Kong

Vancity Pixels Posted at 2017-6-17 10:02
How do you do it without QR scan? Sorry, this is my first drone and I have no idea what the traditional method is. I appreciate the help

2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Vancity Pixels Posted at 2017-6-17 10:02

Download DJI 4 app to mobile device (i.e. phone/tablet).  Turn on Spark and Remote (if you have one) and go into the DJI 4 app.  Hopefully at that point it'll guide you through the process.  Mind you that the process sucks due to the fact that you'll have to switch back & forth between WIFI networks
2017-6-17
Use props
Vancity Pixels
lvl.2
Canada

hamster1 Posted at 2017-6-17 10:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMm2UZd5W3U

This is the video I have been watching and only shows how to use QR (which fails for me). What is the "traditional" method people are telling me about?
2017-6-17
Use props
fansc7f85186
New
United States

I was having the same issue as you and own a Phantom Standard, so don't feel bad. The whole UI thing is a mess and the videos are a whole other thing.  Here's what worked for me: Power up your Spark, wait a minute, then go into settings>WiFi and select Spark. Then, open the DJI Go 4 app and it should kick you into the activation process. Here's another video that walks you through activation sans QR code. https://forum.dji.com/thread-98587-1-1.html
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please refer to the tutorial below to activate it again instead of scanning QR code, and keep us posted, hope it works.
2017-6-19
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yes I have same experience when tried to scan with my iPhone 7 plus, no response.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans3c3673db
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

If you're trying to use the QR code make sure you use the one on the controller...not the one on the box or inside the battery compartment of the Spark.
2017-6-24
Use props
fansd1f78b13
New

Australia

I am also having problems scanning the QR code- Have tried scanning over 50 times in different light conditions and different distances (the code is very small in relation to the window and you cannot zoom to fill the square). I even photographed the QR code to get a larger image of it and that too failed to be recognised in the DJI app. Not a happy chappy! What else can be done?
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

See video in Post#8 on this thread
2017-7-10
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 05:09
See video in Post#8 on this thread

Would like to, but ......
2017-07-10_9-18-21.jpg
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-10 05:18
Would like to, but ......

Gotta love DJI
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansd1f78b13 Posted at 2017-7-10 05:06
I am also having problems scanning the QR code- Have tried scanning over 50 times in different light conditions and different distances (the code is very small in relation to the window and you cannot zoom to fill the square). I even photographed the QR code to get a larger image of it and that too failed to be recognised in the DJI app. Not a happy chappy! What else can be done?

Try this one:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-99957-1-1.html
2017-7-10
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64167 ft
United States

I think you only need to do the QR Scan if you DIDN'T get the fly more combo as the remote is already paired with the spark.
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneHack99 Posted at 2017-7-10 05:42
I think you only need to do the QR Scan if you DIDN'T get the fly more combo as the remote is already paired with the spark.

The OP is trying to activate
2017-7-10
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64167 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 05:48
The OP is trying to activate

I know...I have the fly more combo and it wouldn't let me activate using the QR scan process either.  Needed to power on spark, RC, then launch the go 4 app and then it activated....if I remember correctly.  I do remember trying my darnedest to activate using the QR code...was getting very frustrated! haha
2017-7-10
Use props
KevinS.
New
Flight distance : 709 ft
Netherlands

I had the same issues. I tried both the box and on the unit. Same failure. Finally gave up and entered it manually.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans3b8ff407
New
Flight distance : 407 ft
Germany

Download and Install the DJI Assistant 2 v.1.1.2 Software for Win or MAC and Connect the Spark via USB to the Computer.

dji.com/de/spark/info#downloads

Turn on the Spark an update the Firmware.

The second update maybe install again, after that it has worked for me
2017-7-17
Use props
magicbc
lvl.2
Canada

Just received Spark today and couldn't use QR code activation, so I just fumbled my way through by putting in account info, accepting terms and going through intial setup. Once it said "activated" I knew I was in business. Good luck!
2017-7-17
Use props
yakkka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1826755 ft
United Kingdom

I've tried everything with mine, but it doesn't do anything!
2017-8-2
Use props
New

Switzerland

I tried it with the QR code and it didn`t work. Then it tried doing it manually and that didn`t work too. When I enter the password do I have do write only the password or the WIFI SSID and the password? I just tried it all and nothing worked. Any more ideas what to do?Thanks for your help
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_C2jmAU3
New
United Kingdom

123123123 Posted at 2017-8-3 06:56
I tried it with the QR code and it didn`t work. Then it tried doing it manually and that didn`t work too. When I enter the password do I have do write only the password or the WIFI SSID and the password? I just tried it all and nothing worked. Any more ideas what to do?Thanks for your help

I bought spark as my first drone couple of days ago and had the same problem. none of the QR codes would work and couldn't find how to do it.

What worked in the end for me was to connect the drone to my phone via wifi, launch the dji go 4 app and then click to start a flight. The app jumped into activation mode and I went through it just fine.

Good luck
2017-8-12
Use props
fansacfc2e1f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5676 ft
India

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-17 10:04

Hi
Can anyone please explain me the traditional way or manual way to activate the Dji Spark. Since iam unable to scan the QRCode even after several times.iam very new to quadcopter
Thanks
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansacfc2e1f Posted at 2017-9-21 01:18
Hi
Can anyone please explain me the traditional way or manual way to activate the Dji Spark. Since iam unable to scan the QRCode even after several times.iam very new to quadcopter
Thanks

Here you are.
2017-9-21
Use props
arsthan
New
Belgium

Hi
I also got much trouble with the too small QRCode activation.
Even with a picture of it it didn't worked. I Finally switched to the video but it wasn't working either.
After a lot of unsuccessful trials, I finally found out that the data connection should be disabled to connect to the aircraft and perform the operations properly.
Hope this helps !
2017-11-15
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

LOL....I had two Sparks and could never get the QR to work....activate it manually.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-15
Use props
fans0ddae879
New

United States

KevinS. Posted at 2017-7-15 01:05
I had the same issues. I tried both the box and on the unit. Same failure. Finally gave up and entered it manually.

how do you enter manually???
2017-12-1
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-19 18:39
Please refer to the tutorial below to activate it again instead of scanning QR code, and keep us posted, hope it works.

I just received my new Spark Combo and also have the QR Code issue so followed your video and the app is hanging at "Version Check, Collecting Device Info...
2017-12-21
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Iman_Oldie Posted at 2017-12-21 22:40
I just received my new Spark Combo and also have the QR Code issue so followed your video and the app is hanging at "Version Check, Collecting Device Info...

Ok, started from scratch and got activation but when I tried to buy Care Refresh it wouldn't continue to the payment section after I entered my name and address.
I have to say I'm not impressed with this purchase.
2017-12-21
Use props
x1048576
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 01:19
Here you are. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=15

I followed the instructions in the video several times with no success whatsoever. I can connect my phone to the drone via wifi and start the DJI Go app, but the app does not show the screen where you can activate the drone.

I also tried downloading the assistant installer to my Mac and that did nothing - it said it installed the assistant and asked my to restart, but it didn't install any application.
2017-12-27
Use props
x1048576
lvl.1
Australia

x1048576 Posted at 2017-12-27 06:17
I followed the instructions in the video several times with no success whatsoever. I can connect my phone to the drone via wifi and start the DJI Go app, but the app does not show the screen where you can activate the drone.

I also tried downloading the assistant installer to my Mac and that did nothing - it said it installed the assistant and asked my to restart, but it didn't install any application.

So the DJI Go 4 updated itself this morning so I tried again. The user interface is less awful but it still doesn't work. It won't scan the QR code and if won't activate even if I connect to the drone's Wifi before starting the app.

Nor have it got any response from customer support.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

x1048576 Posted at 2017-12-29 04:07
So the DJI Go 4 updated itself this morning so I tried again. The user interface is less awful but it still doesn't work. It won't scan the QR code and if won't activate even if I connect to the drone's Wifi before starting the app.

Nor have it got any response from customer support.

Sorry for this, may I know what mobile device are you using? Have you tried other mobile devices? Please give it try.
2017-12-30
Use props
eddieone
New
United States

Late to the party, Do this:

Power on drone

Open DJI GO

Connect to drone's wifi in phone's connections settings

DJI GO should open up and connected

QR codes will be the death of you
2018-5-19
Use props
fans923a5bfa
lvl.1
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-24 21:54
If you're trying to use the QR code make sure you use the one on the controller...not the one on the box or inside the battery compartment of the Spark.

Thanks, manually entering in the controller password did the trick. Would not scan either QR code.
2019-2-24
Use props
fans923a5bfa
lvl.1
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-24 21:54

Thanks, manually entering in the remote controller password directly into my phone WiFi settings did the trick for my Spark. Would not scan either QR code.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans923a5bfa Posted at 2-24 06:23
Thanks, manually entering in the remote controller password directly into my phone WiFi settings did the trick for my Spark. Would not scan either QR code.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix the problem. Actually, scanning the QR code is not necessary for as long as the mobile device, RC and aircraft are connected the application should not ask you to scan this QR code. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-24
Use props
Rodanjade Todtod
New

Israel

Pls help my DJI can't updated because my QR blurred what will we do to update my DJI
2019-7-27
Use props
Rodanjade Todtod
New

Israel

Pls help my DJI can't updated because my QR blurred what will we do to update my DJI
2019-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules