Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to change video link from 5.8ghz to 2.4ghz?
12Next >
38479 54 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I lost all video at about 500ft last night on 5.8ghz so I want to try 2.4ghz.

When I start the Spark up, it's set to 5.8 so I click on 2.4 and channel mode changes to 2.4, click apply, come out of that screen and it's still on 5.8.. So I go back, click on 2.4 and then select a channel at which point a warning pops up about restarting wifi (makes sense) so the video screen freezes and goes B&W. The controller maintains a connection to the Spark so I wait for the wifi to come back but the RC has disappeared from the phone and doesn't return. So I restart the controller and the Spark, wifi starts up, everything connects ok but it's still on 5.8ghz.

I am a little confused why changing the RC - Spark video channel requires a reboot of the controller wifi as surely the link is between the RC and Spark not the phone..

What am I doing wrong, please? This is doing my head in as I don't want to fly it and lose video..

Thanks.

Incidentally apart from this, I'm loving my Spark..
2017-6-18
Use props
fansfa5741ad
lvl.2
Germany

I have the same issue, The wifi setting and "enable gesture " not saved.
2017-6-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry, but I am not able to understand this post. I only have the 2.4gig channels available when connected to my Spark (using the controller). It is locked in Auto mode and no user adjustments at all.

I have not flown using my mobile device only yet, but I have connected it using the mobile Wi-Fi code just to see if it works.

Edit: I have both 2.4 and 5.8 on my iOS now and it comes up 5.8G by default. You can choose to change to other frequency's after the Spark has connected. but it reverts back the next use.

Rich
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Peterev, you did nothing wrong!  I had exactly same experience like yours, 2.4Ghz is not possible to select at ALL.  It is SO SO disappointed even with RC connection Spark flied 100meters and RTH!  Holy cloud, at one point I think this is the Parrot Bebop I flied years ago.
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Peterev, you did nothing wrong!  I had exactly same experience like yours, 2.4Ghz is not possible to select at ALL.  It is SO SO disappointed even with RC connection Spark flied 100meters and RTH!  Holy cloud, at one point I think this is the Parrot Bebop I flied years ago.
2017-6-18
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

in the UK im pretty sure 2.4 isn't available! thats why you can't change it. something to do with the strict drone laws i think.
2017-6-19
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

I have seen it in the UK. There seems to be little control over this at the moment whereby the Spark likes to change it's wifi settings regardless of what the user wants.
2017-6-19
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

check out this forum! http://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's pretty crap isn't it.. So not only do we get a severly restricted controller range, the video is too.

I'm going to try connecting via a otg cable this evening, this is supposed to help.

RichJ53, I've attached a photo of the screen where it shows me connected on 5.8. Are you in the UK?

Wifi screen

Wifi screen
2017-6-19
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

fansfa5741ad Posted at 2017-6-18 11:45
I have the same issue, The wifi setting and "enable gesture " not saved.

I had to turn on the "fly backwards" and did a palm launch before disconnecting from the phone fixed this particular issue for me (probably not both, but one or the other).  Now it will gesture control without a phone connection right after self check.
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strangely, with OTG cable connected, there's a different option under wifi in Go4, even the wifi logo is now HD not the wifi symbol. There are zero options in there now too, it just shows you 5.8ghz channel strength indicator. Will try the OTG a little later.

Anyway, this was my first shot with the Spark on Saturday, not too shabby really..
DJI_0033.jpg
2017-6-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-19 02:42
in the UK im pretty sure 2.4 isn't available! thats why you can't change it. something to do with the strict drone laws i think.

2.4 is for use with smart phone 5.8 is for controller
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I tried the OTG cable connection, turned wifi off on the tablet and I couldn't further than 90m before serious loss of video signal. No loss of control, it never has had loss of control. I had another chat with DJI CS and they suggested I do the 6 second wifi reset. I will try that but I don't hold out any hope. I calibrated the IMU, compass and controller before this evening's flight (as instructed by DJI CS) and it made no difference.

I'm thinking of selling it or returning it now which is a great shame.

From this evening:
Spark3.jpg
2017-6-19
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Make sure you turn off Bluetooth on your phone! Seems to be playing havoc with the signal quality.
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately Bluetooth wasn't turned on when I tried this yesterday. Last try this evening with the rest wifi connection.
2017-6-20
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-19 07:06
2.4 is for use with smart phone 5.8 is for controller

Not so, 2.4 and 5.8 can both be used for video but there appears not to be any way of selecting which one is used, at the moment anyway..
2017-6-20
Use props
fansac15e925
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have your same identical issue. I have tried everything. I switched Spark's wifi to 2,4ghz while connected to my mobile. Then I connected the remote but the connection switched automatically to 5,8ghz. I have tried many times, with the remote connected, to switch from 2,4 to 5,8 but the rc wifi does not restart as you said. So I have to reboot the remote and when it comes back online it's again 5,8...
2017-7-4
Use props
djiuser_86XaD0K
New

Spain

Same issue here! I reset the WIFI settings, then I can connect through 2.4 ghz, but when I turn off and on again the drone it only allows to connect through 5.8ghz, and my smartphone doesn't have that frequency available. Pretty sad
2017-7-11
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only way to get 2.4ghz to stick is to link the phone/tablet by wifi first, go to settings, select 2.4ghz and a suitable channel, apply that but don't click on restart wifi. Turn wifi off at this point and then connect using an OTG cable and you'll find 2.4ghz stays as the frequency. 2.4 is much better for me but it appears that may vary depending upon where you and what's in your local environment..
2017-7-12
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
United States

So that would be link the phone/tablet to the RC's WiFi ?
2017-7-18
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Webdrone Posted at 2017-7-18 06:16
So that would be link the phone/tablet to the RC's WiFi ?

Indeed, yes..

https://sparkpilots.zone/threads ... 67/page-2#post-3373
2017-7-19
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi guys,

I would like to try the change settings in WIFI mode and then switch to OTG thing, BUT: when in WIFI-connection, the app doesn't even ask me to reconnect WIFI or anything. I can choose 2.4, I can hit APPLY and there is nothing happening. Leaving and re-entering settings shows me: 5.8GHz... and now what...?
2017-8-4
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

As my OTG-cable only arrives tomorrow: is it not possible to adjust the WIFI-settings, while already connected via OTG?
2017-8-4
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-4 07:16
Hi guys,

I would like to try the change settings in WIFI mode and then switch to OTG thing, BUT: when in WIFI-connection, the app doesn't even ask me to reconnect WIFI or anything. I can choose 2.4, I can hit APPLY and there is nothing happening. Leaving and re-entering settings shows me: 5.8GHz... and now what...?

You have to select a channel before hitting apply..
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Peterev Posted at 2017-8-7 03:41
You have to select a channel before hitting apply..

It's strange that you have to select a channel, maybe someone can explain this, because even when you select a channel it continues to channel hop, so really you should be just able to select 2.4ghz push the button and that's it. Or am I missing something.
2017-8-7
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Nigeria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-7 04:14
It's strange that you have to select a channel, maybe someone can explain this, because even when you select a channel it continues to channel hop, so really you should be just able to select 2.4ghz push the button and that's it. Or am I missing something.

No, you have to select a channel... assume will remain on that channel, same as you can force a wifi router to use specific channel
2017-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

roberteb Posted at 2017-8-7 04:51
No, you have to select a channel... assume will remain on that channel, same as you can force a wifi router to use specific channel

Yes I understand that, but when I check after selecting I can see it Chanel hopping, the same way as it does with my Mavic.
2017-8-7
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

same here 2.4 does not work am in usa
2017-8-7
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange.. This is how it works for me (when I use it). Select 2.4ghz, select channel at which a message pops up to say that wifi will be re-started, click yes, then click confirm then turn wifi off on your tablet/phone BEFORE then connecting your otg cable and you should be on 2.4ghz.

You might be asked for permission for Go4 to connect by USB, click 'of course'!
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

with everything connected tablet/phone via OTG with RC and the phone's/tablet's wifi is off, i suggest performing a spark/RC relinking.. press the button on battery of the spark -  hold it till you get first beep, let go then on RC press and hold Pause + FN + C1 until it rapidly beeps at you a few times..  with RC and phone/tablet connected on OTG only it should only disconnect from the aircraft not the RC while it searches for new signals.. the two will link after scanning together briefly for best channels..  once linked remote will shut up and you should have clean picture on screen right away if it isn't clear right away try relinking again holding your spark up in the air after establishing relinking so it can catch more stray signals to avoid...  

i found in congested wifi zones or anytime you change locations doing a relinking seems to work best in combination with OTG.  spark is supposed to do this on its own, however it is likely maybe the RC is stuck on old channels from first linking up causing the spark to be forced to roll back to that even if its less than ideal..

2017-8-7
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Okay. Got my OTG-cable, switched WIFI to 2.4GHz, selected a channel, hit "okay", deaktivated wifi, switched to cable, voila! It works!! First range test: 600m EASY (that's CE-regulated Germany!)
2017-8-9
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it's a good fix isn't it.

I am astonished that DJI haven't released an update to make this process easier, I can see no reason why they would have an issue doing so or why it would be difficult for them to do so, very disappointing in my opinion. Why not add functionaility that doesn't prejudice anything, it will only make the product much safer to use.
2017-8-11
Use props
Spyder
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Peterev - I have exactly the same issue as you, 1 day old Spark in UK.

DJI really should sort their act out with this - can find nothing in the advertising that says 2.4g not for UK.

I suppose I better order an OTG cable - Samsung S7 edge here fully updated.

Cheers
2017-8-11
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-9 10:16
Okay. Got my OTG-cable, switched WIFI to 2.4GHz, selected a channel, hit "okay", deaktivated wifi, switched to cable, voila! It works!! First range test: 600m EASY (that's CE-regulated Germany!)

Hallo. Please how you switch the cable after deactivate wifi?
2017-8-11
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi lumidair,

when your phone supports OTG and the cable is really an OTG-cable (I got the wrong one at first, somehow...) you just plug in the cable into your phone and the remote and the app should recognize it and allow you to go into fly-mode.
2017-8-13
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

I can select and fly with both bands here in Norway. But it defaults to 5,8 the next power on
2017-8-13
Use props
djiuser_EoeTpZd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16818 ft
Germany

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-13 22:09
Hi lumidair,

when your phone supports OTG and the cable is really an OTG-cable (I got the wrong one at first, somehow...) you just plug in the cable into your phone and the remote and the app should recognize it and allow you to go into fly-mode.

Hello, Im also in Germany and can't fly more then 60m distance  and 45m altitude with the RC .
Flying with the  OTG cable  can you get it to 100m altitude ?  thanks
2017-8-13
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EoeTpZd Posted at 2017-8-13 23:13
Hello, Im also in Germany and can't fly more then 60m distance  and 45m altitude with the RC .
Flying with the  OTG cable  can you get it to 100m altitude ?  thanks

Are you using a remote or just your phone? Because, without the remote the range is basically my front yard...
2017-8-13
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

TheFlyingDutchm Posted at 2017-8-13 22:45
I can select and fly with both bands here in Norway. But it defaults to 5,8 the next power on

jupp... have to do it every time... quite annoying, that.
2017-8-13
Use props
Seidls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144514 ft
Germany

Here the same in Germany, can't switch to 2,4ghz with my android. DJI recommend not to use otg, but there is no other way to use 2,4ghz with android.

DJI please give us an answer if it's possible to change that with an update in the near future!!!

Thanks....
2017-8-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules