Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max flight altitude limited when connected with 2 sets of DJI goggles
2635 15 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans14525190
lvl.1
United States

I got 2 sets of DJI goggles and were excited to try them out. I have updated my Mavic, controller, DJI Go 4 app, goggles all to the latest version.

However, when I link the first goggles and the primary controller following the "2 sets of controllers" setting, I found that the max flight altitude is restricted. It defaults to 0 and after I set it to whatever number, say 100, it'll default back to 0 again. As a result, I can't fly my Mavic to higher than 30m.

If I follow the "1 set of goggles" steps, there is no problem at all, I can set the altitude and it'll stick.

Is this a bug in the latest firmware?

2017-6-17
Use props
KDMerrill
New
Flight distance : 32864 ft
United States

I just got my DJI Goggles and found the same.  Getting ready to hit up DJI Tech Support.
2017-6-20
Use props
KDMerrill
New
United States

Just got my Goggles and am having the same issue.   Please post back if you figure it out as I am anxious to use mine without flight restrictions.
2017-6-20
Use props
KDMerrill
New
United States

*may* have figured this out.   When my Mavic did the firmware update within the last 2 weeks, as it turned out this particular firmware update also updated the battery,....but only the battery that was in at that time.  My other 2 batteries were 'out of sync' from a firmware perspective.  Powered my Mavic while plugged into DJI Assistant 2 software with EACH of my batteries, and the ones that were out of sync are now also at the latest version.  I am guessing this is what was forcing the flight restrictions.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans14525190
lvl.1
United States

KDMerrill Posted at 2017-6-20 17:21
*may* have figured this out.   When my Mavic did the firmware update within the last 2 weeks, as it turned out this particular firmware update also updated the battery,....but only the battery that was in at that time.  My other 2 batteries were 'out of sync' from a firmware perspective.  Powered my Mavic while plugged into DJI Assistant 2 software with EACH of my batteries, and the ones that were out of sync are now also at the latest version.  I am guessing this is what was forcing the flight restrictions.

I tried your approach and it didn't work.

Can you please let me know if you followed the "Multi-user Mode" steps and selected "Connect two sets of goggles" steps?

Thanks!
2017-6-23
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you try to downgrade your mavic and goggles 700? Will it solve your problem
2017-6-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I doubt that the goggles are limiting your Mavic's altitude, but I suppose you can test this theory by flying without them to see. By any chance did you upgrade your firmware when you got the goggles?

I found that the max flight altitude is restricted. It defaults to 0 and after I set it to whatever number, say 100, it'll default back to 0 again.

That sounds like the behavior that occurs when you attempt to set the maximum altitude while you're not connected to the aircraft. Some settings -- such as maximum altitude -- are stored on the Mavic itself and can only be changed while it's powered on and connected.

As a result, I can't fly my Mavic to higher than 30m.

Check to make sure that beginner mode is disabled. Even if you previously disabled it, a firmware upgrade might have re-enabled it, which would explain why you can't fly farther away.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans14525190
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-24 05:33
I doubt that the goggles are limiting your Mavic's altitude, but I suppose you can test this theory by flying without them to see. By any chance did you upgrade your firmware when you got the goggles?

I found that the max flight altitude is restricted. It defaults to 0 and after I set it to whatever number, say 100, it'll default back to 0 again.

I upgraded everything to the latest and greatest - Mavic, DJI Go 4 app, Remote controller, 2 pairs of goggles.

The interesting thing is that I can still use my remote controller to take off the aircraft and control it. It's linked to the goggles which has live view. Beginner mode is not enabled.

The behavior does seem consistent with the remote controller not able to connected to the aircraft. However, that is exactly what the "Multi-user Mode" steps in user manual says - You connect the goggles to the aircraft first. After being linked, it asks you whether you want to connect a remote controller. After selecting yes, the goggle's link light will turn red, ready for linking. Then you go into the DJI Go app and select the remote controller to connect as the primary controller. Then it just connects to the goggles.

Are the steps wrong in the goggle's user manual?

Has anyone tried to follow the "Multi-user" mode steps and doesn't see the behavior I'm seeing?
2017-6-25
Use props
videoguy
lvl.4
United States

Make sure you are logged in on the DJI site.........if not, this voids max settings.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans14525190
lvl.1
United States

videoguy Posted at 2017-6-25 10:31
Make sure you are logged in on the DJI site.........if not, this voids max settings.

How and where?

When I connect the RC to the Mavic directly, there's no problem at all and I don't recall needing to sign in from the DJI Go 4 app.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans4c49ecee
New

United States

Anyone figured it out? Having the same problems
2017-7-9
Use props
TAD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84416 ft
United States

Just bought and received my DJI Goggles and have the same problem - Has DJI weighed in on this with a fix vs. all of us spending hours in attempt to fix this?
2017-7-15
Use props
fans0d24cd14
New
Flight distance : 402493 ft
United States

Has anyone found the solution to this?  I am in Iceland and finally have the opportunity to use both sets of goggles and this is incredibly frustrating.  Everything is on the same firmware, I've tried downgrading, then upgrading again.  Nuts that two pairs won't work out of the box.  One pair with two remotes and one pair with a single remote works fine.  Any combination of two goggles causes all flight settings to freeze and max flight to be set at 0m (and all sensors to be shut off).  The apps essentially become unable to save any setting.   
2017-7-25
Use props
fans1d69f9d7
New
United States

Guys I have tried EVERYTHING, I believe. I have been on the phone with tech support for 4 to 5 hours. After deleting the app 2 times, upgrading / refreshing all software connecting one goggle then the next bla bla bla etc. they are giving me a case number and want me to send the goggles to their repair center.
Basically, they gave up trying or tried everything they could think of, nothing worked. I figure they will figure it out or do what is necessary to fix software.
By the way, they said if you weren't logged in on the app when you try to fly, it limits the distance for " security reasons". Well it didn't help

2017-8-1
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

So, i have the same problem using my Phantom 4 PRO? but i found one way too use DJI Goggles in normal mode? without limitation/
Simple, use your phone or tablet to take of, then disconekt phone and conect Goggles. Whoala, now you can fly higher an without any limitation ))
Guys, try and feedback
2017-8-9
Use props
lastVegas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belarus

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-9 10:12
So, i have the same problem using my Phantom 4 PRO? but i found one way too use DJI Goggles in normal mode? without limitation/
Simple, use your phone or tablet to take of, then disconekt phone and conect Goggles. Whoala, now you can fly higher an without any limitation ))
Guys, try and feedback

Same thing - just connect iOS/Android device first BEFORE takeoff. Then you can connect goggles and have limitations set on phone/tablet, not goggles 30m height limit.
Very strange that goggles works only this way. So we should wait for further improvements in firmware.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules