765 7 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf0a87517
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3976 ft
United States

Can someone from DJI please clearing some answers that i have:

If i update the app and firware to comply with latest DJI policy will my drone only work when i have internet connection on my phone?

What if i am in a country where there is no cell network or internet, will i be able to fly my drone and use all the functions?

2017-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You absolutely unequivocally don't need internet to fly your drone.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf0a87517
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3976 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-19 13:10
You absolutely unequivocally don't need internet to fly your drone.

so why they are saying that the new DJI updates will disable some of the functions if we dont register or update.
2017-6-19
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Here we go again... Wheee!
2017-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansf0a87517 Posted at 2017-6-19 15:56
so why they are saying that the new DJI updates will disable some of the functions if we dont register or update.

Because just like you, they don't bother reading the advice and information given, even when I told you , you still don't believe it, some people have a glass that's half full, and others have a glass that's half empty.

Nowhere dose it say you will be restricted if you don't update, where did you read that's?
2017-6-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-19 16:08
Because just like you, they don't bother reading the advice and information given, even when I told you , you still don't believe it, some people have a glass that's half full, and others have a glass that's half empty.

Nowhere dose it say you will be restricted if you don't update, where did you read that's?

I think the OP is talking about the prompt you get in Go 4.1.0 that there are flight restrictions before you sign-in to the Go 4 app the first time after the update.

OP,  the very first time you run DJI Go 4.1.0 you need an internet connection so that you may login to the app, which allows you to sync your flights, see your forum messages, submit bug reports and feedback, upload to Skypixel, etc., but after that, you don't need an active internet connection to fly.

2017-6-19
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

It would help if this forum had a list of top FAQS so we wouldn't keep seeing the same thing over and over again.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed. Please read more about this on other threads. You don't need internet to fly. Just sign in with internet once and you'll be flying like normal.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules