Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low signal warning in dji go
1512 17 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have a brand new phantom 3s , this is my third phantom3 due to problems withthe other 2 ( dreaded gimbal tilt fault and transmitter failing to turn on) It  keeps getting a low signal warning coming up in dji go. Firmware is 1.8.100 dji go is latest version. This error is odd it can happen anywhere and at any range. I tried in an open area today miles from anywhere and it had the same problem. It will go from 3 or 4 bar and go to zero on both video and controller stream. But transmitter is pointing at it and antenna is vertical. I have rebound the transmitter to the phantom and it still does it.
But here is the strange thing... when this happens i still have transmitter control of the craft and still have video feed. Any idea getting fed up with this. Also been getting djogo app crashing on my s6 on android 7 and not logging my flights.
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What Go app version is it?
2017-6-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-6-19 13:59
What Go app version is it?

The latest build on android play store
2017-6-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

version 3.1.5
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Did you connect the S6 with the bird in airplane mode via WIFI or not? The cellular waves can disturb the needed waves and use more back round tasks.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Android cannot connect to cellular and wifi at the same time anyway  so when wifi is in use cellular turns off automatically
2017-6-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Any ideas, have no tried a tablet as well and although the tablet doesnt crash like the phone in djigo it still comes up with the low signal warnign full bar to zero with no warning. I have had it out to 500m + with line of sight no problem but it still says low signal all the way to 500m very annoying. I redid the firmware last night already had 1.8.10+ on it but forced a firmware overwrite, redid calibrations etc rebound transmitter to ac. the problem appears to be app based as i still have full control with the transmitter when this happens and video feed. This is the third phantom 3 with same problem that cant be a coincidence  odds of 3 having exactly the same symptoms must be minascule. Please advise DJI if this isnt solved i will not go back to dji this has been ongoing for 3 months now plenty of time to issue a fix.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansef854c89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579888 ft
Germany

I'm experiencing the same problem, yet I might have read where it comes from. I wasn't abel to figure it out yet, though, because my Cell phone is actually too slow for the dji Go app. I'm getting a new one in a few days.
Anyways, what I read was that other Wi-Fi networks can disturb the signal, especially ones that your phone is set to connect to (because when one is near, it may actually have network traffic with the network, just telling it it's there; or in general the waves can be a problem).
I've only flown in the garden so far, even with my brother's phone, and in the room right next to it we have a router. If you have one or several networks close to you when this happens, try changing locations and check if it works.
2017-7-16
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply but this was doing it in the middle of a field 2 miles from nearest house. I suspect a firmware error as it didnt effect the flying of the drone or initiate rth. Im thinking it was the link between controller and phone rather than controller and drone.
2017-8-19
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2017-6-19 14:46
Android cannot connect to cellular and wifi at the same time anyway  so when wifi is in use cellular turns off automatically

Wrong, you can answer phone calls while flying the Phantom 3 Standard. The cellular is on if not in airplane mode.
2017-8-19
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2017-6-22 08:01
Any ideas, have no tried a tablet as well and although the tablet doesnt crash like the phone in djigo it still comes up with the low signal warnign full bar to zero with no warning. I have had it out to 500m + with line of sight no problem but it still says low signal all the way to 500m very annoying. I redid the firmware last night already had 1.8.10+ on it but forced a firmware overwrite, redid calibrations etc rebound transmitter to ac. the problem appears to be app based as i still have full control with the transmitter when this happens and video feed. This is the third phantom 3 with same problem that cant be a coincidence  odds of 3 having exactly the same symptoms must be minascule. Please advise DJI if this isnt solved i will not go back to dji this has been ongoing for 3 months now plenty of time to issue a fix.

Why have you not installed the latest firmware?  You say you want DJI to fix things yet you run outdated FW.  Phantom 3 Standard Firmware v01.09.0200 is the newest version.  You will also need to install the latest app version for it to work correctly.  Android Version v3.1.10 and then sign into  your account with DJI so you won't have the height and distance limitations.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have no distance or height limitations that was not the error. Please note the date of original post we all had the latest version of the firmware and djigo app. And the latest version firmware did not fix it either. DJI already accepted liability and took drone back since then. A whole batch of phantom 3s had the same problem
2017-8-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2017-8-19 14:19
Wrong, you can answer phone calls while flying the Phantom 3 Standard. The cellular is on if not in airplane mode.

My tablet is not cellular so no way can it connect to cellular lol. And Samsungs have an auto data switch so if it cannot get data on wifi it switches to cellular so we always put on flight mode before wifi or it disconnects anyway. But as pointed out below it was the phantom at fault and was already returned and fault confirmed. Faulty bird
2017-8-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Did you set the network restrictions yet ? It kills back round tasks during flight and set full power to the Phantoms WIFI.
2017-8-20
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-20 05:02
Did you set the network restrictions yet ? It kills back round tasks during flight and set full power to the Phantoms WIFI.

It was already returned and confirmed a faulty unit got a spark now intead but thanks for replying
2017-8-23
Use props
sSunSetter
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm.. kinda baffled. Firmware/Update.... I don't know how or where to check that. Assuming I even know what the firmware includes.  I have 3.1.10 for the Go app. May need help.
2017-8-23
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

In what distance the message "low controller signal is showing up?  On my system is it by 300+ meters or in F-POI mode short time and then normal again. I also have the App version 3.1.10.
The RTH was never kicked in,and the bird was all time  under control.
2017-8-24
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i use android nexus 7 tablet no problem so far.i use it to fly with only.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules