Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dronie, Rocket, Helix Quickshot's ALL DON'T WORK!
12Next >
13323 55 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa30584ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143757 ft
United States

Before everyone freaks out. So far I love the spark! I dont have any experience with recent DJI products, but I have been flying drones for over 4 years. This post is meant to help me learn if I'm doing something wrong, or if others are experiencing the same thing.  
All the Quickshot modes I have tried dont work... (I Haven't tried circle yet.)
Dronie: I have tried dronie multiple times. Each time it stays flat, not gaining any altitude, but reversing like normal.
video:[/url]
flight log photo

Rocket: Tried rocket yesterday in a medium wind (5-10mph). Spark immediatly started drifting in the direction of the wind and continued climbing while clearly not tracking the subject. While not using quickshots, Spark can hover perfectly still and even climb without drifting at all.
video:
flight log photo

Helix: Tried it on top of a hill with light wind (5-10mph). Spark tracked me while starting manuver (gained altitude and started first turn) Once it started its first turn it lost track of subject, was still trying to finish manuver, until wifi cut out and initiated return-to-home. Once RTH was initiated (due to lost wifi signal) the helix video recording automatically stopped and i couldnt recconnect to "spark wifi" for about 1 min later (SCARY) until it was directly above me while auto-landing.
video:
flight log photo

Can someone tell me if there is a way while flying the Spark in quickshot mode using DJI Go 4 if the subject tracking has been lost?

Either way, I have a feeling other people are experiencing the same issuesk. If so, do you think its software related, and can be fixed with firmware updates?

I personally picked the Spark over the Mavic SPECIFICALLY for the Quickshots, so I can record these shots and still be in the them with my family.

Has anyone had success with these modes?

2017-6-19
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

fansb4f3b124 Posted at 2017-6-19 09:48
Unfortunately, no success here. Reporting all the same problems as you have found. I have downgraded the firmware to make the drone usable and for safety concerns

does it work fine while downgraded? can you still use the quick shots?
2017-6-19
Use props
fansb4f3b124
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, no success here. Reporting all the same problems as you have found. I have downgraded the firmware to make the drone usable and for safety concerns
2017-6-19
Use props
fansb4f3b124
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-6-19 09:48
does it work fine while downgraded? can you still use the quick shots?

Yes the downgrade seems to allow the quickshots to function properly, but be aware of the other issues surrounding RTH that the new firmware was supposed to have fixed.
2017-6-19
Use props
DarkTangenT
lvl.2
United States

Having the same issue with dronie (not gaining the attitude). Haven't tried the other modes yet.
2017-6-19
Use props
Riggz
lvl.2
Canada

ignore my dumb look..but the rocket mode worked well for me

2017-6-19
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

fansb4f3b124 Posted at 2017-6-19 09:58
Yes the downgrade seems to allow the quickshots to function properly, but be aware of the other issues surrounding RTH that the new firmware was supposed to have fixed.

i may just wait until they upgrade again to be safe since i'm a new droner
2017-6-19
Use props
Mariosoft
New
United States

I am having the same issues, Dronie not gaining altitud, same issue with Helix. But with Rocket I am having 50% that issue, what I noticed with Rocket was that everytime I move while Rocket is recording it loses focus and does the same thing like your, but if I don't move at all it works perfectly.

I was freaking out too thinking I got a defective drone.
2017-6-19
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I thought I was the only one having this concern.
I had same issue with Helix, got to stop Spark in midway. Was scared as well. I have sent email to DJI support for these quickshot concern but no reply yet. I hope they are working on the new update soon. For now, I will stay away from the quickshot and play around with gesture mode instead.
2017-6-19
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

I haven't tried the Dronie, Helix and Circle due to space limitation within my area. So far I don't have any problem with the Rocket

2017-6-19
Use props
fans429241bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

Same here, Rocket worked ok, but the rest had problems. I can't believe they don't let you set the circle distance on circle or honestly, the distances/height manually for any of these. And selfie mode being 1440x1080 when they advertised the photos as 12 Megapixels is disingenuous at best. I also can't believe they don't have someone monitoring these forums (when a new product comes out especially) to ease people's fears.
2017-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Something need to be refined here, but these options are not working Correctly for me, although I have been trying them in some wind, no good. Yesterday dronie seemed to be working climbing but not that much, today flat , because you don't know what's going to happen with these modes it's a disaster.

More refined software needed.
2017-6-20
Use props
Gr3g
lvl.3
United States

fans429241bd Posted at 2017-6-20 05:22
Same here, Rocket worked ok, but the rest had problems. I can't believe they don't let you set the circle distance on circle or honestly, the distances/height manually for any of these. And selfie mode being 1440x1080 when they advertised the photos as 12 Megapixels is disingenuous at best. I also can't believe they don't have someone monitoring these forums (when a new product comes out especially) to ease people's fears.

From what I read in the manual (yes, reading it while i wait for my Spark) the circle distance is whatever distance/position the drone is at the time you initiate the circle command (don't recall the name)
2017-6-20
Use props
fansb4f3b124
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I agree, that some more input from DJI Staff and Admin members would be appreciated to confirm they are working on fixes. That being said, as a multiple DJI Product owner, with experience of other product teething problems, I am confident they will deliver the necessary updates to rectify the issues alot of us are reporting

2017-6-20
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

My friend, I have exactly the same problems.

Dronnie mode stays flat and doesn't get any hight. It was the first time I did it (it as this morning) and because of that it crashed against a tree (nothing happened fortunetly to the drone).

Rocket goes completey drifted so its useless, and I was too afraid to record with Helix after that, as far as I dont know which is the distance its going to take to make the whole movement.

ARGGGGGGGG. Im so upset
2017-6-20
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

it has been this morning* i wanted to say
2017-6-20
Use props
fans622a41dc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Admins! Why don't you post? A response is what's needed here.
2017-6-20
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

I have sent an email including the link to this thread to the support team few hours ago. Hopefully we have some answer soon.
2017-6-20
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hi guys, I got answer from the support team already. Please see as following:
"For the Quick Shot, please make sure the camera has captured the object before moving on. If the same issue appeared in your drone, we would like to have the flight records and Main Control data to check the exact reason.
Thank you for attention and support of DJI.
Best Regards,
Maggie
DJI Technical Support"

I think one of the reason could be because I chose the wrong target on the phone?Can you guys try again and make sure:
1. The Spark is at least 1.5m from the ground (as manual page 17).
2. As the support team said, please make sure you choose the correct object.
If still have issue, please send the email to the support team  "flight records and Main Control data" for them to study on this.
Today is raining, I will try again tomorrow to see.
Keep this thread alive guys!

2017-6-20
Use props
fans1a9af154
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57287 ft
Australia

I have had success with circle and rocket, but admittidly it did drift first time, dronie was flat today and did gain altitude. Yet to try helix due to fear of fly away. I have been using these with the remote controller but I read somewhere that when used with the remote the distance rocket, dronie and helix goes is double when used with the iPhone, but now I cant find any info on that, so if anyone can share, that would be appreciated.
2017-6-21
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

fans1a9af154 Posted at 2017-6-21 00:16
I have had success with circle and rocket, but admittidly it did drift first time, dronie was flat today and did gain altitude. Yet to try helix due to fear of fly away. I have been using these with the remote controller but I read somewhere that when used with the remote the distance rocket, dronie and helix goes is double when used with the iPhone, but now I cant find any info on that, so if anyone can share, that would be appreciated.

I do agree with you that Helix was scary. I was also scared the first time, had to stop it just after 1/2 of the first circle. Some guy told me it will go 4 circles for the whole progress, but again, too scared to let it fly.
2017-6-21
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-20 23:59
Hi guys, I got answer from the support team already. Please see as following:
"For the Quick Shot, please make sure the camera has captured the object before moving on. If the same issue appeared in your drone, we would like to have the flight records and Main Control data to check the exact reason.
Thank you for attention and support of DJI.

how can we share the flight records and main control data to them for checking the exact reason?

thanks!
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, could you please help to export the flight data by DJI Assitant 2 and send to us? and the specific time of Helix and Dronie as well.  I will forward to our engineer for further analysis. Appreciate your cooperation.
2017-6-21
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

marcloig Posted at 2017-6-21 01:04
how can we share the flight records and main control data to them for checking the exact reason?

thanks!

I think you can retrieve the Flight data by connect with PC through DJI Assistant 2.
And you can check the flight record yourself by go to DJI Go 4, choose the "3 bars" icon on top right, choose flight record, then click on any record tab on your right, it will show everything on that flight. This actually help because I always thought for dronie, it would fly out of wifi range of my phone (>100m), but when I checked flight record today, it actually flied back 28m and up 7m only (Still in my phone range).
And because I was on Beginner mode (Which limit me for 30m), it warned me. I would try again tomorrow (with beginner mode off) to understand more on those quickshot behaviors.See link for my dronie test:
2017-6-21
Use props
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-21 05:18
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, could you please help to export the flight data by DJI Assitant 2 and send to us? and the specific time of Helix and Dronie as well.  I will forward to our engineer for further analysis. Appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks for the reply. I will download Dji assistant 2 today and try uploading the flight logs.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans8c349a91
New
United States

All but rocket are broken for me also. Dronie just goes straight back without gaining any noticeable elevation. Helix quickly started circling me, but only made it about a quarter of the way before it nearly stopped circling and lost track of me. It also went backwards way too quickly! Certainly nothing similar to advertised. Ultimately, had to takeover with both dronie and helix because they were getting further away, but not gaining elevation significantly in either mode, and lost track and stopped circling in helix. If I had let them go in their own, would have crashed both times.
I was selected properly both times, prior to starting the mode.
2017-6-22
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Romania

We had all 3 working in an empty sports field but in the garden with trees and things it went a bit odd.
2017-6-22
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

i tried active track once and when i stopped moving the drone kept flying towards me and almost hit my face, when i tried it again it worked perfectly... so strange
2017-6-22
Use props
Tony Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196870 ft
United Kingdom

Tried Dronie twice , 1st time , it went backward away from me , but did not gain hieght , Second time , again went away from me , gained no hieght , but also lost video and connection to my phone .
will have another go this eve . havnt even tried helix yet  , better find myself a bigger field !!!!
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Guys, checks out my theory and solution, with demo video to see if it fixes yours as well.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101350-1-1.html
2017-6-22
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-22 03:15
Guys, checks out my theory and solution, with demo video to see if it fixes yours as well.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101350-1-1.html

i answer you in your post
2017-6-22
Use props
JohnyDell
New
Flight distance : 2556 ft
United States

I've had the exact same issues except in helical it also does not gain altitude.
2017-6-22
Use props
JohnyDell
New
Flight distance : 2556 ft
United States

so I ordered 2 Sparks and was super excited when they arrived (been droning for a decade) and after charging and updating the first of the two had an IMU error and never even got to fly it. after 40 minutes of DJI customer service chat.. its headed back for "testing and repairs"  FAIL 1.  Opened the second box, charged/ updated.. seemed to be working almost as advertised.  then I tried the quickshots and have all the same issues except it doesn't gain altitude in helical either.  rocket seemed to do ok but it wasn't windy at all.  After spending over an hour on the DJI support chat yet again I was told this was an isolated and unique issue and that i only had to recalibrate the IMU and Compass.  yeah no. that was the first thing i did when i found it not working properly but i did it again to no avail.  Also in hand launch gesture mode it doesn't actually take the photos despite flashing its lights like it is.  I was super disappointed when I got home this evening to check out some of the amazing sunset paddle boarding pics i thought i took only to find none of it on the sd card.  Fail 2.  I'll test it out a bit more tomorrow but I unfortunately may be sending this one back as well.  Super disappointing DJI, I was pumped for this little gem.
2017-6-22
Use props
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: another member brought to my attention and I have now verified how to change the default distance (meters) the quick shots move away from the target!!! You simply press the specific quickshot a second time and it will bring up a distance slider (see attached) for each mode (helix- distance away, rocket- height, dronie- distance backwards)  except circle.   
IMG_2184.PNG
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Guys, I have successfully performed all 4 quickshots. See my thread here for suggesting solution.
http://forum.dji.com/home.php?mod=space&do=notice
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Sorry, I copy the rong link: this is the one: http://forum.dji.com/thread-101350-1-1.html
2017-6-22
Use props
fans223334dd
lvl.1
Singapore

Here's mine. Once I have enough open space and the Drone is very sure the GPS is locked it will do the auto modes.

2017-6-22
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

fans223334dd Posted at 2017-6-22 22:25
Here's mine. Once I have enough open space and the Drone is very sure the GPS is locked it will do the auto modes.

DJI Spark 4 Auto Modes

nice job too.

i hate how editing by djj app loses a lot of quaility. it really peaces me off
2017-6-23
Use props
the spark of li
lvl.1
Canada

i just talked to dji tech support, they told me to reinstall the app and try again (on my note 4 ) . so i reinstalled the dji go 4 app and tried quick shots, the rocket worked perfectly with subject (me) in the middle of screen all the time. after that i tried dronie, and again it failed to gain altitude. however after that i tried circle and it worked fine. by that time i ran out of battery so never got a chance to try helix. so dronie (the best quickshot for me)  for sure is not working properly
2017-6-23
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

the spark of li Posted at 2017-6-23 14:42
i just talked to dji tech support, they told me to reinstall the app and try again (on my note 4 ) . so i reinstalled the dji go 4 app and tried quick shots, the rocket worked perfectly with subject (me) in the middle of screen all the time. after that i tried dronie, and again it failed to gain altitude. however after that i tried circle and it worked fine. by that time i ran out of battery so never got a chance to try helix. so dronie (the best quickshot for me)  for sure is not working properly

Exactly the same as me
2017-6-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules