Are you having an issue-free experience with v01.04.0602?
1229 25 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am debating on updating (just realized I had not, though for some odd reason my live video feed has been terrible for the past week). With so many complaints about this update, I was wondering how many people have installed it and are still flying virtually issues-free. I am referring to major issues that affect flight, control, and safety. Show of hands, please?

Thank you.

2017-6-19
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

No problems sofar, but I haven't flown it much since the update because of local met...
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-19 06:23
No problems sofar, but I haven't flown it much since the update because of local met...

Thanks. That's encouraging though.
2017-6-19
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no problems at all , in fact its fixed the horizon tilt, so i am chuffed..tbh
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-6-19 08:26
no problems at all , in fact its fixed the horizon tilt, so i am chuffed..tbh

Thanks for chiming in!
2017-6-19
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I have blown with 5 batteries and all good so far, and horizon tilt fixed
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-6-19 10:38
I have blown with 5 batteries and all good so far, and horizon tilt fixed

Gracias, amigo!
2017-6-19
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

YES flawless flights (about 14 since udating)
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-19 11:55
YES flawless flights (about 14 since udating)

Cool! I might update this evening. The wife is out for a few hours, so I can play.
2017-6-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

All good for my P4P. I've flown multiple times, including over the top of a 120m dam wall to the lake on the other side. No video break-up issues (except for occasionally on the other side of the wall - to be expected), but I noted that the horizon was still slightly off. Yet to try again...
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-19 15:40
All good for my P4P. I've flown multiple times, including over the top of a 120m dam wall to the lake on the other side. No video break-up issues (except for occasionally on the other side of the wall - to be expected), but I noted that the horizon was still slightly off. Yet to try again...

Awesome! I went ahead and updated about an hour ago. Update was fast and smooth. I'll try to fly tomorrow.
2017-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No problems everything seems fine.
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-19 17:06
No problems everything seems fine.

Thank you. I am charging all my batteries as I type this. Gonna do my first after-the-most-recent-update test shortly. Hoping my results are the same as everyone's here.
2017-6-20
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for bringing us together thus way....

I'm flying an P4-plus.

After some minor problems with maps etc.... (resetting RC fixed that) if have flown several times with interference-messages.
I no switch my WIFI off during flight and al the issues are gone.
2017-6-20
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-6-19 17:00
Awesome! I went ahead and updated about an hour ago. Update was fast and smooth. I'll try to fly tomorrow.

Welcome to the Dark Side or is it the Bright Side?
2017-6-20
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

Flown 4 batteries all good this end, one flight, strong wind warning but  no wind so just kept flying
Hope all goes well

Regards
Eric
2017-6-20
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

have also big problems with live video transmission on my ipad pro 9,7

on my ipad air there are no problems !?!

both on iOS 10.3.2 and DJI go 4.12

EDIT:

the problem exists only with the DJI go APP !
DJI GS pro, litchi, FPV and autopilot works fine
2017-6-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just did my first test flight. Everything is working as designed. It was a short-range test though, so I'll try a longer range later today. I can say though, I still have video feed issues at 2.4 ghz unless I use a custom Channel Mode and use only the minimum transmission quality. Not a big deal except that I must choose only 1 channel for transmission (which may be optimal anyway).
2017-6-20
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

After successfully updating I have had no real big issues. The one thing I did have though I am not sure if it is firmware related was a signal that the compass needed calibration. This was not displayed on the screen - it was on the Phantom's indicator lights.. I noticed the lights were flashing red and yellow slowly while I was flying. Looking to the manual it indicates a warning that the compass needed calibration..  I also notied during my flight (before I noticed the lights) that when I panned, it seemed to keep drifting to the left after my pan was complete.

I dug a little deeper and looked at the data in the flight logs that you can view with DJI Assistant 2's viewer and sure enough the compass was showing quite a bit of "noise" that disappeared after the compass calibration was completed and the lights are back to their normal flashing pattern..

Pay attention to the lights - it may help you prevent something bad in the long run - don't trust the app to tell you everything..

2017-6-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-20 07:42
After successfully updating I have had no real big issues. The one thing I did have though I am not sure if it is firmware related was a signal that the compass needed calibration. This was not displayed on the screen - it was on the Phantom's indicator lights.. I noticed the lights were flashing red and yellow slowly while I was flying. Looking to the manual it indicates a warning that the compass needed calibration..  I also notied during my flight (before I noticed the lights) that when I panned, it seemed to keep drifting to the left after my pan was complete.

I dug a little deeper and looked at the data in the flight logs that you can view with DJI Assistant 2's viewer and sure enough the compass was showing quite a bit of "noise" that disappeared after the compass calibration was completed and the lights are back to their normal flashing pattern..

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up.
2017-6-20
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-6-20 07:48
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up.

Indeed,

I thought about asking the support staff about it, but I am scared I would just get the push back to send it in for repair/etc.. Or to try to send the flight logs. There is nothing wrong with it as of right now and I am enjoying flying it
2017-6-20
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having a nightmare with this update, its been a good hour an nothing, I have a feeling I will have to brick my drone...because no one at DJI bothered to test the 1.04.06 FW update
2017-6-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

D A P Posted at 2017-6-20 12:22
I'm having a nightmare with this update, its been a good hour an nothing, I have a feeling I will have to brick my drone...because no one at DJI bothered to test the 1.04.06 FW update

This was a post requesting feedback from users with successful updates, but I am sure others will attempt to help you anyway.

Which quad and what are your steps for updating?
2017-6-20
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United Kingdom

Its a P4P and I hadn't used it for about a month, so new there was an update for DJI as I read some forums , plugged it in via tablet, said there was an update available , so followed that it worked to about 99% and then it took ages to finish off so I waited 30 mins - 45 mins an hour and then 1 bar on the Battery was left,  so I thought this is not right. Unplugged it and I have sent a ticket to DJI... I also think my controller has discharged its self as I had a red flashing light so charging that beast up now, just waiting for P4P Batt to cool down and I'll try it again... I love my drone when it works, but must admit I'm not impressed with the quality of DJI products
2017-6-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

D A P Posted at 2017-6-20 12:58
Its a P4P and I hadn't used it for about a month, so new there was an update for DJI as I read some forums , plugged it in via tablet, said there was an update available , so followed that it worked to about 99% and then it took ages to finish off so I waited 30 mins - 45 mins an hour and then 1 bar on the Battery was left,  so I thought this is not right. Unplugged it and I have sent a ticket to DJI... I also think my controller has discharged its self as I had a red flashing light so charging that beast up now, just waiting for P4P Batt to cool down and I'll try it again... I love my drone when it works, but must admit I'm not impressed with the quality of DJI products

When it got to the end (perhaps still at 99%, I do not recall for sure), did you unplug from the quad and plug back into the controller? That's what I had to do to complete the first step.
2017-6-20
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Indio Posted at 2017-6-20 06:42
have also big problems with live video transmission on my ipad pro 9,7

on my ipad air there are no problems !?!

EDIT 2:

answer from DJI (?)

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 15.42.10.jpg
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules