X5 camera alignment
1004 7 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airwolf II
lvl.1
United States

hi, have a issue with my Inspire 1....running an X5 camera with the standard 15mm lens or the 14-42. Yesterday she would not center up....camera on start up would align to one o'clock. Tried resetting still snaps to 1 o'clock....can't really find a lot about this...any help would be great. Tracy
2017-6-18
Use props
jwstone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39459 ft
United States

I have had a similar issue with my P4P+ since new out of box, except it aligns at 11 o'clock.  Haven't found much on it either.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The camera still tilts after self-calibration and auto calibration in Gimbal Setting, right? What's the version of your X5 camera? Have you did something special before this issue comes out?
2017-6-19
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire 2 with X5s does the same, and slowly drifts too.
2017-6-19
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-19 06:55
My Inspire 2 with X5s does the same, and slowly drifts too.

My X5 also drifts ever so slightly and after it does it's dance on boot up i always looks just a little to the right
2017-6-20
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-6-20 20:14
My X5 also drifts ever so slightly and after it does it's dance on boot up i always looks just a little to the right

My x3 camera is always a little off as well. I don't find it annoying, you wind up moving the camera in flight anyway. I have read many people claiming their cameras are a little off center, maybe it's by design.
2017-7-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The slight yaw drift that occurs if the craft is stationary is 'normal'. Left alone for a longer time, a small random oscillation around centre can be observed*. It does not occur to any noticeable degree if the craft is in motion. This is a result of 'noise' in estimating orientation when the IMU is not moved.

*This is why these cameras cannot be used for extended stationary time lapse shots.

A fixed offset from the long axis of the aircraft immediately after boot up is not normal and one should calibrate the gimbal (not IMU) to see if this disappears. If not, consider sending the craft in.
2017-7-7
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-7-7 20:50
The slight yaw drift that occurs if the craft is stationary is 'normal'. Left alone for a longer time, a small random oscillation around centre can be observed*. It does not occur to any noticeable degree if the craft is in motion. This is a result of 'noise' in estimating orientation when the IMU is not moved.

*This is why these cameras cannot be used for extended stationary time lapse shots.

I sent three Inspire aircraft back before I got a working one, and they all had the camera off center, just a bit, including the one I have now. It doesn't bother me, as you can manually adjust it anyway.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules