Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
75349 367 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mmstudio Posted at 2017-7-20 02:37
DJI Mindy, soon it means when?  In a few days I go on vacation and need efficient equipment.

I cannot provide the date because we have no idea either. It's just a reminder, please put the RC and mobile device in shade place during flight.
2017-7-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I am also with the latest firmware and DJI app, getting the same issues on my iPad and iPhone 7...  My video feed continues, but the touch screen stops responding for 3 to 5 min, then responds to a touch, then freezes again.  Same issue on either device.  The air temp is a modest 24 celsius (not hot at all).  and the device in my case not not much warmer.  These same two devices worked perfect prior to the firmware and DJI go updates.

Tried an Android S8 Edge, but app kept disconnecting from the controller (tried two different cables that had no prior issues) so I was not able to use the S8 Edge to really prove anything or get around my issues.
2017-7-20
Use props
fansbcbedd06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 761299 ft
Bulgaria

Some problems here.  Ipad mini 3, Iphone 6s+, 3pro and 4
2017-7-22
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Ugh. Me too. P3P iPad mini2 latest app and fw.

Prior to this no problem, I plugged in my iPhone 6s Plus and was a little better but as it's occurring on all minis I'll not update. Again, not a problem til update.

Seems as though this has been going on for awhile.

Still no fix besides iPad Pro?
2017-7-22
Use props
Handsome Gorgeo
lvl.1
United States

I have the I1pro am fully updated iPad mini 2 was working fine before the update and now is crap. I have part 107 and fully insured + permits to shoot in a National Park and clearance from ATC but now I don't have a working drone. It does seem that the second RC is streaming better than the pilots. With all of the troubles production went through to comply with FAA this could make me look like an idiot. Can I downgrade FW?
2017-7-22
Use props
Handsome Gorgeo
lvl.1
United States

iPad mini 2 is now not functional. It could be a coincidence.  Has anyone else had this happen?
2017-7-23
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

I had the original iPad mini generation 1 and it never worked, so I used my phone and Fat Shark goggles. Then I noticed I couldn't get decent focus with the goggles.

I went out and bought an iPad mini 4. It was flawless and I had some fun with it. Then someone paid me to do a shoot and guess what, the iPad mini 4 no longer works. I had to stand there like a complete fool with 3 people hovering over my iPhone 6s. Most of the shoot was ruined by fumbling around with registering the app and inconsistent firmware on the phone.

I don't know how anyone makes money with the Phantom. Something always comes up, hardware, firmware, etc. I give up on the idea of ever using this thing commercially. The part that bothers me is that I paid another $450 for the new iPad, and now I have zero use for it. I now have around $2400 invested into my P4 Pro, of which I've recouped $200 for one Part 107 flight. So now I have an unreliable $2200 toy, except it's not really a toy because it's super fragile, slow, and doesn't do acro.

Since DJI lists the iPad mini 4 as compatible, I feel they're 100% to blame. They do not care about end users, if they did this wouldn't happen. I am done with this company and their reliability.

I bet anything nothing happens over this. Good luck guys.
2017-7-23
Use props
Alienvlg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 686926 ft

Russia

I have the same prob after update sw yersterday. Iphone 5s + ph3p. Plz fixe it. I can't do my  job.
2017-7-23
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

Sure looking forward to the new app.  I have a P3P and when this problem started, it was on the ipad mini.  No different with the ipad air 2 or my iphone 6 plus.   I just picked up a new iPad Pro and haven't tried it yet.  The new software seems to really overdrive the cpu.  My iPad mini and iPhone are red-hot after only 10-15 minutes of flight!   Problem with the iPad Pro is the 10.5" model is way too big for any RC mount scheme so I'm looking for a neck harness of some type to hold the pad.  There is also the outdoor brightness issue with the larger screen and no sunshade :-( .   I was using my iPhone 6 plus with some goggles for the outside issue and it was working well.  then the upgrade and CPU overdrive issue along with bad jumpy video.

2017-7-23
Use props
DJL
First Officer
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 02:50
I cannot provide the date because we have no idea either. It's just a reminder, please put the RC and mobile device in shade place during flight.

It's frustrating waiting for an update to fix this problem. Unable to use the mavic pro to take some videos while I'm in so many beautiful places while on vacation.
Dji  needs to update the app to a reliable version.
2017-7-23
Use props
tompiotrowski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2814265 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have iPad Mini 4 the latest generation and iPhone 7.  The "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" appeared on my screens several times.  To me this looks like a bad software design (Dji Go 4), a memory leak issue, where the application is unable to constraint itself.  
2017-7-24
Use props
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3893783 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had problems with the last and current firmware on a Inspire pro. Both versions give green and black bars covering the screen, lag and slow refresh. I am using an Ipad air and Air2 for the slave.
2017-7-24
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

As discussed, same issue with a Inspire 1 w/ the most recent firmware on an Apple iPad Mini 2.

From what I'm gathering the most reliable fix is the A10x chip version of the iPad...which sucks because depending on if you're a hobbiest or a business professional...dropping 6 - 800 to continue to enjoy or make money w/ your $2000.00 piece of equipment is absolutely outrageous especially since DJI still states that the device is supported and well - I've been less then happy with the recent customer service I've received with my purchase.
2017-7-24
Use props
Neal J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42956 ft
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-24 11:56
As discussed, same issue with a Inspire 1 w/ the most recent firmware on an Apple iPad Mini 2.

From what I'm gathering the most reliable fix is the A10x chip version of the iPad...which sucks because depending on if you're a hobbiest or a business professional...dropping 6 - 800 to continue to enjoy or make money w/ your $2000.00 piece of equipment is absolutely outrageous especially since DJI still states that the device is supported and well - I've been less then happy with the recent customer service I've received with my purchase.

Same for me on iPad Air 2 and inspire 2. Nothing like hearing how our birds are basically unusable until dji figures out a fix.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

New IOS Go4 App is out, hope that helps the issue.
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
Second Officer

United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-25 11:06
New IOS Go4 App is out, hope that helps the issue.

Hopefully.... The description doesn't say anything about fixing bugs.  Looks like its mostly new features for the Spark and the worthless editor.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 11:13
Hopefully.... The description doesn't say anything about fixing bugs.  Looks like its mostly new features for the Spark and the worthless editor.

Yes a lot of useless things is in the app, not my taste at all. There should be a Pro App without all the "extras" at least for serious I2 users.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-25 11:33
Yes a lot of useless things is in the app, not my taste at all. There should be a Pro App without all the "extras" at least for serious I2 users.

Can you make it so it's for the "serious" Inspire 1 users as well....here I am trying to run a business over here and I've got a $2,000.00 paperweight.
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
Second Officer

United States

Just did a test flight with the new App.  So far so good.  I did a lot of sport mode runs since that's where I saw the CPU issue the most, so I only got a 16+ minute flight.  in total it was a 2.5 mile flight in 94ºF weather with a Density Altitude of 2167ft (humid as hell.  Heat index of 101ºF)

NO ERRORS
Edit:  I was also standing directly in the sun in a concrete parking lot, so no shade.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 12:52
Just did a test flight with the new App.  So far so good.  I did a lot of sport mode runs since that's where I saw the CPU issue the most, so I only got a 16+ minute flight.  in total it was a 2.5 mile flight in 94ºF weather with a Density Altitude of 2167ft (humid as hell.  Heat index of 101ºF)

NO ERRORS

Just to be clear, which iPad / video device are your running? Also, I just checked - my DJI Go App doesn't show any updates on my iOS device. Any ideas?
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
Second Officer

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 12:59
Just to be clear, which iPad / video device are your running? Also, I just checked - my DJI Go App doesn't show any updates on my iOS device. Any ideas?

Ipad Air with an Inspire 2.  The DJI Go 4 app updated earlier.  
2017-7-25
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 12:59

U gotta go to the Apple Store to check for updates.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-7-25 13:07
U gotta go to the Apple Store to check for updates.

I have the DJI Go - For Phantom 3, Inspire 1, OSMO and Matrice...no update. I run the Inspire 1 v2.0.
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
Second Officer

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 13:11
I have the DJI Go - For Phantom 3, Inspire 1, OSMO and Matrice...no update. I run the Inspire 1 v2.0.

Hopefully the update for that app is not far behind.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 13:14
Hopefully the update for that app is not far behind.

I agree, glad to hear it's fixed though!
2017-7-25
Use props
fans986a8292
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119754 ft
Italy

(Inspire2), also think about fixing the link with the second controller, continued connectivity. It is not possible for a professional product to have these problems. I've spent more than 15,000 € between inspire2 and accessories and it's worse than a phantom
2017-7-26
Use props
fans986a8292
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119754 ft
Italy

(inspire2), also think about fixing the link with the second controller, continued connectivity. It is not possible for a professional product to have these problems. I've spent more than 15,000 € between inspire2 and accessories and it's worse than a phantom
2017-7-26
Use props
fans70535b83
New
Flight distance : 12680 ft

Greece

This is a very big problem for me, I have the Ipad mini 3 in the descriptions of the compatibility says that it fits, why is this problem after the update? Previously, everything worked perfectly on this device! Solve this problem please
2017-7-26
Use props
fansb3d275af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316181 ft
France

I am unsure if it can help : I was getting the same "CPU overloaded" message with iPad3 and iPadmini and the app was crashing before displaying any video.
I erased the video cache, disabled the "cache during video shooting", erased the app, then loaded it again (from the cloud) : no more frustration alert message
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
Second Officer

United States

fansb3d275af Posted at 2017-7-26 07:01
I am unsure if it can help : I was getting the same "CPU overloaded" message with iPad3 and iPadmini and the app was crashing before displaying any video.
I erased the video cache, disabled the "cache during video shooting", erased the app, then loaded it again (from the cloud) : no more frustration alert message

That didn't matter, I've had video caching off since I got the I2 back in January and I was getting the  warnings after that last update.

Good news is that after yesterday's update, I've now flown one test flight and 2 full jobs without any errors.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJL
First Officer
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-23 22:21
It's frustrating waiting for an update to fix this problem. Unable to use the mavic pro to take some videos while I'm in so many beautiful places while on vacation.
Dji  needs to update the app to a reliable version.

I did a few flights today and did not have the "Device CPU fully loaded..." warnings . So far the IOS  djigo4 app version 4.1.4 seem to be better.
The temperature was 89 F and my ipad mini 4 128 GB cellular had no problems. Video transmission was clear and had no glitches. It did get warm but not hot.
I will fly more tomorrow and will post again with an update.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansb5c4095c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366348 ft
United States

iPad mini2 here with latest 4.1.4.  CPU error and video link freezing after 15 minutes flight.  88 degrees here. Never had the issue prior to these app updates.

I bought iPad mini 2 because S7 was no longer compatible. Now I can't use the iPad I just bought. I am about ready to give my business to yuneec.
2017-7-30
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

fansb5c4095c Posted at 2017-7-30 12:56
iPad mini2 here with latest 4.1.4.  CPU error and video link freezing after 15 minutes flight.  88 degrees here. Never had the issue prior to these app updates.

I bought iPad mini 2 because S7 was no longer compatible. Now I can't use the iPad I just bought. I am about ready to give my business to yuneec.

But have you the LATEST DJI Go4 App?
That one promised to solve the issue
I had not tested myself yet (the app released some days ago). I´m using an Ipad mini 2 too
2017-7-31
Use props
Wexter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

Have the latest DJI Go4 on iPad mini 2 and problem is still there
2017-8-2
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Here's the same problem. Inspire 2 + Ipad Mini 2 (all with the latest version - today 08/02/2017). {:4_142:}

After a few minutes of flight the image starts to lock and the message is displayed.
2017-8-2
Use props
The Shootist
lvl.1
United States

In the interest of having my concerns posted in the most visible thread on the subject, my brand new Inspire 1 version 2 purchased to help make money for me is  currently sitting idle not making money until the DJI Go 3 app is updated. Looking forward to a swift correction.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansb5c4095c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366348 ft
United States

fansf7f1ef8e Posted at 2017-7-31 19:31
But have you the LATEST DJI Go4 App?
That one promised to solve the issue
I had not tested myself yet (the app released some days ago). I´m using an Ipad mini 2 too

Yes, At the time it was the newest version. 4.1.4
2017-8-2
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

fansb5c4095c Posted at 2017-8-2 11:49
Yes, At the time it was the newest version. 4.1.4

Ouch...
So empty promise.
I think DJI should warn about this. Something like "updated functions, but ipad mini 2 will not be supported issues free from this"
Same issue here BUT we did not noticed major issues with the HDMI output. I got the message several times and app closed, but while I restarted the app (masterRC only) it kept feeding video
2017-8-2
Use props
mnd21
New
United States

I'm using Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera and have same problem with Ipad Mini 4 16 gb and Iphone 6s.  Never had a problem until the most recent updates last month.  Also, when using Maps Made Easy or Pix4D Capture, my gimbal spins to north and flips down before taking off instead of just flipping down.  Don't really know why it started doing this, but never did this once before updates to the camera, controller and app.  Anyone else had the problem with the gimbal spinning to north?  Frustrating.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans8147d69c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174275 ft
Hong Kong

Just switched on my iPad mini 3 running DJI 4 app, the tablet was NOT CONNECTED  to any controller and up came the warning message. All other apps on the tablet were closed and I am in an air conditioned office. What is going on ???
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules