Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Magnetic Interference
1288 10 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carrie424
New

United States

Hey Everyone,

I Have owned my Mavic Pro for abot 2 months  now. Except for your normal excessive wind warnings and once in a while a weak signal warning I have had no issues. I have flown roughly about 40+ flights or so. I love this thing. Anyway Since the latest firmware upgrade everytime I fly in my backyard (like I have been doing since I got it) I get the warning about a strong Magnetic Interference, to fly with caution. Never got tht before the upgrade here. I have always been able to land it but after reading all these posts about thier Mavics falling out of the sky I'm am nervous to fly it. Should I be concerned with the new Upgrade? I am taking it to Florida in 2 weeks and was hoping to get some nice ocean flying shots but now I am nervous.
Anythoughts on this??

2017-6-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Did the most recent firmware release fix a problem you were having? If not -- and maybe even if it did -- I'd recommend that you downgrade to an earlier firmware version and see if that really does make the problem go away.
2017-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First I would take it somewhere else try that and see if your getting the same warning, this will tell you if problem is with remote or aircraft, if you don't get warning then your problem is with your garden.
2017-6-19
Use props
carrie424
New

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-19 16:52
Did the most recent firmware release fix a problem you were having? If not -- and maybe even if it did -- I'd recommend that you downgrade to an earlier firmware version and see if that really does make the problem go away.

No I never got that warning before in my yard until I upgraded. I get it all the time now. how do I downgrade the firmware?
2017-6-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

carrie424 Posted at 2017-6-19 16:55
No I never got that warning before in my yard until I upgraded. I get it all the time now. how do I downgrade the firmware?

Connect the Mavic to your PC, power it on, and run the DJI Assistant 2 program. It'll display a list of available firmware versions, and you can downgrade your firmware from the current (latest) to an earlier version.
2017-6-19
Use props
carrie424
New

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-19 17:02
Connect the Mavic to your PC, power it on, and run the DJI Assistant 2 program. It'll display a list of available firmware versions, and you can downgrade your firmware from the current (latest) to an earlier version.

Thank You I think I will try that and see it it helps.

2017-6-19
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I had my first Magnetic Interference warning saturday, then quad started to drift quite quite a bit, was close to the ground and landed.
2017-6-19
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Do you get this with airplane mode enabled too?
2017-6-19
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mag interference has noting to do with airplane mode.

As Hall, suggested try it in a different location. Also make sure you are not taking off next to metal chairs, tables, lawnmowers etc. No metal wallets, phone, keys in your pockets!
2017-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

carrie424 Posted at 2017-6-19 17:03
Thank You I think I will try that and see it it helps.

The problem with rolling back the firmware first is, let's say old firmware was not giving a warning it was supposed to, then in that case you may be flying around in an area of magnetic interference and an accident waiting to happen, there have been some cases where there was magnetic interference on the ground and it was not picked up by the app, but because compass was then askew once aircraft got in the air it just takes off and crashes.
This is why I advised you to go to another location on 800 and check if you got a warning, then you would be able to eliminate the problem.
I wouldn't be inclined to take magnetic warning lightly if you roll back firmware unless magnetic warning comes up again you will never be sure it's not there.
2017-6-20
Use props
carrie424
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-20 01:18
The problem with rolling back the firmware first is, let's say old firmware was not giving a warning it was supposed to, then in that case you may be flying around in an area of magnetic interference and an accident waiting to happen, there have been some cases where there was magnetic interference on the ground and it was not picked up by the app, but because compass was then askew once aircraft got in the air it just takes off and crashes.
This is why I advised you to go to another location on 800 and check if you got a warning, then you would be able to eliminate the problem.
I wouldn't be inclined to take magnetic warning lightly if you roll back firmware unless magnetic warning comes up again you will never be sure it's not there.

Very true. Thanks for the input. I will try a few places and see if the warning stops coming up.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules