Mavic Gimbal Don't Work
2638 6 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans01608e1b
New
Portugal

The gimbal of my DJI MAVIC Stopped working after a hard landing.
Apparently everything is in place, the camera works well, but does not make any rotation, gimbal does not work.
I already tried the calibrations, but it did not solve anything.

Can someone help me with this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thank you
2017-6-18
Use props
MavicBeginner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25052 ft
Malaysia

From checking other forum threads it seems your gimbal ribbon wire may be disconnected/damaged. Do you get a message that says Gimbal gyroscope error?
2017-6-18
Use props
fans01608e1b
New
Portugal

MavicBeginner Posted at 2017-6-18 21:08
From checking other forum threads it seems your gimbal ribbon wire may be disconnected/damaged. Do you get a message that says Gimbal gyroscope error?

Thanks.
I have a message "gimbal obstructed", but when I turn the drone on, the gimbal does not make any movement.
Do you think gimbal can be disconnected? Is it a simple thing to solve by opening the drone?
2017-6-18
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

it's not that simple. there are a lot of videos on youtube about it. if you have dji care, you should use it.
i have the same issue and ordered a third party replacement cable (like 15$) and will try to repair it myself, as there is no dji care in my country. and the damage is not big enough to give it to my insurance. i know i will void my warrenty. but if i fail i can still send it in for repair or give it to some drone doctor to fix it or just buy a new one.
2017-6-19
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

this is basically where it usually breaks after some "hard landings".
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are so sorry for the damage of the drone , I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-6-19
Use props
fans01608e1b
New
Portugal

Thank you for your help.
The official repairmen told me that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the diagnosis and repair. I decided to open the drone to see what's going on. I confirmed that the flat cable connecting to Gimbal is broken.
All the "official" suppliers I contacted told me that they did not sell this cable separately, had to get the complete gimbal with the camera.
I bought a cable on ebay, let's see if I can make the switch and if everything is working in conditions.
Thank you very much.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules