Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
2146012299 2146012299 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

After I turned off video caching the warning no longer showed up. But I need to test it some more.

I've only recently been getting this message on my iPhone 6 (even with all apps killed, the phone rebooted, and in mild weather) and on my iPad Mini 2. Both devices have worked flawlessly until now.

I fear the Go 4 app is suffering from increasing bloat. It's supporting too many aircraft with differing features and crap such as Skypixel and an editor. No one I know uses the editor or Skypixel.
2017-7-4
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bnewman Posted at 2017-7-4 06:27
After I turned off video caching the warning no longer showed up. But I need to test it some more.

I've only recently been getting this message on my iPhone 6 (even with all apps killed, the phone rebooted, and in mild weather) and on my iPad Mini 2. Both devices have worked flawlessly until now.

There should be a single app for each product...
2017-7-4
Use props
fansd2593e8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1230039 ft
United States

bnewman Posted at 2017-7-4 06:27

I also turned off Video Caching and have not seen the error message since.  I agreed, the app is very bloated and should probably be separated into smaller apps per device.
2017-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 00:23
Our engineer is working on it, I will keep you posted once the APP gets revised, really apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused.

Hi Mindy
Thank you for the update, I can confirm this CPU issue is now affecting all of my DJI drones as well. This is a huge bug and not just a added feature as stated by R&D.
having the same issues on these machines
Inspire 1 and 2
Mavic Pro
P4P  

Rich
2017-7-4
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-6-19 08:03
Sorry mate, the fact that you have free storage space on the iPad does not make it any more powerful.
The Go4 in conjunction with the Inspire 2 needs more power to run smoothly, Mini 2 & 3 is not a good fit for the I2, need an Mini 4 or better to be smooth.

The irritating thing is that all this stuff used to work perfectly on the same equipment.  Either the last DJI Go update or the last iPad update has screwed things up.  My device didn't get "less powerful" between updates.  I just purchased an iPad pro 512gb and will try it on that one to make sure.
2017-7-4
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

frankencopter Posted at 2017-7-4 17:39
The irritating thing is that all this stuff used to work perfectly on the same equipment.  Either the last DJI Go update or the last iPad update has screwed things up.  My device didn't get "less powerful" between updates.  I just purchased an iPad pro 512gb and will try it on that one to make sure.

Agree that it is irritating and no, it should not be an issue.  What I was saying was that the amount of storage will not really help with performance. What is needed is a better processor and more ram, you should have that with the Pro. I am running the new iPad  Pro 10.5" and have no issues, that being sad, it has been confirmed by DJI that there is a problem and they will fix it. Also the insistence by DJI to include all different platforms on the same app is not helpful, it is becoming very bloated and prone to issues as they fix one thing, and it affects something else.
2017-7-4
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-4 18:00
Agree that it is irritating and no, it should not be an issue.  What I was saying was that the amount of storage will not really help with performance. What is needed is a better processor and more ram, you should have that with the Pro. I am running the new iPad  Pro 10.5" and have no issues, that being sad, it has been confirmed by DJI that there is a problem and they will fix it. Also the insistence by DJI to include all different platforms on the same app is not helpful, it is becoming very bloated and prone to issues as they fix one thing, and it affects something else.

I agree with you.   I hope that when DJI does an update it is also for the P3P.  Was getting regular firmware updates and then the Mavic hit the street and there has not been an update for quite a while.  

2017-7-4
Use props
Username12
New
United States

DJI,

My Ipad Mini 4 is getting HOT and the feed is very glitchy and show green blocks.  I also noticed the metal HDMI port on the remote is very hot to the touch.

This started happening AFTER the last update.

See:  

IPad Mini 4: 10.3.2
DJI GO APP: 3.1.13
AC: 1.10.01.40 (and Camera)
RC: 1.7.60
Inspire 1

I also have a Nexus 7 (latest APP version) and it does not experience the same issue.

Now that you've collected our emails, can you fix the app please?
2017-7-5
Use props
DJL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-17 21:48
Hi
Like cougar said, it sounds like you need more power
I am running the iPad mini 4 128 gig memory and Wi-Fi / cellular version. No issues with any of my DJI drone including the I2

I'm getting this message too and using an iPad mini 4 128 gb cellular. It's either the new firmware or the new go4 app version.
djigo 4 v 4.1.3
2017-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-5 16:05
I'm getting this message too and using an iPad mini 4 128gb cellular. It's either the new firmware or the new go4 app version.

yes sir that is the same version I own too.

Let's hope DJI comes out with the fix soon..

Rich
2017-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-4 18:00

Cougar
I have ordered the same iPad pro 10.5 that you have (like we discussed by email).  Have not gotten the shipping notice yet, but it is a done deal

Hope DJI can get this fixed soon as this has really come at a bad time with the summer heat.

Rich
2017-7-5
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-5 17:02
Cougar
I have ordered the same iPad pro 10.5 that you have (like we discussed by email).  Have not gotten the shipping notice yet, but it is a done deal

Rich great to hear, you be pleased with the new Pro. Have not had any issues at all, that being said, it should not be that you have to get a new device, just because DJI made some changes. And yes, summer is upon us, so given the issues with heat on top of that is not helpful, bad timing indeed.
2017-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-5 17:56
Rich great to hear, you be pleased with the new Pro. Have not had any issues at all, that being said, it should not be that you have to get a new device, just because DJI made some changes. And yes, summer is upon us, so given the issues with heat on top of that is not helpful, bad timing indeed.

Thanks my friend, I didn't want to get the latest device because of the Go 4 App issue... As you know I needed to use up some of my miles before losing them   

The temperatures have been hovering around 98 - 100 degrees this past week.  I haven't even gone down to the river for some new shots yet!

Rich
2017-7-5
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
United States

New firmware released today.  I wonder...
2017-7-6
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

Where can we find the firmware released today?
2017-7-6
Use props
fansfe65cb06
lvl.1

United States

Yesterday I had the same issue with a P3P and Mini3 running just the Go app (not Go4). Worked perfect on monday. The Mini 3 is bare bones and is only used for the bird.
2017-7-7
Use props
RocketBrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9681073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went all last summer with my P3P's and iPad Mini 4 with no issues. With the P4Pro, GO 4 and the same iPad Mini 4, it began having problems once the temps got into the 90's, and is unusable over 100 (everyday here). My wife's iPad Pro 9.7 works fine.
This is how I have to operate, after putting the iPad in the fridge first..
IMG_1978.JPG
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Three questions:

1. Is the new iPad Pro 10.5" working without video lag (i.e. 0%)?
    My Air 2 is breaking up video feed now maybe 2% of the time where it was 0% a year ago so the Air 2 may be too old now.

2. Does the new iPad Pro 10.5" fit into the I2 holder without the need for an extension piece?
   I see two small screws under the upper clamp and was wondering if longer screws and a shim made out of plastic might work if an extender is needed rather than the big slide-in affair as sold online.

3. Also, can the SIM card be taken out of the Air 2 and put into the 10.5" without an issue with it or the carrier?

Tia.
2017-7-7
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RocketBrew Posted at 2017-7-7 07:20
I went all last summer with my P3P's and iPad Mini 4 with no issues. With the P4Pro, GO 4 and the same iPad Mini 4, it began having problems once the temps got into the 90's, and is unusable over 100 (everyday here). My wife's iPad Pro 9.7 works fine.

Seriously DJI fix this crap app..
2017-7-7
Use props
fans2d046c80
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-23 04:46
Hi guys, I have feedbacked this issue to our engineer, just to clarify, the DJI Go 4 you installed are all latest version V4.1.2, right? And what's your iOS version? Does Android device has this problem? Anyone had tried Android?

Hello @DJI Mindy I do use my P4 with an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab-4 tablet with 16 GB Ram since I got the P4 when it come out the first day on the mac store and have been using it all the time on my tablet and also on my Samsung Note 4 with no issues until last week when I got the same problems described here, interrupted video, green horizontal bars, noise bars, freezed video, and the such, I did also used my Tab 4 previously with a P3P that I returned when the P4 came out.

These problems happen even at distances of just 15 to 20 feets of distance from the drone to the remote control.

Again this never happened before even at distances of 1+ mile away !
2017-7-7
Use props
fans10c26b93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2803504 ft
United States

It's somewhat comparing apples to Androids but on my Galaxy S7 I've noticed video breakups when I have Bluetooth turned on. I know it's not the CPU overload issue but it is video related.
2017-7-7
Use props
fansb7027fff
lvl.1
United States

I have an I2 and have this same issue (CPU of mobile device loaded. May affect performance, etc.) on an iPad 2, iPhone 6 plus. Upgraded to a brand-new iPad mini 4 and it persists. The I2 is incredible —when it works properly (a rarity...). Almost without exception, every time I fly there is something wrong, especially with the video feed and disconnecting. I have lost many valuable shots / video bc of this and I hope DJI fixes them asap!
2017-7-7
Use props
TomOwen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303438 ft
United States

Same problem here. Started at last APP upgrade. (Also not getting GPS for RTController, related but different). Mini 2, Mavic, all working well and then CPU bugger...  Subscribed
2017-7-7
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
United States

Seachronicity Posted at 2017-7-6 18:57
Where can we find the firmware released today?

Go to support on the DJI website. Pick you equipment and then go down almost to the bottom of the page.  You will see "Downloads".  full instructions on how to copy to a micro sd card.    Follow the directions in the PDF carefully.  I had to relink my P3P after the upgrade.   However...  issue remains.
2017-7-7
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
United States

RocketBrew Posted at 2017-7-7 07:20

I also noticed my ipad mini getting red hot after a few minutes of usage.  Only happened after the November update
2017-7-7
Use props
fansd25d907a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172362 ft
United States

It's thebupdate, I have same issues
2017-7-7
Use props
Mario A.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Germany

Same Problem here. Video transmission with the Inspire 1 Pro without cache and all Apps closed works horrible. Half decoded pictures and coming home without video signal even when the inspire is about 2 meters away.

DJI fix this asap please!
2017-7-7
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Got the CPU warning for the first time today. Been using the same iPad Air since February. I had 53 flights and over 52 miles flown with this iPad/I2 combination without a problem until this last update.
2017-7-7
Use props
JMatic
lvl.1
Croatia

This is taking too long to fix. We have been grounded for quite time...  I am rejecting and loosing too many jubs because of this.  Just bought galaxy S8 so I can fly again, but now I am reading this is starting to happen to android too? :/
2017-7-7
Use props
skil
New
United States

Downloaded todays update, same video issues with iPad Mini4.
2017-7-8
Use props
freeall
New

Vietnam

For the sake of troubleshooting, have you tried a different mobile device? Do you have video caching enabled or disabled? Does that iPad have as much memory available as possible?
2017-7-9
Use props
freeall
New

Vietnam

DJI fix this asap please! Free After Effects Templates
2017-7-9
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So far DJI have been completely useless and have not issued a fix for their crap Inspire 2 app and firmware updates...

DJI I would like a full refund for my useless $10,000.00 drone setup...

Thank You
2017-7-9
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same problem here!!! Is not possible to work with this problem!!! DJI please fix this problem.

P4Pro
iPad Mini2
Latest firmware and app
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is the new feature of DJI Go to detect the CPU of your smartphone, please try to use Remote Controller Monitor Hood to avoid  direct sunlight, or the mobile device will become hot and affect the flight performance and image transmission.
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 02:36
This is the new feature of DJI Go to detect the CPU of your smartphone, please try to use Remote Controller Monitor Hood to avoid  direct sunlight, or the mobile device will become hot and affect the flight performance and image transmission.

With all due respect Mindy do you think we are not smart enough to use a Hoodman shade in order to see the screen of the iPad or find a shady spot to stand ? This so called "new feature" is not needed and it is this new feature that has grounded my inspire 2...

I have posted the ambient temps every time I tried a new setting and after yesterdays 78*f test in the shade I can say with confidence that it is your DJI inspire 2 software not my iPad CPU making my $10,k investment useless for its intended purpose...

I would like to revert back to the old firmware that worked out of the box or a refund.

Thank you

2017-7-10
Use props
Chukigek
New
Russia

It's a perfect solution - to call bug a new feature!
2017-7-10
Use props
DJL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

In regards to your DJI Product / Mavic PRO - Warning Message. Thank you for providing pictures, we recommend to wipe-out all DJI applications on your IOS device and restart-it then-after if you have a third party device cleaner process-it then again download the DJI Go 4 Application here (DJI Go 4 Application) or from Apple Store and start-up the unit and do calibrations (IMU/Gimbal/Sensor/Remote Controller) before starting the motors. We hope that these instructions will help you fix the issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri. 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Email: support.us@dji.com / support@dji.com

I was using an iPad mini 4 128GB cellular version. I will do some test flight after I do what they recommended and post it tomorrow. I hope this works, keep your fingers crossed!!!  
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-10 07:59
I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

Good luck with that and let me know how it goes since it didn't work for me..
2017-7-10
Use props
Doban Lucian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33415 ft
Romania

Now i can not use ipad mini 3 anymore. The screen image is stuck, appears green over, or black. Before the update, the tablet worked perfectly. What do they want now?
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules