Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet Sun Glare
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SargeAF
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Adv. and with it I use a ASUS 10 inch tablet and during mid day I can not use it to fly with because of glare on the screen, there are no sunscreens for tablets and using a shield around the screen does limit the sun but does nothing for the glare.
Any ideas??
2017-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

A shady tree is the most effective sunshade if you can find one in the right place.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There may be some 3rd party sun shades that might be able to fit your tablet. If you cannot find one, then you may need to take the shade approach like Labroides mentioned.
2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 20:50
There may be some 3rd party sun shades that might be able to fit your tablet. If you cannot find one, then you may need to take the shade approach like Labroides mentioned.

It is also one very good reason for using goggles.
2017-6-17
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

amongst the stuff I received when I bought my P3P was a weird piece of folded flat black cardboard. I had no idea what it was but turned out to be a simple hood for the screen. Who'd a thunk? Mind you I still find Labroides advice to be spot on.
2017-6-18
Use props
Mcsbad
New
Flight distance : 1093258 ft
United States

A umbrella hat worked good for me
2017-6-18
Use props
Bartone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Throw a black cloth (focusing cloth for a large format camera) over you and the tablet. Works amazingly well, but you lose direct visual to the bird. And, of course the tree thing, too.
2017-6-18
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I have been flying the P3P for awhile now, hated the Phone or tablet glare, tried the 3 sided hood and still had my face in the screen, any black background will help with the glare, buy this is what I did and absolutely love it!

First I installed the HDMI output module to the controller ($99) on ebay, then I bought a cheap Supersonic LCD 15" TV with HDMI Input ($59) Ebay, a Mini HDMI to Std HDMI Cable ($15) Ebay, last but not least a Mini Max Battery Charger ( this thing is incredible, will jump start a V8 Car and charge lasts forever) ($39) Ebay. The TV is absolutely no glare screen as it is an LCD even in direct sunlight.

Now I just set up a chair, a small folding table in front of me, plug everything in pour my favorite beverage and FPV fly looking at the 15" monitor. Throwing a black cover works great as well, but I like to be aware of my surroundings, I have my FAA Part 107 Cert and unless you have a spotter with you it is against the regulation(s) to not have your drone in line of site. So for less than $200 it is the ultimate comfortable fly situation. I also have a set of Fat Shark V3 glasses, but the best resolution you can get with them is 720p with a bit of Fisheye effect, the HDMI allows full 1080p.
2017-6-19
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

This may sound weird " wear a black T shirt back-to-front with not markings or prints" the reflection is most of the problem.
2018-1-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make one out of your cereal box, i have done for my Nvida K1, need to do one for my 10" S2 now though, but, there are many aftermarket sun shields on the market, ebay is one place
2018-1-23
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

This subject comes up often (look for Sunshade threads). The problem with most sun hoods is the angle at which you look at the screen; most are at 90° and will show your reflection. To understand the problem, have a look at the PadHat sunshade made by HoodiVision. You can make a decent one yourself quite easily. Now, let's be clear, on bright days you will still be best off under some shade with one of these. If you want to do serious work in bright sunlight, you need a full hood. Have a look at the Aviator hoods at Hoodman.
Have fun & good flying!
2018-1-24
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

Correct you own reflection is allways the problem. Low glare screen prtectors help but those black hood things don't adress the problem. Shad reduces the amount of reflected light but who is going to only fly where there is a shad tree or put up and umbrella every time you see a good shot. A black hat with a big brim would be of benefit the same way the black T shirt is but I can put the T shirt in my camera pack.

Cheers.
2018-1-25
Use props
fans55ae5496
Captain

United States

the hoodman aviator hav1 + hav1E works very well for me.

Access to the ipad mini to touch the screen is a bit hampered, but the shade afforded is well worth it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... iator_hood_kit.html

2018-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh and i use an anti glare screen protector on the Tab S2 9.7" seems to work well with regards to reflection, there is some offset quality of screen though, but well worth it and not noticeable when using video
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules