Bug in the Inspire 2 Lightbridge?
1027 6 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfaa669fa
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi:
we´re having issues with our Inspire 2 for live feed. We went to a test with the OB truck and the engineer said it was "unacceptable". And we had to give him the reason, as the signal has a strange "breathing". Tested everything. All the setup combinations and always the same. Went from .240 to .330 and the same.We started this discussion some time ago, but now we are shure it is there.
The issue is almost invisible (unless you had this engineer eye!), but if you look for it, it is there. The way we could certainly and clearly watch it is framing a "siemens star" in front of the lens. And with a big, full HD display (you will not notice it in the ipad, small monitor or cheap HD monitor) you can notice that the center of the star, the one that shows you sharp focus, "breathes", "pulses", in a cycle of two seconds aprox. We reached the conclusion that is a huge variation in bitrate that makes the image go from a sharp one to a slightly soft one. That`s all. But unacceptable anyway.
We checked it against the Inspire 1: horrible video quality, but stable...
And we say it is a bug because we checked every i2 we could find, and it is there (with the "siemens star" it shows clearly). Another way of noticing it is to lower the bitrate to the minimum.
Nobody noticed this? If the image woud be average, but stable, we wouldn´t have any issue. We need to stop this "scan" or "refresh" of the bitrate. You can notice that this "refresh" scrolls the image from top to bottom.
Has anyone noticed this and could do something?
Has anyone tried to add a suplementary video sender on the i2?
Best regards!

2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a sample of what you're getting? What mobile device and Go app version are you using? Is everything up to date firmware wise?
2017-6-20
Use props
fans49a482bb
New

Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 12:39
Could you happen to provide a sample of what you're getting? What mobile device and Go app version are you using? Is everything up to date firmware wise?

Hi:
I´m answering from my original account
We have everything checked:
Tried with every setup combination. 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, 720 and 1080, broadcast and non broadcast. Changed the bitrate
Running FW  .240 and then .330
With an ipad 2
RC master and slave HDMI outputs
Unfortately, we do not have yet a video that shows clearly the issue. But of course it is there and checked in several i2 (from different places: two direct from China and another bought in the USA).
Can you possibly check what I´m suggesting at the factory?
frame a siemens star (or something with very sharp angles. Ideally the star)
Expose properly
whatch the hdmi output in a big, full HD display:
The edges of the star pulses every two secons aprox.
The entire picture is affected but it shows clearly in the star.
looks to me like a  cyclic variation in the bitrate. Can it be fixed? Looks like an auto-bitrate setting scanning the best rate, but never stopping
2017-6-20
Use props
fans49a482bb
New

Argentina

fans49a482bb Posted at 2017-6-20 22:08
Hi:
I´m answering from my original account
We have everything checked:

I´ll try to send a video ASAP, but in the meantime can you ask the engineers?
I know it´s there. May be 99% of the people it is just not noticing it.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans49a482bb
New

Argentina

Could be related?
2017-6-20
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

2017-7-2
Use props
Ale Reynoso Cin
lvl.1
Argentina

Latest FW drone/rc/app
Ipad mini 2
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules