Noisy and grainy footage
4325 3 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cralos
New
Spain

Hi all! I´m a new Mavic Pro owner, I think Mavic is great, but the first footage i´ve recorded seems very noisy, grainy and many compression artifacts are visible. I´ll appreciate some help to know if this is a normal issue, or am I doing something wrong, or maybe my unit is not working as it should. Here is the link for one of the videos ( all of them looks like this one):
https://we.tl/6BmXREM1WD

It was recorded under a bright sun, I haven´t ND filters yet, so I adjusted the shutter at 2000 to low the light. ISO 100, 4K 25fps, +1-2-1, D-LOG.
Thank you!

2017-6-19
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hi, Yes allot of grain in the footage. Start with a nice ND filter set, this is essential for recording with bright sunlight.
With these recording settings make sure to have the shutter speed at about 50.
But remember, there will always be some noise in the picture this is because your Mavic is not performing any noise reduction with sharpness +1.
I'm using these settings myself at +1/-1/0 at Dlog and using the Taco ND filter set(multi coated) to reduce the shutter speed.
Doing noise reduction with my computer and a plugin for editing software.
This way you have full control over your footage and get very clean and sharp video, noise is gone.
And if you are spending over a 1000 euro's for a flying camera, then invest in some filters, good plugin for your editing software.

2017-6-19
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Here some example from a guy in Spain.
He uses ND filters, from Taco I believe.
He does use the Neatvideo plugin and he created some denoise profiles himself.

2017-6-19
Use props
cralos
New
Spain

Thank you very much, Anoniem. I´ll get some filters and try again with new settings. I know that I should reduce the noise in post, but that ammount of noise in the raw footage worried me.
The video from Breo looks very clean, good reference.
Thanks again!
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules