Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
76122 367 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 02:36
This is the new feature of DJI Go to detect the CPU of your smartphone, please try to use Remote Controller Monitor Hood to avoid  direct sunlight, or the mobile device will become hot and affect the flight performance and image transmission.

So basically you are saying that this new "feature" is detecting a problem that already existed.{:4_177:}
Sorry but that a bunch of bull.   I've flown in much hotter temps before this update and never had flight or video transmission problems due to my iPad overheating.  My iPad always stayed cool until this last update.  This morning I had a short flight in 75° degree weather while standing in the shade.  My iPad was ice cold from my truck AC when I started and was in a hood.  Within 5 minutes, I was getting the warning and losing video transmission with the Inspire hovering 20 feet over my head.
Maybe you guys should stick to building a flight control software that works instead of packing full of crap like a video editor that no one uses.
This "feature" is not just detecting a problem, it's creating the problem.  My guess is that you guys are trying to force people into buying the Crystal Sky.
2017-7-10
Use props
xglobalyst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67448 ft
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-10 07:59
I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

I so hope that you got to "the right guy". Makes sense. I use a current FW I2 and a 3 month old iPad Mini4, and got nailed with the warning the next day, never saw it before. I thought it was making video on SD AND SSD skip, then I realized the heat index was 109 in St Pete Florida...

That said, the heat here is known to alert CPUs in tablets, and can cause issues (we all GEL in FL)...

I'll follow your post, I was thinking about a similar approach, since the iPad is already "clean" of apps, stuff, multi-task, notifications, and I don't use the cell side (mine was bought without it to reduce issues).
2017-7-10
Use props
jhartlove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

Same problem here, did the upgrade and now my video is all choppy, Getting the  "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" message.  I hope they fix this problem soon.
2017-7-10
Use props
jhartlove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-25 22:49
Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

FYI, this is also happening with the original DJI GO App. Not just the GO4. I am flying a Phantom 3 Pro with Ipad mini. Never had a problem for the past two years. Now, video is freezing up constantly and I am getting CPU messages. Please put the old version back on the site until you guys figure this out.
2017-7-10
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

The problem is more than the warning.  I'm getting frame glitches with the I2.
2017-7-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It seems that this issue is severely affecting I2 customers. Why can't DJI make a decisive judgement to rollback to a previous stable FW giving users breathing space and allowing for their normal business. In the meantime, DJI will have less pressure/constraint to investigate their failed FW. I only think that this suggestion make sense for all party. The ball is now squarely in DJI 's court.
2017-7-10
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

DTK Posted at 2017-7-10 14:11
It seems that this issue is severely affecting I2 customers. Why can't DJI make a decisive judgement to rollback to a previous stable FW giving users breathing space and allowing for their normal business. In the meantime, DJI will have less pressure/constraint to investigate their failed FW. I only think that this suggestion make sense for all party. The ball is now squarely in DJI 's court.

Same problem here. We are suffering from a strange HDMI output artifact, so we upgraded because it said "better received signal quality" or something like that . Then FULL CPU... started showing. Even the app closed midflight (what had NEVER happended before). Did not noticed the hotness in the Ipad mini2, but it was a cold night, so not a weather related failure. Before that, the ipad mini 2 worked perfectly.
WTF!!!????
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hate to say this but I'm glad I'm not the only guy bitchin about this now...

DJI fix it or give me a full refund for this now junk drone.
2017-7-10
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Question for the guys that have the Litchi app.  Does this bug affect the Litchi app or does everything work as it should?  I'm considering buying the Litchi app, but I want to make sure that I wouldn't be spending money for no reason.
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm pretty sure the problem is within the firmware since it is still there when I tried using the old app.
2017-7-10
Use props
actpossie
New
Australia

Add me to the list of 'unhappy campers' here. Installed DJI GO app, tested in the flight simulator, all OK. Then did the latest firmware update ...and voila 'CPU Fully Loaded' messages in the app. on iPad.
Not even got my P3P off the ground yet and not even willing to try ...so very disappointed. Need a fix/solution DJI.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansa8676760
lvl.1
Flight distance : 667694 ft
United States

Flew  my Mavic this afternoon with the same warning! mobile device CPU fully loaded, related performance will be affected.!! Was running a iPhone 6. I phone was super hot and this happened about 3 minutes into flight.. I received this message  3 times during that flight..  it was pretty hot out. Flew later this evening and no CPU warning. Was much cooler out.  What's going on here??
2017-7-11
Use props
Hockeypickles23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4121 ft
United States

They better fix this issue soon because I bought my drone for vacation and I was testing it before we left and it was fine. Updated and now CPU overload. Thanks DJI for ruining my film making vacation.
2017-7-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

We have not heard anything from DJI so far. I don't think it will have any good news soon.
2017-7-12
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Does someone know how to turn of the video cache?
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SAFAERIALS Posted at 2017-7-12 07:28

It can be turned off in the app..
2017-7-12
Use props
Carlos A. Cabad
lvl.1
Mexico

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-12 07:37

Like ronin rs211 said, In the app: in the 3 dots -> General Settings -> Clear Video Cache-> Delete. (Cache During Video Shooting must be enabled).
2017-7-12
Use props
CACT
lvl.1
Mexico

SAFAERIALS Posted at 2017-7-12 07:28

Like ronin rs211 said to you, In the app: in the 3 dots -> General Settings -> Clear Video Cache-> Delete. (Cache During Video Shooting must be enabled). have luck
2017-7-12
Use props
CACT
lvl.1
Mexico

Carlos A. Cabad Posted at 2017-7-12 07:45
Like ronin rs211 said, In the app: in the 3 dots -> General Settings -> Clear Video Cache-> Delete. (Cache During Video Shooting must be enabled).

Sorry ronin for replied to you
2017-7-12
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-12 07:37

Ok, perfect! thanks!
2017-7-12
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Carlos A. Cabad Posted at 2017-7-12 07:45

Ok, so then I must just clear it.. thanks!
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CACT Posted at 2017-7-12 08:01
Sorry ronin for replied to you

We are all here to help my friend.
2017-7-12
Use props
-ScubaSteve-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458832 ft
United States

I have been having the same issue.  Just completed app clean out on my mini 3, no impact.  Turned off cache, no impact. Turned off "enable hdmi", issue stopped.  All test done at ~90 deg.

I used up a full battery pair (~22 min) and no message.  I have a shoot later tonight.  I will update you to see if the error remains clear.
2017-7-15
Use props
Media-drone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all

New on here, so hi to you all. I was just about to opt for I2 package. After reading what has been happening following FW update I will now hold a re-evaluate whether to purchase or look elsewhere. Sorry DJI but it seems you just lost a £6,000 sale. Feel for you guys. Would seem sensible to me to port back to the last good working version. But, hey sensible just doesn't seem to be part of modern society.

Glyn Uk england
2017-7-15
Use props
user1442f70ae1
New

United States

I'm getting this joke of a problem too. I use an iPhone 7 with my Phantom 4. NEVER had this problem before. DJI you better test your app and hardware before releasing updates. We pay too much to be treated like this.
IMG_0894.PNG
2017-7-15
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

-ScubaSteve- Posted at 2017-7-15 10:57
I have been having the same issue.  Just completed app clean out on my mini 3, no impact.  Turned off cache, no impact. Turned off "enable hdmi", issue stopped.  All test done at ~90 deg.

I used up a full battery pair (~22 min) and no message.  I have a shoot later tonight.  I will update you to see if the error remains clear.

I guess I was onto something when I turned the HDMI off. Still haven't had a chance to do a 2nd flight in hotter temps since turning it off.  Been raining every time I'm free.
2017-7-15
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-15 13:25
I guess I was onto something when I turned the HDMI off. Still haven't had a chance to do a 2nd flight in hotter temps since turning it off.  Been raining every time I'm free.

Our main job these days is feeding live view via HDMI, so I hope there is a solution very soon...
We are still dealing with an HDMI output issue. Haven´t had a word from DJI in weeks (the DJI dealer opened a case)
2017-7-15
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The only fix I see is that you have to buy  the latest $780 iPad pro or DJI's crystal sky if you want to fly worry free, or else you take your chances...

I bought the iPad Pro and will never buy another DJI product after being forced into it after the upgrade..
2017-7-16
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Ale Reynoso Cin Posted at 2017-7-15 22:17
Our main job these days is feeding live view via HDMI, so I hope there is a solution very soon...
We are still dealing with an HDMI output issue. Haven´t had a word from DJI in weeks (the DJI dealer opened a case)

Ya I knew when I posted that suggestion that it was gonna suck  for the guys that have to use the hdmi port.  For the rest of us that haven't needed, or don't use the port for every job, hopefully this work around does prove to work so that we can get back to flying.  DEFINITELY NOT GIVING DJI AN OUT. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!  Maybe they can use this as a clue of where to start.
2017-7-16
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-6-19 08:03
Sorry mate, the fact that you have free storage space on the iPad does not make it any more powerful.
The Go4 in conjunction with the Inspire 2 needs more power to run smoothly, Mini 2 & 3 is not a good fit for the I2, need an Mini 4 or better to be smooth.

I'm having this same error on my Inspire 1 Pro, using an iPad Mini 4, the same iPad that I've been using as a dedicated device for my Inspire for the last year and half.  It's is absolutely a bug in the newest firmware/app update.
2017-7-16
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-10 11:48
So basically you are saying that this new "feature" is detecting a problem that already existed.{:4_177:}
Sorry but that a bunch of bull.   I've flown in much hotter temps before this update and never had flight or video transmission problems due to my iPad overheating.  My iPad always stayed cool until this last update.  This morning I had a short flight in 75° degree weather while standing in the shade.  My iPad was ice cold from my truck AC when I started and was in a hood.  Within 5 minutes, I was getting the warning and losing video transmission with the Inspire hovering 20 feet over my head.
Maybe you guys should stick to building a flight control software that works instead of packing full of crap like a video editor that no one uses.

This is indeed a bunch of crap.  My Inspire Pro/iPad Mini 4 are now worthless despite working fine for the last year and a half.  The update to the app/firmware is responsible for poorly using the device's CPU.
2017-7-16
Use props
-ScubaSteve-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458832 ft
United States

Further testing complete.  I don't know if I can edit my previous post.

The change in HDMI settings did not fix stability.  On my first test flight it did, but last nights shoot and this AM the issue continued.

Fingers crossed today's firmware update will fix this.
2017-7-16
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. The engineers have found something about this bug and they will fix it as soon as possible.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The post on 153# is from our R&D engineer, we have been aware of this issue and is working on it, your patience would be highly appreciated.
2017-7-16
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

-ScubaSteve- Posted at 2017-7-16 10:41
Further testing complete.  I don't know if I can edit my previous post.

The change in HDMI settings did not fix stability.  On my first test flight it did, but last nights shoot and this AM the issue continued.

What are you flying?  I just powered up my I2 and there were no firmware updates.
2017-7-16
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The fix was me going out and spending another $728.00 for an iPad Pro after DJI made my iPad mini and iPhone 6s obsolete with the new app and firmware update...

The crack team of Benjamins in my now thinner wallet fixed it... As I said before no one at DJI are of any help when it comes to the issues DJI create..

Flew today with my "NEW" iPad Pro and got some great video, no thanks to DJI.
2017-7-16
Use props
jeffb
New
United States

I have a mavic that just started to do the same thing, in what i think was the latest 4.1.3 app update. So i downgraded the app (DJI Go 4) to 4.1.2 and it was pretty stable up until the low battery warning started. The CPU then pegged again and video got choppy. I can try 4.1.0 as those are the only three i have available to test with. iPad mini 4 - mavic pro with official apple cord connected to usb on controller.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-10 07:59
I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS.  I again contacted support and waiting for a reply.
What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!
Dji do something!!!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJL Posted at 2017-7-19 10:37
Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS.  I again contacted support and waiting for a reply.
What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!

Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on it, and the new version APP will be released very soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-20
Use props
mmstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228199 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 00:03
Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on it, and the new version APP will be released very soon, appreciate your patience.

DJI Mindy, soon it means when?  In a few days I go on vacation and need efficient equipment.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules