Small dent in the intelligent flight battery - what should I do?
1477 5 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
altermaan
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone!

I took my Mavic out for a flight yesterday and when I wanted to recharge the intelligend flight batteries after I incidentally noticed a small dent on the bottom of one of the batteries (see attached picture). Can I keep using this battery or should I refrain from doing so?

Cheers,

Daniel
IMG_1625.JPG
2017-6-20
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

I've had a slight dent on the back of one of my batteries since I took it out of its package in December, and have been carefully monitoring its health on Airdata, watching the "volts & amps" tab for voltage drops, and the "Cells" tab for voltage deviations between cells. So far I haven't had any problems arise from the battery, though yours may be different. If you've been flying on that battery for a while and it's had this dent the whole time without anything going wrong, it still probably couldn't hurt to keep an eye on it.
2017-6-20
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hmmm, I dunno.

Any puncture on a LiPo type cell can't be good in my opinion

:/
2017-6-20
Use props
sundance87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423848 ft
Switzerland

Looks like a minor scratch to me. Of course LiPo's can't be fully trusted.
Here's what I would do: Set it aside a few days to see if the cell bulges. If not, fly it - just hovering close to the ground. Carefully cheking the individual cell voltage. If successful: Charge it back up and use it as normal.
2017-6-20
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Send it back for replacement you don't want the pouch venting in the machine as temperature changes.

Also something hit it to sustain that damage, you bought a new pack so make sure you get one.
2017-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might want to check with dji about that, remember battery warranty is only six months.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules