Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
12345678910Next >
75247 367 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans420fe723
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5225404 ft
United States

I am getting this message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected. I started receiving this message yesterday. I I have had my I2 for about five days now. I have the latest firmware and have the Dji go4 App on my tablet. I have an IPad mini 3. Could anyone advise on this message. Thanks
2017-6-17
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Probably telling you that the iPad 3 (same as iPad2) is not able to cope with the load. Upgrade device to at least a Mini4 if you like to stay with the small iPad.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

For the sake of troubleshooting, have you tried a different mobile device? Do you have video caching enabled or disabled? Does that iPad have as much memory available as possible?
2017-6-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
Like cougar said, it sounds like you need more power
I am running the iPad mini 4 128 gig memory and Wi-Fi / cellular version. No issues with any of my DJI drone including the I2

Rich
2017-6-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 21:30
For the sake of troubleshooting, have you tried a different mobile device? Do you have video caching enabled or disabled? Does that iPad have as much memory available as possible?

Hi Jamie,

Would video caching make much difference? I may try this next time I get issues.

Mark G.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5225404 ft
United States

Thank you, really appreciate your time and input.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans9f6601d1
New

Egypt

I get the same message while flying using iPad mini 2. This problem just started happening 2 days ago right after I updated the firmware to the latest version. The iPad has more than 30 gigs of free space and is up to date. When I switched to using my iPhone 7, it worked perfectly and this message never appeared.
2017-6-19
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans9f6601d1 Posted at 2017-6-19 07:38
I get the same message while flying using iPad mini 2. This problem just started happening 2 days ago right after I updated the firmware to the latest version. The iPad has more than 30 gigs of free space and is up to date. When I switched to using my iPhone 7, it worked perfectly and this message never appeared.

Sorry mate, the fact that you have free storage space on the iPad does not make it any more powerful.
The Go4 in conjunction with the Inspire 2 needs more power to run smoothly, Mini 2 & 3 is not a good fit for the I2, need an Mini 4 or better to be smooth.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans21d4f89a
New
United States

Same thing to me. I got P4P and Ipad mini 2 about 4 months. Everything was fine before, then suddenly happened yesterday. The video is lost even 20 feet away.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-18 03:02
Hi Jamie,

Would video caching make much difference? I may try this next time I get issues.

Having the Video Cache enabled does takes CPU power that can be taxing on some mobile devices more so than others. If you're noticing some lag or overall performance issues with the app itself, running things at the bare minimum can help alleviate the issue.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans420fe723 Posted at 2017-6-18 05:55
Thank you, really appreciate your time and input.

You're welcome, please let us know if you noticed any changes when you have the chance.
2017-6-19
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got the same message after I did the latest update with my iPad mini..
I never had it with my phantom 4 or the Inspire 2 until the update...

Maybe DJI should just stop messing up the Inspire 2 for a change.... Software when done right the first time does not need to be upgraded.
2017-6-19
Use props
Seachronicity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

I have the same issue as well.  I2 latest update, iPad mini4 128GB.  This began after the last update.  Tried restarting program,  on my Ipad stopped updating apps in the background and stopped cached videos in Go4.  Stopped the other programs from running in the background.

This must be a bug.

Hope DJI-Jamie is watching this.  Never had a problem before with over 80 flights.
2017-6-19
Use props
JMatic
lvl.1
Croatia

Same thing. Phantom 4 pro + ipad mini 4
Video signal keep braking and that warning message keeps poping.
I have big shooting tomorow and it is anoying as hell.
2017-6-19
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Same here, ipad Mini4, 128Gb. never had this problem, before. Just got that warning on Go4. It's gotta be a bug.
2017-6-19
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

raven4 Posted at 2017-6-19 11:34
Same here, ipad Mini4, 128Gb. never had this problem, before. Just got that warning on Go4. It's gotta be a bug.

Well I understand it could happen on an Pad Mini 2 or 3, but if it also happens on a Mini4 something is up. Will test on Wednesday with my iPad Pro.
2017-6-19
Use props
xefudo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7857828 ft
Portugal

Its true, after app update, I have same issue with two different mini 4. I think that is bug app. I have 80 flights before the update and never happen. after update happen all the time. I reinstall app and have two flights and never happen. I am wanting for more opinions.
2017-6-19
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am calling DJI to move their app to full fledged PC/Mac tablet. Their apps are getting out of control requiring so much resources.
2017-6-19
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-19 14:29
I am calling DJI to move their app to full fledged PC/Mac tablet. Their apps are getting out of control requiring so much resources.

I'm noticing that there's a TON of applications still open on my iPAD mini4, even after a complete power down and restart.  I just did a FORCE CLOSE on about 30 apps still running in the background. Just closing the app with the sleep button or powering down, doesn't seem to terminate these apps. I'm wondering if this is part of the problem with this error message.
2017-6-20
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

raven4 Posted at 2017-6-20 07:07
I'm noticing that there's a TON of applications still open on my iPAD mini4, even after a complete power down and restart.  I just did a FORCE CLOSE on about 30 apps still running in the background. Just closing the app with the sleep button or powering down, doesn't seem to terminate these apps. I'm wondering if this is part of the problem with this error message.

I think you have the reason right there, people need to close apps running in the background. Easy to do just double-tap the home button and the "swipe up" on any unwanted apps to close them.

Was out testing today and had NO issues at all, running booth latest Goapp4 and updated RC firmware.
2017-6-21
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

I think most people is aware on how to close their ios apps! in my case im on an iphone 6 p4p dji go4 and my iphone 6 has plenty of memory, 40% free, what its going on dji?  seems it has something to do with thedji hdmi module on my case because after taking it off and putting back the original usb-only module, i never get that message
2017-6-21
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321168 ft
Turkey

I had same issue 1 hour ago. Mavic Pro and IPad mini 4
2017-6-22
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.1
Turkey

Also I dont find (Enable hardware decoding) anymore in the Dji go 4 app
2017-6-22
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I get the feeling DJI are forcing us all to buy the Crystal Sky monitor since they forced us to install the crap updated app on our once perfect I pads....
2017-6-22
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So far the only slightly better fix is to resort to the March firmware using the DJI assistant and it still isn't as good as the drone was back in February ... The POV camera is much faster  than the X5s video but the screen is just too damn small for a professional setup.
2017-6-22
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Skyggen Posted at 2017-6-22 03:33
Also I dont find (Enable hardware decoding) anymore in the Dji go 4 app

You seems to be right, "Enable Hardware decoding" is no longer available in new app (4.1.2) that would make a huge difference and could be the reason.

Well spotted!
Edit: the option is now automactically on as per DJI. "CPU overload" has been reported.
2017-6-22
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

Same problem here, Phantom 4, iPad Mini 4. Talked to DJI support today about, was not really knowledgable about the problem, suggested I downgrade firmware and try it again. The only other possibility was the hot temperature when flying, but unlikely. I had the degraded video link, breaks, and green screen as well.
2017-6-22
Use props
ProBowie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096198 ft
United States

I too am having this problem.  Inspire 2, iPad mini 2 perfect workflow and never a problem.  After updating, I kept getting the message... I love the iPad mini size but feel like I must now upgrade to an iPad Pro.  Anyone with a iPad Pro have this problem??
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, I have feedbacked this issue to our engineer, just to clarify, the DJI Go 4 you installed are all latest version V4.1.2, right? And what's your iOS version? Does Android device has this problem? Anyone had tried Android?
2017-6-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have already accepted the fact that technology moves on and my iPad mini's days are numbered. So I have a Crystal sky on order.
[Also sick and tired of having to use hoods to be able to see monitor!!]
Meanwhile, while I await it's arrival, I have set image transmission to 720p and  disabled video caching .
Flew yesterday and got no warnings.

2017-6-23
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-6-23 06:26
I have already accepted the fact that technology moves on and my iPad mini's days are numbered. So I have a Crystal sky on order.
[Also sick and tired of having to use hoods to be able to see monitor!!]
Meanwhile, while I await it's arrival, I have set image transmission to 720p and  disabled video caching .

and how was the latency between what the X5s and iPad or even that between the X5s and the crapy POV camera...
2017-6-23
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-23 04:46
Hi guys, I have feedbacked this issue to our engineer, just to clarify, the DJI Go 4 you installed are all latest version V4.1.2, right? And what's your iOS version? Does Android device has this problem? Anyone had tried Android?

I have an iPad pro and running latest fw and app 4.1.2 (IOS) on my I2.
Did some testing today and can reproduce the issue but ONLY in 5.8ghz and far away from RC. No issues on 2.4.

So maybe users also should check what wifi (if they use booth) the are on as well as any issues with lot's on network, low altitude, obstructions etc? Not saying there is not an issue since I did see it, but it was only on 5.8. Also note, my iPad is way more capable then an Mini.
2017-6-23
Use props
LW_GEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1207431 ft
Poland

I have the same problem. Last update I2, iPad mini4 128 GB.Many flights and this message has never been made.
The Ipad mini 4 is a rarely used app.
100 GB free memory

IMG_0020.PNG
2017-6-24
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

I have an i2 with ipad 2 mini and has always worked well ... before the latest GO4 and hardware firmwares upgrade. Now I have this issue.

Technically, my contribution to identifying the problem is as follows: after the upgrade of the latest firmware (aircraft + RC) and the GO4 app I flew fine, with a climate of 25-30°C, until June 20th. On June 22th I moved to warmer latitudes (33-38°C) and since then I have the problem.

Politically, I think it is not right to exclude, at least without notice, a previously compliant tablet model. If DJI felt it was necessary to exclude tablet models would have signaled it with a warning at upgrade time. Right DJI?

I think DJI should revieu the software immediately.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether I can downgrade GO4 app. Any advice?
2017-6-24
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-23 04:46

DJI-Mindy....My iPad 4 mini  is on the latest iOS, v10.3.2
2017-6-24
Use props
Seachronicity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

DJI, please fix this.
Across the web, people are experiencing this not only with the I2, but with all of your models. Description of the problem extends across multiple languages.
This has occurred only since the latest Go 4 update.
It occurs on IPads and IPhones including the Mini 4 and the IPad Pro including the 128gb models. It occurs when no other programs are loaded in the background.
My CPU is definitely overloaded, and for the first time, I am getting video glitches with SSD prores.
I cannot reliably use the I2 for fear of recording bad video.
Again, this did not occur with the prior DJI Go 4 version.
Your help is appreciated.
2017-6-24
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.1
Turkey

All my gear is on latest firmware. Did more testing yesterday. After I mounted a sunscreen, I had no issues with 3 full batteries. Will test again tommorow with and without hood.
2017-6-24
Use props
fansdceb5c97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2640577 ft
United States

Yep, same issue. I2 / iPad Mini 2. No problems until the latest Go4. Clearly in software. Did a pro shoot last week and the camera op's feed (he was using the Mini on the cam sticks) kept lagging with the "CPU overload" warning appearing. I was using my iPhone 6Plus and seeing the lag as well. Never had this issue in the least until now.
Ordered the Crystal Sky 7.85" Ultra Brightness, which they are saying now won't even be shipping until the END of July. Really frustrating and not a good look for my company and DJI if it's failing on gigs with pros.
I was thinking about grabbing an iPad pro in the meantime...but according to what I'm seeing here....iPad Pro wont be a fix for this?
2017-6-24
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansdceb5c97 Posted at 2017-6-24 07:22
Yep, same issue. I2 / iPad Mini 2. No problems until the latest Go4. Clearly in software. Did a pro shoot last week and the camera op's feed (he was using the Mini on the cam sticks) kept lagging with the "CPU overload" warning appearing. I was using my iPhone 6Plus and seeing the lag as well. Never had this issue in the least until now.
Ordered the Crystal Sky 7.85" Ultra Brightness, which they are saying now won't even be shipping until the END of July. Really frustrating and not a good look for my company and DJI if it's failing on gigs with pros.
I was thinking about grabbing an iPad pro in the meantime...but according to what I'm seeing here....iPad Pro wont be a fix for this?

If it helps, I can tell you my iPad Pro 10.5" has no issues at all, plenty of power.
DJI still needs to fix this, why was the option to turn on/off the "enable Hardware decoding" removed in IOS? Like to have it back, even if DJI enables this behind the scenes (as some DJI rep. told me) , I like to know it is on, clearly something is wrong.
2017-6-24
Use props
Tomnrenee
New
Flight distance : 337536 ft
United States

Just got samething for first time. CPU FULLY LOADED.
No changes ipad4 phantom 4 pro. 6 months no problem. Only change was updates. Hope this is a quick fix.
2017-6-24
Use props
12345678910Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules