please help: finding original replacement antenna
978 15 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans702be6c2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all -

I have a standard phantom 3 and unfortunately the aerial has snapped off the controller (packed it away in a hurry!) I really cant afford the time to send it off for repair so have been trying to find a replacement aerial, but I'm having trouble. Every search seems to bring back third party mods including huge range extending options, which I don't need and also don't want as it means I won't be able to pack it away in my dji backpack. I simply ned to replace that white little stick so need that with the wire so I can reconnect to controller. Any ideas where i can get this?

ps. I'm not sure if antenna or aerial is the right search term but I've been using both.

Thanks so much -  am desperate!
2017-6-19
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

the antenna on the p3s is 5.8 ghz,
the two wifi panels are 2.4 ghz
at internet they said its part 3, but they said it also works at p3a and p3p, who are using 2.4 ghz for control.
I think the best solution is argtek ( an mod where you don't have to drill or anything like that).
i also gonna install argtek, it gives you 2 km range.
search "p3s argtek" and you will find it
2017-6-19
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Have you looked up the nearest repair place to you? They might have one on hand they could sell you. If you were closer I'd sell you mine. I installed an Argtek.
2017-6-19
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

You can find a list of repair shops on Phantomhelp.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry to hear that, please refer to the link below to find the repair center nearest to you: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-6-19
Use props
WayOutWoodPond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62867 ft
United Kingdom

PM Me your address. If I can find mine tonight I will send it to you.
2017-6-20
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

WayOutWoodPond Posted at 2017-6-20 00:31
PM Me your address. If I can find mine tonight I will send it to you.

Nice!
2017-6-20
Use props
MERTHEG01
New
United States

I CAN SEND YOU ONE AS WELL, IF STILL NEEDED.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans702be6c2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-19 07:35
at internet they said its part 3, but they said it also works at p3a and p3p, who are using 2.4 ghz for control.

Thanks - I've seen the argtek, but if I'm not mistaken this will not allow me to fold it away in the official dji backpack. Is this correct? Or does the antenna come off for easy storage?
2017-6-25
Use props
fans702be6c2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 22:37
I'm sorry to hear that, please refer to the link below to find the repair center nearest to you: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Thanks but the nearest is 4 hours away!
2017-6-25
Use props
fans702be6c2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Latest update: I have discovered that the argtek does fit in an official DJI backpack if you make some incisions in the foam! Great news, thanks everyone!
2017-6-26
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans702be6c2 Posted at 2017-6-25 23:58
Thanks - I've seen the argtek, but if I'm not mistaken this will not allow me to fold it away in the official dji backpack. Is this correct? Or does the antenna come off for easy storage?

I don't know where the inside of the official is made from, I have an aftermarket backpack. when its foam you can cut something out with a knife, or you can push it in( but then it doesn't fit well). However, i don't need the argtek, I reached 1050 m in ce mode and when I convert it to fcc it will go as far as the argtek
2017-6-26
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans702be6c2 Posted at 2017-6-25 23:58

I don't know where the inside of the official is made from, I have an aftermarket backpack. when its foam you can cut something out with a knife, or you can push it in( but then it doesn't fit well). However, i don't need the argtek, I reached 1050 m in ce mode and when I convert it to fcc it will go as far as the argtek
2017-6-26
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

I don't know where the inside of the official is made from, I have an aftermarket backpack. when its foam you can cut something out with a knife, or you can push it in( but then it doesn't fit well). However, i don't need the argtek, I reached 1050 m in ce mode and when I convert it to fcc it will go as far as the argtek.
I can't use the reply sonfans702be6c2 here is reply to: thank - i've seen the argtek
2017-6-26
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

WIMO Posted at 2017-6-19 07:35

good luck, be sure to post results
2017-6-26
Use props
WayOutWoodPond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62867 ft
United Kingdom

Shipped you the aerial today buddy.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now