Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair services problem. Need advice.
657 5 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans75ceb9b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72520 ft
United States

Crashed into my roof. Hit the ground. Gimbal made a lot of noise on tilt. So I sent her in. 1 month out of warranty. I get the quote back via email. $154 total. Not bad I think. Especially when $130 is labor. So I get an email that it's in its way back home. Overjoyed! She arrives. I open the box to find...... NOT MY EQUIPMENT! So I chat with DJI a couple times. They told me it's my replacement because mine probably wasn't repairable. Huh? It was a gimbal problem. Tilt motor. Fly this drone on a test flight and it shimmies and the ascent and descent are slow. About half the speed of my original equipment even after the crash. Talk to DJI again and find they want me to send it back and reference my initial case and there MAY BE ADDITIONAL CHARGES?! What the ****? Looking for advice everyone. Help me out.
2017-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you read the warranty conditions, DJI tell you that in the event of a warranty claim, they may replace your aircraft with a repaired one of the same model.

If you think about it, aircraft are returned every day, and due to the thousands that DJI repair, there are lots of them waiting to repair. And I am pretty sure they are not repaired in the US, they have to go back to China. So, to save time, they just send you a replacement, while yours goes back to China for repair and refurbishment.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans75ceb9b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72520 ft
United States

That's not the point. I understand that much,  UT this "refurbished" craft flies for crap.
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans75ceb9b4 Posted at 2017-6-19 15:14
That's not the point. I understand that much,  UT this "refurbished" craft flies for crap.

Perhaps a full calibration would help

1) Sensors
2)IMU
3) Gimbal
4)Compass
5) RC unit
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
Second Officer
United States

You gotflight logs? id like to see that.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

As Aardvark mentioned, we suggest to calibrate compass, IMU by APP and the vision system by DJI Assistant 2 if it's Mavic Pro. Please help to check if the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
For after-sale service, local repair center may determine to repair or replace  under the type of warranty service designated for the product. Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty.  
Please let us know the performance of your drone after calibration.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules