Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dronie altitude
12Next >
7854 59 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans673382c9
lvl.1
United States

Is the spark dronie quickshot mode supposed to gain altitude as it pulls away? Ive used it a few times and it only flies backwards. There ia a setting for ths distance, but dont see one for height, am i missing it?
2017-6-18
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Yes, it is suppose to ascend as well as fly backwards.  I won't have mine until Wednesday so I can't confirm yet.
2017-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's right up and away for dronie.
2017-6-18
Use props
Mariosoft
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem with mine I thought I was the only one having this problem.
2017-6-18
Use props
SKOne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154944 ft
United States

I agree, I do see the same problem, it flies back but doesn't gain altitude right away...
2017-6-18
Use props
Reinaldonormand
lvl.1

United States

My recently lost drone had the same problem.
2017-6-18
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work right.
2017-6-18
Use props
Scott7161
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've found that it doesn't raise up either.  Also the helix mode doesn't work for me.  It keeps losing me from the frame.  I'm sure they'll fix these things.  We're beta testing the new device right now.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Actually speaking, it flies backwards firstly then gain altitude, please keep an eye on the APP screen and check whether the height has been changed during the process, if no, please sync your flight records via APP then PM me your account (e-mail address), we'll help you check it.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansdb25e134
lvl.1
Canada

Had the same problem, i thought i will gain altitude do didn't consider a wooden fence an obstacle which was about 20 meters away, but it didn't gain any altitude and crashed rite into it.  broke one prop
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdb25e134 Posted at 2017-6-23 09:53
Had the same problem, i thought i will gain altitude do didn't consider a wooden fence an obstacle which was about 20 meters away, but it didn't gain any altitude and crashed rite into it.  broke one prop

Was the fence in front of the drone?
2017-6-23
Use props
fansdb25e134
lvl.1
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-23 10:57
Was the fence in front of the drone?

No it was at the back, in dronie it shld have gained enough altitude by the time it reached the fence to go over it. but its not gaining altitude at all.
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdb25e134 Posted at 2017-6-23 14:13
No it was at the back, in dronie it shld have gained enough altitude by the time it reached the fence to go over it. but its not gaining altitude at all.

I had only asked that question because I thought that you were eluding to OA in the rear of the Spark, which it does not have.
2017-6-23
Use props
the spark of li
lvl.1
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-23 14:54
I had only asked that question because I thought that you were eluding to OA in the rear of the Spark, which it does not have.

yea i am aware that spark have no OA at the back.
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

From a few i am one who dronie works.
2017-6-23
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4081 ft
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-23 15:12
From a few i am one who dronie works.DRONIE

What distance do you have dronie set to?
2017-6-23
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

i don't have a clue but from i see in the video its short like 25m
2017-6-24
Use props
marcloig
lvl.1
Spain

it happens the same to me.

and helix its crazy.

im so upset whit it
2017-6-24
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

So spark is also not gaining altitude while flying backward in dronie mode. Also in helix mode it drifts away from subject. Rocket and circle seems to work fine. I am going back and forth with dji support ( chat ) and they first told me to reinstall the app (dji go 4) on my note 4 and refresh the firmware (v01.00.0400) . So i did that and tried Dronie again. But it still didnt work. Again had a chat session with dji support. This time they told e to do compass calibration and IMU calibration and then again refresh the Firmware (v01.00.0400) and reinstall the app. So i did all that but still spark is not gaining altitude in Dronie. I have no idea what to do about that.
2017-6-25
Use props
Timothy.martin8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4081 ft
United Kingdom

Could it be working but the distance/height ratio is low?

20170625_154045.jpg
2017-6-25
Use props
J Beaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

Same issue, flies back but doesn't gain altitude.  CS chat told me that Android 7.0 isn't supported and that is why it wasn't working.  Sounds like CS just picks an excuse (wrong version, reinstall, update, whatever) and they don't really have any solution yet.  
2017-6-25
Use props
fans4539941b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44101 ft
United States

Guys,
In order to gain altitud while doing dronie, you have to adjust the camera angle  first,  please try and let me know
2017-6-25
Use props
fans4539941b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44101 ft
United States

You need to adjust the camera angle first , to make it gain altitude
2017-6-25
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

fans4539941b Posted at 2017-6-25 13:13
You need to adjust the camera angle first , to make it gain altitude

Adjust the camera angel ?? up down ?  Flying high looking down ?
2017-6-25
Use props
fans3c3673db
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  The camera angle is set when you draw the box around the subject.  I takeoff and get the drone about 45 degree angle up to me.  I build the box around me, select Dronie, and hit GO.  It goes backwards okay.  It never climbs.  It is supposed to also travel the set distance and climb, then stop recording and return.  I set 20 meters and it went way past that, never climbing, never returning.  Administrator, you need to pass this up channel...there are a lot of us having this problem.  I sent an email and DJI response was to change SD card (I'm using a recommended one) and refresh the Spark firmware (which I've done several times).
2017-6-25
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

J Beaker Posted at 2017-6-25 06:57
Same issue, flies back but doesn't gain altitude.  CS chat told me that Android 7.0 isn't supported and that is why it wasn't working.  Sounds like CS just picks an excuse (wrong version, reinstall, update, whatever) and they don't really have any solution yet.

Hi, since you are using Android, my thread might help you. I am using android phone 7.0 (Nexus 6) as well, and had exactly the same issue to you until I change my phone resolution.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101350-1-1.html
I had no issues with Spark since then.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-6-25 05:54
So spark is also not gaining altitude while flying backward in dronie mode. Also in helix mode it drifts away from subject. Rocket and circle seems to work fine. I am going back and forth with dji support ( chat ) and they first told me to reinstall the app (dji go 4) on my note 4 and refresh the firmware (v01.00.0400) . So i did that and tried Dronie again. But it still didnt work. Again had a chat session with dji support. This time they told e to do compass calibration and IMU calibration and then again refresh the Firmware (v01.00.0400) and reinstall the app. So i did all that but still spark is not gaining altitude in Dronie. I have no idea what to do about that.

So sorry to hear about the issue you are faced with, please ensure the drone is flying more than 2 meters above the ground, then try the dronie mode again , see if it works. If it is still the same, please export the black box data for analysis, thank you in adavance.
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Black box" in the left side, you could save it to local.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

J Beaker Posted at 2017-6-25 06:57

Sorry for that , J Beaker , please ensure the drone is flying more than 2 meters above the ground , then try the dronie mode again, if it is still the same, please export the data for further analysis, as Thor mentioned. Thor replied your another post.
2017-6-25
Use props
letsfly
lvl.1
United States

This mode does not work for me as well.  Only flies backwards.  Since this is a common theme among many there clearly is an issue and all should be warned about this mode.  Tried multiple times and just only backwards. Spiral mode result is scarier.  Until they work these issues out I will not use if any obstacles are around and instead pull out my karam for such shots.  The active track works great and love that mode on the spark.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

letsfly Posted at 2017-6-26 13:29
This mode does not work for me as well.  Only flies backwards.  Since this is a common theme among many there clearly is an issue and all should be warned about this mode.  Tried multiple times and just only backwards. Spiral mode result is scarier.  Until they work these issues out I will not use if any obstacles are around and instead pull out my karam for such shots.  The active track works great and love that mode on the spark.

Sorry to hear that , please ensure the drone is flying more than 2 meters above the ground, then try the dronie mode again. If you could provide us the black box data and flight log, we'd like to look into it. You can export the black box and flight log via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-6-27
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-25 23:05
So sorry to hear about the issue you are faced with, please ensure the drone is flying more than 2 meters above the ground, then try the dronie mode again , see if it works. If it is still the same, please export the black box data for analysis, thank you in adavance.
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Black box" in the left side, you could save it to local.

Hi Dji Diana, following is the link to black box file of my spark. please leme know if this is the one i need to submit.  Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4hbnc ... kboxExport.rar?dl=0
2017-6-27
Use props
fans3c3673db
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... W8/view?usp=sharing   My Dronie fail....
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-6-27 21:42
Hi Dji Diana, following is the link to black box file of my spark. please leme know if this is the one i need to submit.  Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4hbncwziiw4xjg/SparkBlackboxExport.rar?dl=0

Thank you so much, Randhawa, this is the black box data, could you please also provide us the flight log? Click on "Data Upload", you could save the flight log to local, thank you in advance.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-27 21:51
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVAGIb_jnfRSGlwdURRSjVQOW8/view?usp=sharing   My Dronie fail....

Thank you, this is the black box data, could you please also provide us the flight log? Click on "Data Upload", you could save the flight log to local, thank you in advance!
2017-6-28
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-25 15:12
I have the same problem.  The camera angle is set when you draw the box around the subject.  I takeoff and get the drone about 45 degree angle up to me.  I build the box around me, select Dronie, and hit GO.  It goes backwards okay.  It never climbs.  It is supposed to also travel the set distance and climb, then stop recording and return.  I set 20 meters and it went way past that, never climbing, never returning.  Administrator, you need to pass this up channel...there are a lot of us having this problem.  I sent an email and DJI response was to change SD card (I'm using a recommended one) and refresh the Spark firmware (which I've done several times).

same issue here.  Helix not working as mentioned in other comments and circle loses subject after 3/4 complete.
2017-6-28
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-28 00:20
Thank you so much, Randhawa, this is the black box data, could you please also provide us the flight log? Click on "Data Upload", you could save the flight log to local, thank you in advance.

Here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc0n2l ... 7_22-32-21.DAT?dl=0
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-6-28 21:20
Here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc0n2l7g05fwzlx/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-27_22-32-21.DAT?dl=0

I've transferred it to our engineers , they are looking into it now, will let you know once we heard from them. Thanks again for your info.
2017-6-29
Use props
J Beaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 19:42
I've transferred it to our engineers , they are looking into it now, will let you know once we heard from them. Thanks again for your info.

2 days ago and no response, is there any solution to this issue yet?
2017-7-1
Use props
fans26057625
New
Flight distance : 2195 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, however i've "fixed" it by flashing the previous 01.00.0300 using dji assistant 2.

i've lost the ability to set an height when doing dronie, but it does work better. i've tested this by downgrading, the doing a dronie video, upgrading through the dji go app and doing another dronie video - after the update the drone would acscend very slowly...
2017-7-1
Use props
Hioctane Cyrus
First Officer
Flight distance : 45289 ft
United Kingdom

My Spark is suffering from the same problem. I only got it 2 days ago. When initiating the Dronie Quickshot the Spark just flies backwards and does gain any altitude.
Come on DJI sort it out! The Quickshots are one of its key features/selling points!
2017-7-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules