Drowned Drone Given To me
1080 7 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49cfe005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I had a Drowned Drone given to me. It was on bottom of thje River for a couple months thay say. It should be dried out by now. I put a battery in it that I have and it doesn't do anything. Wondering if there is a fuse possibly to reset the power? The lens is dirty on the inside so need to take the lens off of camera. I watched a tutorial on how to take it out. Any Suggestions for reparing this unit my self. Where to start?
Thanks
I used my phanotm 3 batteries to try to power it. It says Phantom Professional on front and 4K on camera. Not sure if its a Phantom 3 or not but the battery fits.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aircraft from DJI is not water-proof. We don't suggest you to reuse this drone which has been dropped into water for a couple of months. The main board may be rusty seriously and there is many potential threats and problems may exist. You are not suggested to fly it again on the safe side.
2017-6-18
Use props
thunderdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356496 ft
United States

Maybe you can make use of the plastic parts on another crashed drone or just take it all apart to understand what is inside better?
2017-6-19
Use props
fans49cfe005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-18 20:10
Aircraft from DJI is not water-proof. We don't suggest you to reuse this drone which has been dropped into water for a couple of months. The main board may be rusty seriously and there is many potential threats and problems may exist. You are not suggested to fly it again on the safe side.

Thank You just been using it for a model to see how it works. I have a problem now with my Standard 3 4K it wouldn't turn on. I hard booted it holding C1 Iris and power buttons and it came on but wouldn't run off then. Lol Then my standard 3 remote 2.7 k won't turn lights on now when I tried to connect it to my standard 4K. Any suggestions out of all the problems
2017-11-5
Use props
fans49cfe005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

thunderdan Posted at 2017-6-19 09:39
Maybe you can make use of the plastic parts on another crashed drone or just take it all apart to understand what is inside better?

Thank you sorry to be so long. I have other problems besides the free drone from the river. I have two Standard 3, a 4k and a 2.7K drones. both remotes are acting up. I tried to hook up my 4K drone to the Standard drone and now it won't show lights but the phone reads it wifi?????? Couldn't find any questions if a standard remote will work with a 4K
2017-11-5
Use props
McCoy
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-18 20:10
Aircraft from DJI is not water-proof. We don't suggest you to reuse this drone which has been dropped into water for a couple of months. The main board may be rusty seriously and there is many potential threats and problems may exist. You are not suggested to fly it again on the safe side.

Thank You I am using it as a model it gets more attention on the desk than in the air.
2018-5-7
Use props
McCoy
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

thunderdan Posted at 2017-6-19 09:39
Maybe you can make use of the plastic parts on another crashed drone or just take it all apart to understand what is inside better?

Thank You great idea.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

McCoy Posted at 2018-5-7 16:34
Thank You I am using it as a model it gets more attention on the desk than in the air.

Well, please let us know if there is any further issue. We are always here to help.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules