Nacelle switches off in flight and worse...
884 5 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1d9d2179
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2908612 ft
France

After 1 minute to 5 minutes of flight the video footage from the mavic disappears: complete black-out, all parameters related to the camera settings on DJI App show 'N/A'. The yellow line on the map showing the direction to home disappears. The maximum altitude (previously set to 500 m) is showing '0', the RTH altitude (previously set to 50 m) shows '0', the obstacle avoidance option (previously activated) is deactivated...
Happenned several times, none resulting in aircraft hardware damage.
Software is up to date according to the app. The aircraft has never had a crash or even a hard landing, not even a blade scratch. Cannot get rid of this problem in spite of multiple reboot in various orders of aircraft, radiocommand, DJI App...
I thought it was a problem of cache memory, but incresed the size to 4 GB, activated "auto clear" of the cache. No improvement.

Eric P.

2017-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you set parameters when Aircraft was started, also some parameters change when you upgrade firmware.
2017-6-18
Use props
eagle___77
lvl.1
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-18 10:16
Did you set parameters when Aircraft was started, also some parameters change when you upgrade firmware.

I know that certain critical parameters such as RTH altitude are reset to standard values (30 m) after some software updrades. But in this case I reset the parameters before t/o.

EP
2017-6-18
Use props
eagle___77
lvl.1
France

Additional information: when the problem ocurs, the battery info is lost as well.
2017-6-18
Use props
HeadOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903835 ft
United States

eagle___77 Posted at 2017-6-18 11:28
Additional information: when the problem ocurs, the battery info is lost as well.

I believe what you are seeing is a symptom of losing connection to the aircraft telemetry (you might still get video).  I've seen this before when I had a disconnect due to a loose cable plugged into my phone.  Those values are nulling out and not sticking when you try and update them because the app isn't actually talking to the drone to be able to read or write those values.

Hope that helps and that it is an easy fix of a loose or bad cable (or dirt or lint in your USB or Lightning port you are plugging into on your phone.
Also you might search YouTube for a video that ChadRC posted on Mavic disconnects sometime in the last day or so.   I believe he goes into several more steps you can try to resolve this issue.

2017-6-18
Use props
eagle___77
lvl.1
France

I believe you are right, I changed my phone to an Iphone7 plus and it might be more prone to disconnect: when the phone is solidly set in the rubber jaws the lightning plug is slightly tilted downwards and the phone may not like it. I did a ground test for half an hour without disconnection having set the phone rather loosely in the jaws, this is counterintuitive. I also saw another post of crash resulting from disconnection with an IPhone 7 Plus.
Need more testing and flying to confirm the root cause.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules