Gimbal Gyroscope error
4049 4 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd50e601e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25052 ft
Malaysia

I had a minor crash in the house when my Mavic hit a wall (despite object avoidance?).

now when I start my Mavic it says Gimbal Gyroscope error. It does start up properly and the gimbal does its usual spins and rotations, however ends with the camera pointing to the right.

When i try to do Gimbal Calibration in DJI Go 4 it starts with a green ribbon but then just doesn't give any further information.

when i try do do calibration in Assistant 2 on my Macbook air, it stops at 71% and says screen size error. I've entered everything between 9 to 13.5 inches but happens anyway.

Any suggestions how to re-align my Gimbal?

thanks
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on what's provided, there may be some internal issues with the aircraft or damage to the gimbal's ribbon cable that would require for you to send the unit in for service. Have you gotten in contact with Support about this?
2017-6-17
Use props
MavicBeginner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25052 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 22:17
Based on what's provided, there may be some internal issues with the aircraft or damage to the gimbal's ribbon cable that would require for you to send the unit in for service. Have you gotten in contact with Support about this?

Thanks for the prompt response. I've reached out to Support but they're only available during office hours. I saw on some forums that it may be the ribbon however there's no obvious damage to any of the ribbons. Here's my message to DJI Support:

Hi DJI,

Yesterday i tried my new Mavic in my house and it suddenly just drifted off and hit the wall without me touching the remote (i assumed the obstacle avoidance feature would protect me from this?).

Then I went outside and tried again, the drone was stable and hanging at around 30M suddenly it veered to the right and crashed into a wall (??) about 10M away.

Now when I start the Mavic, i get a message "Gimbal Gyroscope Error". The Gimbal does its usual flips and rotations but leaves the camera pointing to the right instead of the centre.

The Mavic flies without issues, video feed is fine and autofocus and zoom are fine.

However i cannot tilt the Gimbal and it's shaky.

I checked the ribbons and wires, rubber bands and gimbal plate, all seem OK and in the right position (the plate had jumped over one of the brackets but i pushed it back under it).

When i now try to Calibrate the Gimbal in DJI Go 4 app. it starts with a green banner saying "Gimbal Calibrating" then it disappears and never comes back.

When I try to Calibrate using Assistant 2 it stops at 71% and says "Calculation Error: Check the Screensize"

I don't know what to enter in the Screensize box (unit: inch), I've tried everything from 9 - 13.5 Inches and they all stop at 71% withthe same message.

do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

thanks
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MavicBeginner Posted at 2017-6-18 01:02
Thanks for the prompt response. I've reached out to Support but they're only available during office hours. I saw on some forums that it may be the ribbon however there's no obvious damage to any of the ribbons. Here's my message to DJI Support:

Hi DJI,

They would reply you soon, and will create a case for you if it is necessary to send the drone in for service.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans94f68c14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Yo tuve el error "Gimbal Gyroscope Error" en dos Phantom 3 Standard. Probé 4 flex no originales y ninguno funcionó en ninguno de los dos drones. Luego compré 2 flex originales dji y ambos drones funcionaron. Como profesional técnico de drones recomiendo usar sólo flex originales dji. No compren flex no originales.
Saludos desde Rosario, Argentina. mauriciocruzdrones.com
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules