Problems with Customer Support
600 4 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81cea464
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62762 ft
United States

I noticed the forward obstacle avoidance was not working so tech support suggested I recalibrate the IMU and Sensors which I did many times after talking to them.  After each calibration the sensors would work for a minute or two after take off then nothing.  So I then tried using the DJI assistant software to downgrade the firmware and see if that helped. I tried every version and they were all the same until I went all the way back to the original release.  When I use the original release the system works but here is the issue, I ordered the DJI goggles so I have to update my firmware to get the goggles to work.  

So then I called tech support back and walked them through what I had done and they said it was a software issue and to send my Mavic in.  So I did and once they received it I got back an email telling me evaluation was completed but when I logged in to my case it said awaiting evaluation.  So I called them and they told me that it was complete and that it would be released that day or first thing in the morning.  It did not get released so I called again and was told the same thing the next day and again and again for 4 days this went on.  Every day I would call and everyday they said it was done and I would have an update by the next morning at the latest.  So on the afternoon of the 5th day I received and invoice (which I have inserted below).  The invoice is crazy because on line it says there is "no  significant data found, damage" then on the next line it says Obvious Damage on Front right arm and front vision module.  I know for positive the unit was not damaged when I sent it back I am not sure if they damaged it while it was lost for 4 days or what.  

The thing that drives me crazy is that the people I have talked to have all acted like they were doing something and starting a dispute or inquiry into what was going on but every time I call back they say there are no notes on the case.  It has taken me at least 10 calls to get the notes put on the case and who knows if they will be on there when I call back.  I just received my goggles but who knows when I will see my Mavic.  I purchased DJI Refresh which is supposed to give you a better level of support but if this is the better level I would hate to see the other one.  I have canceled my Spark Pre-Order because I am a little concerned that this is indicative of the way the do business.  The other shocking thing is how great the tech support was in contrast to what happened once they received it.

I have the Refresh service so it's only $79 but I have a real hard time accepting the fact they I will have spent and additional $180($99 on refresh and $79 to execute) on this for them to fix a software issue I had noting to do with.  I think they must have misplaced it for a week and then it got damaged or maybe they just don't want to stand behind the warranty.  At this point I am a little down on the brand service and I am not the excited to work with them.

I would love any insight anyone has or thoughts.

Case No:        CAS-683244-C0R5R8
Use Insurance Type:        DJI Care Refresh
Quote Date:        06-16-17
Remarks:        Non warranty per data analysis; No significant data found, damage unit. There is one cause of damage available in flight data, unsure if it is the cause. Obvious damage on front right arm and front vision module. that impairs normal flight to unit, cause unknown source. Cause of root issue is damage due to force impact. [Non warranty Repair]

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Forward Vision Module 2        1        29.00        29.00
Flight Controller ESC Board        1        59.00        59.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        79.00
Total Payment:                        79.00
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry that it takes a few days to receive quotation because of the data analysis, but it's impossible to appear secondary damage during this period because what local repair center did is just exporting the flight data and submit to data analysis team. Damage assessment shows that there is obvious damage on front right arm and front vision module which may be caused by external impact rather than malfunction. Therefore, the drone will need to be charged.
I understand your concern, I have escalated to appropriate team to make further analysis and we will have someone to contact you later for details, appreciate your patience very much.
2017-6-19
Use props
dr_jett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62762 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 21:40
We are sorry that it takes a few days to receive quotation because of the data analysis, but it's impossible to appear secondary damage during this period because what local repair center did is just exporting the flight data and submit to data analysis team. Damage assessment shows that there is obvious damage on front right arm and front vision module which may be caused by external impact rather than malfunction. Therefore, the drone will need to be charged.
I understand your concern, I have escalated to appropriate team to make further analysis and we will have someone to contact you later for details, appreciate your patience very much.

Mindy,

Thanks so much the team you had look at it again took care of everything.  I really appreciate you guys taking the time to look into this it makes me feel great about buying your products.  I can't wait to get my Mavic back because my DJI Goggles just came in.   
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dr_jett Posted at 2017-6-21 07:43
Mindy,

Thanks so much the team you had look at it again took care of everything.  I really appreciate you guys taking the time to look into this it makes me feel great about buying your products.  I can't wait to get my Mavic back because my DJI Goggles just came in.

I'm glad to hear everything turns out to be great, hope you will receive your drone soon. Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansa6f07c1b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371 ft
Canada

I tried with them. Asked a question, waited ten minutes, received a link that wouldn't open. Told him it wouldn't open. Told me to calibrate forward sensors on Go. Asked how to do that. Wait another ten minutes told me to paste links on software. Asked how to do that, wait another ten minutes, and was told to send it in as we have exhausted all troubleshooting steps with no solution. I told him we haven't tried a single thing. he then kept resending the same send it in for repair message. When I told him how unhappy I was, he kept sending me a anything we can do to help message. It was the most brash, useless tech line I have ever dealt with. I have had quite a few DJI products, and up until now highly recommended then and would buy more. Not now, I refuse to send this in for repair to such an uncooperative company. Nor will I ever purchase or recommend a DJI product again.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules