Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Want to transfer phantom 4 to a carbon/alloy frame
814 1 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans711b548e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101175 ft
Bangladesh

Hi, has somebody tried to use all the electronics from the Phantom 4 with for example a carbon/alloy frame?
Is this hard to do and which things from the P4 can not be used with another frame?

I was thinking if its possible to use a carbon frame and then take out all the electronics (camera, motors, esc, flight controller, GPS, Compass, etc) from the P4 and use it with the new frame?

I really love the Phantom 4 drone and the camera , but want to change the frame completely.
Is there any frame available ready to do mod like this or i have to buy a frame then modify it ? Is it doable ?
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
Second Officer
United States

You would be better off just building a quad from scratch. The p4 componants are not small. There is a large heat sync and the gimbal kinda has to stay in its current configuration to work right. There are several boards built into the gimbal tray and its just not sensible to reconfigure it. It would probably take an engineer to do it. And then theres the sensors. You could most definately do something like that with a p3s/a/p. Everything is basically on one board in that series. You can also easilly reconfigure the gimbal. There is already a frame design sold for the p3 electronics. Its kind of a Mavic inspired design with foldable arms and the gimbal trey is in the body. Its a pretty neat conept. If I had a p3 laying around I would do it, its pretty cool and its pretty cheap.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules