820 4 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dimgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315958 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused regarding the compass calibration.

Do I have to calibrate the compass on every flight? I found different answers to this question. Currently I'm only calibrating the compass if the DJI GO App is telling me to do so. How are you proceed with the calibration?

Also, if you are calibration the compass every flight: Do you calibrate the compass after changing the battery? (it's also a "new" flight, right?!)

Cheers!
2017-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's not confusing, you don't need to calibrate your compass every flight, in fact you never need to calibrate your compass , unless you are prompted to, and it clearly tells you this in your manual.

This calibrate your compass is a myth, it came out of manuals printed for much earlier models and mostly because of misleading English in the way they were written. You also don't need to calibrate you compass if you travel distance not 50 miles not 100 miles not 1000 miles, all of this is a myth stick with what is says in your manual and instructions you receive from your app and you will be fine.
2017-6-19
Use props
dimgo
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks, then I'm fine with my procedure.
2017-6-19
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I received my replacement aircraft from the California repair facility and I never calibrated the compass and it flies perfectly fine. As hallmark stated, I do not calibrate unless prompted to and it never has asked me to calibrate. I have taken my aircraft across the country and still never calibrated and it flew fine.
2017-6-19
Use props
dimgo
lvl.2
Germany

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-6-19 06:29
I received my replacement aircraft from the California repair facility and I never calibrated the compass and it flies perfectly fine. As hallmark stated, I do not calibrate unless prompted to and it never has asked me to calibrate. I have taken my aircraft across the country and still never calibrated and it flew fine.

Great, thanks! :-)
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules