Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
change storage location to SD
24630 9 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BadBert
First Officer
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Hi Guys,

if this is on the forums... sorry for that, but the search function is not doing what i want (maybe i am not using is correctly ;) )

my phone does not have much internal space left, i have big apps on there.
i don't want to move apps to my sd card in case of a sdcard error/malfunction. Also, i want to be able to exchange my sdcard in my phone if i want to upgrade.

The DJI go app works fine on my android device, but all video and photo cache is stored on the internal memory?!

PLEASE tell me there is a way to get then directly on the external SD card, withoud having to copy them by hand after each flight or couple of flights....

as far as i know, on the latest android apps have permission to use the sdcard again?!
2017-6-20
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Captain
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Nope.  It's internal only.  It's very dependent on the fast memory that goes into he phone instead of the cheaper "storage" type memory that most people use in their phones.

I feel your pain.  On my S5 (8GB),  I was constantly moving things around to make space for the DJI app.  Even when you move apps to the SD card, they get moved back to internal storage when you update so it was a constant battle.  I think unless you buy a new phone, you're going to have just decide to start moving some apps off of the phone.
2017-6-20
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

If you want to root your phone, you can symlink folders. Meaning: you could move the cache folder when recording, to your SD card virtually and leave the app on the phone. Or even move the DJI Album folder to the SD card where it saves/downloads your full res pics from the drone during flight.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192122
2017-6-20
Use props
BadBert
First Officer
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Nees Posted at 2017-6-20 02:20
If you want to root your phone, you can symlink folders. Meaning: you could move the cache folder when recording, to your SD card virtually and leave the app on the phone. Or even move the DJI Album folder to the SD card where it saves/downloads your full res pics from the drone during flight.

Thanks for that tip.

i'll look into that and see if i want to root my phone.

a shame that the app does nog have the possibility to chose the storage location....
2017-6-20
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70778 ft
Switzerland

If you have an Android device, you should normally have an option available in the app DJI GO 4, to set the video cache on your device SD card.

I have this feature with my Galaxy TAB A, under Android Nougat (7.x) and I use it. It is in the general settings, section "video cache", 3rd parameter. If you can't see it, probably your device is not compatible with this feature. I hear also that IOS version of DJI GO 4 don't have this.
2017-12-2
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Look at the settings in General Settings.
2017-12-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

ad G-Sig points out in the image posted: You can set it so that "cache locally when recording" is switched off - as with caching of audio while recording - switch both off. The footage while still store to your drone sd which you can plug into via the drone with cable or by removing from drone and sticking into computer. The biggest draw back for me with this is that you can then not edit with skypixel but if you dont use skypixel then thats probably the way to go. 8 gig internal probably leaves about 3 gig after bloatware assuming you are running the devise super lean (no/very few other apps at all). Thats ok for taking pics but too limited for taking decent amount of video. I think that 16 gig should be the minimum bench mark but personally when it comes my time to upgrade i will be looking at 32 gig min and preferably 64 gig
2017-12-2
Use props
Storrage
New

Russia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-12-2 05:47
ad G-Sig points out in the image posted: You can set it so that "cache locally when recording" is switched off - as with caching of audio while recording - switch both off. The footage while still store to your drone sd which you can plug into via the drone with cable or by removing from drone and sticking into computer. The biggest draw back for me with this is that you can then not edit with skypixel but if you dont use skypixel then thats probably the way to go. 8 gig internal probably leaves about 3 gig after bloatware assuming you are running the devise super lean (no/very few other apps at all).  Storage companies near me https://gjmoving.com/   company G&J Moving. Thats ok for taking pics but too limited for taking decent amount of video. I think that 16 gig should be the minimum bench mark but personally when it comes my time to upgrade i will be looking at 32 gig min and preferably 64 gig

Yes, it is a reasonable approach
2020-11-26
Use props
Webmarketer2k21
New

United States

ACSoft Posted at 2017-12-2 04:12
If you have an Android device, you should normally have an option available in the app DJI GO 4, to set the video cache on your device SD card.

I have this feature with my Galaxy TAB A, under Android Nougat (7.x) and I use it. It is in the general settings, section "video cache", 3rd parameter. If you can't see it, probably your device is not compatible with this feature. I hear also that IOS version of DJI GO 4 don't have this.

This method also  works for me.

portable storage containers
2021-5-7
Use props
Webmarketer2k21
New

United States

2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now