4617 14 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Title says it all, just downloading here...
2017-6-19
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Thanks for the update info...   :-)
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing obviously new, no firmware rollback available for the P4. Re-calibrated P4 sensors, all seemed to work well on Win 10 PC with monochrome visual outputs from each of the sensor cameras visible on screen. The flight Sim 'Light' does not appear to have changed.

I needed to restart aircraft and Assistant 2 after initial installation for P4 to be seen on USB port.
2017-6-19
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 05:50
Nothing obviously new, no firmware rollback available for the P4. Re-calibrated P4 sensors, all seemed to work well on Win 10 PC with monochrome visual outputs from each of the sensor cameras visible on screen. The flight Sim 'Light' does not appear to have changed.

I needed to restart aircraft and Assistant 2 after initial installation for P4 to be seen on USB port.

Thanks for the update Aardvark! I have the previous version of DJI Assistant 2, v 1.0.9, and that one had the downgrade options. Sorry, I think it was only Restore to factory defaults.
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-6-19 07:50
Thanks for the update Aardvark! I have the previous version of DJI Assistant 2, v 1.0.9, and that one had the downgrade options. Sorry, I think it was only Restore to factory defaults.

The option to downgrade (the files listed on Assistant 2 come from DJI server) was withdrawn not long after the last firmware update for the P4 if I remember correctly.
2017-6-19
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 08:10
The option to downgrade (the files listed on Assistant 2 come from DJI server) was withdrawn not long after the last firmware update for the P4 if I remember correctly.

Don't they say that if you want to fly more than 30m or 50m with non DJI apps you should downgrade the firmware?
Is Litchi an option after their latest firmware update?
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-6-19 08:28
Don't they say that if you want to fly more than 30m or 50m with non DJI apps you should downgrade the firmware?
Is Litchi an option after their latest firmware update?

I've not used Litchi so can't comment on that, DJI Go 4 does all that I need it too at present. The limitation only apparently comes into play if you do not 'log onto' DJI Go 4. With my P4 (latest upgrade last November) I had to log onto my account after DJI Go 4 upgrade and that's been it so far. I believe the work around would be to start all as normal using DJI Go 4, then shut that down and run Litchi after that. I cannot confirm this though.
2017-6-19
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 08:45
I've not used Litchi so can't comment on that, DJI Go 4 does all that I need it too at present. The limitation only apparently comes into play if you do not 'log onto' DJI Go 4. With my P4 (latest upgrade last November) I had to log onto my account after DJI Go 4 upgrade and that's been it so far. I believe the work around would be to start all as normal using DJI Go 4, then shut that down and run Litchi after that. I cannot confirm this though.

The only think I have Litchi in mind is for their excellent Waypoints and POI mode.
2017-6-19
Use props
Capt Tom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1595121 ft
United States

I keep getting notices on height and distance restrictions on my P4 and that I need to do something in the DJI app. I got it this morning but did not need to fly past the restrictions. Does anybody know about the notice from DJI?
2017-6-21
Use props
Capt Tom
lvl.1
United States

I do use Drone Deploy for my mapping jobs. Any Advice or experience with the hight and sistance limatations?
2017-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capt Tom Posted at 2017-6-21 07:45
I do use Drone Deploy for my mapping jobs. Any Advice or experience with the hight and sistance limatations?

If your display device has a wifi signal or cell data package then you should be prompted by DJI Go 4 to log into your DJI account when all is connected and powered up. As far as I'm aware that is it for the P4. I'm not familiar with Drone Deploy, if needed you could try initialising all with DJI Go 4 first, then shut that down and open Drone Deploy ?
2017-6-21
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You will probably have to open the go4 app just before you launch, accept the terms or whatever it is then close it then open drone deploy and run your mission.
2017-6-22
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Hey Ardvark, I don't see a verification code pop up when I try to login? Suggestions...
2017-6-22
Use props
Capt Tom
lvl.1
United States

Thanks y'all! Everything is working fine. I have not upgraded my firmware to the latest version.
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jester Posted at 2017-6-22 16:57
Hey Ardvark, I don't see a verification code pop up when I try to login? Suggestions...

Whoops, just noticed your question here. You probably know by now, but log into your account in DJI Go 4 when all powered up and connected, display with good internet connection.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules