9914 35 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tried everything I can think of!  Tried 2 different phones, went to the website (NFZ advanced unlock) did about a dozen unlock plans.  I am not in a red zone, I am about 2 streets inside a yellow zone (muni airport) and just wanted to fly my spark in the house living room.
I get prompted on take off that I am within a zone for muni airport, do you want to unlock? I say yes, followed by the usually 2 prompt check boxes (I am authorized and I take responsability).  When I hit "confirm", it states "Your aircraft and account are not permitted to unlock this authorization zone...."

As a side note:  My Mavic Pro DOES work just fine in the app and unlocks everytime...  I just don't get it.

2017-6-17
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4081 ft
United Kingdom

I just hit cancel and the spark started working... not sure if it has limited range because I didn't fly very far.
2017-6-18
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Timothy.martin8 Posted at 2017-6-18 01:24
I just hit cancel and the spark started working... not sure if it has limited range because I didn't fly very far.

I tried that. Won't work. The best I can do is start it up in gesture control. If I do it fast enough it will work before the GPS can lock in. Once it does though, I can't fly again after the first flight.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf4b25e56
New
United States

I have been going through the same problem.  Everywhere I read and video's that DJI has put out says that the yellow zone can be unlocked easily.
I emailed DJI and from what I read they are treating yellow like the red zone now?  

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

You still need apply for unlocking if you are located in yellow zone. Please follow the below method to make it.

With proper approval, we are happy to work with you to help enable your application. To unlock a restricted zone for your aircraft, please visit this link and submit an unlocking request.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock

GPS coordinates need to be entered manually with the required format at the Individual unlocking website.

Kindly note:
1. At present, DJI approves a maximum unlocking radius of 30 kilometers, for a maximum period of 3 months.
2. The serial number you entered during the unlocking process should be aircraft's flight controller's SN which can be found at DJI Go app's About page beginning with 0.
3. A form of Authorization and a form of Identification need to be uploaded at the website.

After you submit a request, please offer me its tracking number so we will unlock the aircraft in our server as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Flysafe Team丨安全飞行团队
Enjoy Flying, Safely
More safe flying tips at http://flysafe.dji.com/
Ellen

DJI Technical Support
2017-6-20
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Interesting..  I do have the fly more combo with controller..   This part caught my eye.

" The serial number you entered during the unlocking process should be aircraft's flight controller's SN which can be found at DJI Go app's About page beginning with 0."  I wonder if my unlocking plans aren't working because I have been using the Drone serial number and not the RC's?   Either way, this is good info on the issue.  
I've been using the advanced unlock to no avail.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

Thanks!  
2017-6-20
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansf4b25e56 Posted at 2017-6-20 05:24
I have been going through the same problem.  Everywhere I read and video's that DJI has put out says that the yellow zone can be unlocked easily.
I emailed DJI and from what I read they are treating yellow like the red zone now?  

I did something right apparently ;)  It appears that I can unlock using the Advanced unlock with the controller serial number (Not the Spark SN).  

I just got done flying around 2 full batteries worth!

Thanks
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, could you please PM us your DJI account email , SN of the drone and SN of the RC?  We'd like to check it. If it is possible, please shoot a short video about your unlock process, then send it to us. Thank you in advance.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

China

HI SteelTallon, did you use Flight Controller Serial number in advance unlocking?
2017-6-21
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI iOS Team Posted at 2017-6-21 19:55
HI SteelTallon, did you use Flight Controller Serial number in advance unlocking?

Yes I did and it works.  I just have to use the website,  and apply for an unlock every 3-4 days and then I can fly my spark around.

My Mavic Pro, I can do from the app.  But, the spark makes me apply using advanced unlock on dji.com .  As long as it works, I'm fine with it.

2017-6-29
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-21 05:16
Hi, could you please PM us your DJI account email , SN of the drone and SN of the RC?  We'd like to check it. If it is possible, please shoot a short video about your unlock process, then send it to us. Thank you in advance.

I do have a short video if you are still interested in seeing the process.
What email address and subject should I use to upload (40mb file)?

Otherwise, I have been using the website and controller SN to unlock every 3-4 days.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-6-29 13:36
I do have a short video if you are still interested in seeing the process.
What email address and subject should I use to upload (40mb file)?

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can upload the file to Dropbox and paste the link here. And then could you please PM us your DJI account email, SN of the drone and SN of the RC
2017-6-29
Use props
fans93e324ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32700 ft
United States

I had the same problem.  Tried everything. Spark will t
2017-6-29
Use props
fans93e324ba
lvl.2
United States

I had the same problem.  Tried everything. My Mavic works but not the Spark.  
2017-6-29
Use props
fans93e324ba
lvl.2
United States

2017-6-29
Use props
dan1203
New
Flight distance : 30 ft
France

I had the same problem with the spark and rc controller. (I am in a yellow zone and i could not test the spark indoor  as the spark receives gps info even indoor !)
As the mobile is connected to the rc controller with wifi. I do not have internet connection in DJI App and unlocking is not working.
To solve this issue, I have connected the mobile with an OTG USB cable to the rc controller and update the unlocking list in DJI App.
After this it works as expected even connected to spark wifi.
As the mavic is connected with usb, it do not have this issue. Dji app should be updated in order to take this into account for spark.
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

fans93e324ba Posted at 2017-6-29 19:29

Hi, did you try unlock on web site http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock ? You should input the flight controller serial number that can be found in the "About" menu. When you apply an fly zone to unlock, you should check it in the DJI GO 4 menu "Me/More/My Unlock NFZ Application".
2017-7-5
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just in case, you might have done this but if it says you can't take off due to NFZ, you have to actually try to take off (press the take off button and swipe) before it allows you to tick the boxes etc...
2017-7-6
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm still having this issue, and plan to upload the video and specifics.  I have been on vacation, and have not been able to complete the tasks.  I still have been unlocking my Spark every 4 - 5 days through advanced unlocking.
2017-7-31
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is BS..  why restrict everyone?  this will mostly only negatively impact law abiding people negatively.

right now endless count of easy firmware tweaks that can be done without even reflashing.. they use the DJi Assistant 2 application to mod values...   and one of the mods is called "disable NFZ restrictions" and "unlock all"  doesn't need to reflash the firmware just plug in the spark, open DJi assist, open the mod tool, check some boxes, save, close both, unplug and viola...  again...why bother?

only hurting law abiding citizens wanting to fly legally... and giving modders and hackers exactly what they want, a challenge and a business model to make money on defeating your roadblocks. and not even going to be slowing down someone wanting to do bad... if someone wants to break the law and fly next to a plane, they are going to find a way, regardless..
2017-7-31
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Last night,  I was able to unlock in the Go App4 ver 4.1.4 for the 1st time! Maybe my issue is resolved?!  I will monitor and see what happens.  But, it did work at least once.
2017-8-1
Use props
Babz
lvl.1
France

Same issue,i've done all but still stuck on the ground at home in a yellow zone,advanced unlocking doesn't work for me.
2017-8-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

if NFZ lock out bothers you but you aren't going to bother others with it just going to stay in your safe area, i suggest searching for a modded DJi go 4 app for phone/tablet or modded dji assistant 2 app for PC and enable no NFZ Lockout,.. or you can use a 3rd party tool to hook into the current non modded DJi assistant app, plug spark in, click on spark, and click unlock all in one of the 3rd party modding apps and that will flip the values for you....
2017-8-10
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-10 10:39
if NFZ lock out bothers you but you aren't going to bother others with it just going to stay in your safe area, i suggest searching for a modded DJi go 4 app for phone/tablet or modded dji assistant 2 app for PC and enable no NFZ Lockout,.. or you can use a 3rd party tool to hook into the current non modded DJi assistant app, plug spark in, click on spark, and click unlock all in one of the 3rd party modding apps and that will flip the values for you....

I was just watching videos on that subject.  Played with Assistant 2 and was able to see the values. But, I made no changes for the time being.

I am getting used to just unlocking via the website anyway.  

For the others, make sure you are using the controller serial number listed in the "about" on the app (that number may not be the drone serial number). I made that mistake at the beginning and it will not unlock via the website unless you use the right serial.  I am using the remote controller not virtual controls (might make a difference)
2017-8-10
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5443 ft
Germany

so if i don't have the RC (only controlling it with my smartphone) i can't unlock yellow NFZs ?
Because it does not work.

//using DJI Spark, controlled with my Smartphone.
///and can't unlock the yellow NFZ zones
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_h2W3c4V
New
United States

Hey Nijam219. I had the same problem. Connect to your drone and open the app and proceed like you're going to fly it. Then open the settings and go all the way down to where it says about. If you scroll down to the bottom, it'll have a different serial number than the one on your drone. Enter this serial number when applying to unlock a zone and you're good to go! Hope this helps!
2017-11-29
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-6-29 12:44
Yes I did and it works.  I just have to use the website,  and apply for an unlock every 3-4 days and then I can fly my spark around.

My Mavic Pro, I can do from the app.  But, the spark makes me apply using advanced unlock on dji.com .  As long as it works, I'm fine with it.

I have went to the unlock site and put in all the required information and verify by mobile number. Once I hit verify and receive the code via SMS, I input the code and it never works and I get an error saying the code is incorrect and it isn't. I'm in a yellow zone.
2017-12-6
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102454 ft
Germany

I think DJI currently has a few problems with the activation.
Yesterday I had to try half an hour (ten times) and then it suddenly worked!
Try it again and again...
2017-12-6
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

gkrause Posted at 2017-12-6 10:18

Should I even need a code from where I'm marked on the map?

2017-12-6
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

No, only in authorization zones, (red zones are forbidden). You are in a green zone, I think, you can fly, if all other conditions are right.
2017-12-6
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

THAT SUKS!
2017-12-6
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

gkrause Posted at 2017-12-6 10:18

You are correct!  I finally got an unlock after I kept trying, they need to fix that!!!!!!  Thank you, now I can fly!!!!
2017-12-6
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

2017-12-6
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Never download the NFZ list... Most of the issues of disconnection and fly aways are a matter related to NFZs ....
2017-12-7
Use props
sadssandiford13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi see my recent post about Go 4 and android problems.

I really hope your not using Android phone as DJI has confirmed that since 4.1.18 and removal of OTG, android users can no longer fly in an authorized NFZ, whether authorised or not!!!!!!

Without a way to connect to drone/rc and at the same time connect to the internet, your screwed!

Dear Brent,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
This is because android device can't use wifi and internet at the same time.
Do you have any friends have iphone device?
It won't have this problem. Thank you.

Best regards,
Flysafe Team丨安全飞行团队
Enjoy Flying, Safely
More safe flying tips at http://flysafe.dji.com/

Brent
2017-12-13
Use props
Total_Ju
New
France

My **¨%*¨

I've tried the procedures discribed hereover, ... none of them worked. Nothing in my NFZ application list, even if I received a confirmation from DJI that my request has been accepted..

Any other idea??
2018-8-1
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

go for nolimitdronez app(just google ) and de-activate whole nfz things, be smart when flying
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules