Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Micro SD Cards
1643 13 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scottish Mav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7116 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I know that the Mavic can take a 64gb sd card, but the problem im having is that when i put it in the slot and try to format it, it comes up and says that the format was succesful but then the app tells me theres a problem with the sd card or "sd card error" , the sd card has XC on it and the original has HC on it do I need to buy a 64gb HC or is there a work around for this ? Its a Kingston card does this make any difference ?

Thank you

2017-6-19
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

There is list of the memory cards that work with the Mavic in here.
2017-6-19
Use props
Scottish Mav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7116 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Blue Dragon..

That link was just what I needed ... appreciate the reply.. Thanks
2017-6-19
Use props
Dr. Falken
New
Flight distance : 88553 ft
United States

MicroSD cards typically come preformatted based on the size of the card.  64GB and higher are typically formatted as EXFAT (similar to NTFS), but cards sold at 32GB or less are typically formatted FAT32 .
2017-6-19
Use props
Dr. Falken
New
Flight distance : 88553 ft
United States

MicroSD cards typically come preformatted based on the size of the card.  64GB and higher are typically formatted as EXFAT (similar to NTFS), but cards sold at 32GB or less are typically formatted FAT32 . However, it is possible to format a MicroSD card as FAT32 with higher capacity - the drawback is that each file "locks up" a large amount of space.  A 128GB card can take 1MB per file, regardless of how much information under 1MB is in the file.  It "rounds up".  Windows makes it difficult to format a large capacity card as FAT32, but Mac and Linux can both do this (use the filesystem called "vfat" to do this).  In Windows Vista and Windows 7, go to > Start, type > Run in the search field, and launch it. Type > cmd into the text field and click > OK. Enter the following command at the prompt:format /FS:FAT32 X: Replace the letter X with the drive letter for the external device you wish to format and hit > Enter.   My Mavic PRO is currently rocking a 128GB MicroSD card.
2017-6-19
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Have a question about SanDisk Extreme 400GB V30 U with 3 inside the u.  A2, will it work in a Dji Mini2 with latest firmware and software?
All help appreciated.
2021-9-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
United States

Scottish Mav, thank you for posting that, and it was of some help, however for SD it only listed up to 64GB,  I am currently using a 128gb
SD card and it is working very well, but wanted to try the 400gb SD card, and thought I would check here first.  Think I'll just pop it in, and try to format it.
Will report back here.
     Thank you again for your help.
2021-9-18
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
United States

SD 400GB memory card:
     I put it into the Dji Mini 2 slot, closed the door, put a battery in the Mini 2,  connected the remote control  (after I turned things on - of course
The card showed 38?GB, I didn't want to take the chance that things may go wrong later, so I told it to format the SD card.  It formatted it nicely,
and came up with the same numbers.  I took it all outside, flew the Mini2, while recording video for a little over two minutes.  Then watched the video and ALL went splendidly, I am happy to say.
     Here is ALL the information from the SD card:  "SanDisk Extreme 400GB  micro sd  V30 XC (just after the letters XC is the upper-case i) I
(U with a 3 inside it) A2"
     Sorry, I do not do photos here, at this time.
Let me say this, this meens that in that little craft is the ability to store more than a computer hard drive in the 1990's that I paid $400.00 for.
Have things changed -  YOU BET!
**Edited:09/26/2021 09:24 hours Pacific Daylight Savings Time.
     The Firmware in the craft is "  01.03.0000 " **
2021-9-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 18076785 ft
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-25 16:51
SD 400GB memory card:
     I put it into the Dji Mini 2 slot, closed the door, put a battery in the Mini 2,  connected the remote control  (after I turned things on - of course
The card showed 38?GB, I didn't want to take the chance that things may go wrong later, so I told it to format the SD card.  It formatted it nicely,

Nothing wrong other than the way some manufacturers report gigs. A gig is 1024 meg, Some report 1000 meg as a gig, but the reader reports it correctly.  Also, there are a few directory files written to the card that take up a few megs.
2021-9-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-25 16:51
SD 400GB memory card:
     I put it into the Dji Mini 2 slot, closed the door, put a battery in the Mini 2,  connected the remote control  (after I turned things on - of course

Yes, and unfortunately, if you lost the aircraft, it has the capacity to lose a vast amount of footage. Some say there is an advantage to losing an aircraft with much smaller card on board, as you cannot fit as much on a smaller card.
2021-9-25
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-25 18:06
Yes, and unfortunately, if you lost the aircraft, it has the capacity to lose a vast amount of footage. Some say there is an advantage to losing an aircraft with much smaller card on board, as you cannot fit as much on a smaller card.

To each their own choice.  I did it just to see IF it would work, and now that I know it does, I have that choice.  Thanks for your reply
2021-9-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-25 17:32
Nothing wrong other than the way some manufacturers report gigs. A gig is 1024 meg, Some report 1000 meg as a gig, but the reader reports it correctly.  Also, there are a few directory files written to the card that take up a few megs.

If that is how the value is stated for the chip - or whatever - then that is all you have to work with at the time.  In the case of the chip I tried, the values are STANDARD.  Thanks for your reply.
2021-9-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
United States

On 07/11/22 I tried the 400gb sd in the Smart Controller, it formatted fine with 382gb (I think was the number), and the controller is using it fine.  Going to watch it closely
for a while.
2022-7-11
Use props
ahr69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are there any contacts in the mini 2 to address the v90 speed chip?
2022-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules