Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Notice of DJI GO update
123Next >
16652 87 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Dear customers,

DJI will release a new version of the DJI GO app this week. All customers will need to log into DJI GO again after this update, using the email address and password you used when you first set up your account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it through the app. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet and log in when you first use the updated app, or else flight operations will be restricted until you complete the login process. The new version of DJI GO ensures your drone has the proper geofencing data and other geospatial information for the area where you are operating. It does not change any operating parameters for your drone. Once you log into the new version of DJI GO, your drone should operate exactly the same as it did before the update.
2017-6-20
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

Nice explanation of update.
2017-6-20
Use props
gfab71
Captain
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

A New version of DJI GO4 to download from Google Play Store (i'm an Android user..) , or an UPDATE of the existing version ?
2017-6-20
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

I'm guessing it isnt the GO 4, since there is no mention of it.
2017-6-20
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

so...is this an update to fix the problems with the spark?
2017-6-20
Use props
gfab71
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

ok, so we can expect a BRAND NEW version of the DJI GO app (for example DJIGO 5 or similar...) ??
Please specify the EXACT version of the DJI GO app we have to install once will be released ok ? Thank you DJI Team for all your good work !!
2017-6-20
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

gfab71 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:36
ok, so we can expect a BRAND NEW version of the DJI GO app (for example DJIGO 5 or similar...) ??
Please specify the EXACT version of the DJI GO app we have to install once will be released ok ? Thank you DJI Team for all your good work !!

This is exactly the same notice that was issued for the DJI GO4 application 2 weeks ago. This is just bringing the GO app to the same level as Go4
2017-6-20
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Go4? Or just Go?
2017-6-20
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nd-firmware-updates here is the link to the update.
2017-6-20
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

sorry i didn't have my glasses on, i thought it was from today
2017-6-20
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669026 ft
United States

Is this the up date that also says "any pictures or videos shot with a dji product are property of  dji" ?
2017-6-20
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.1
United States

gfab71 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:36

"Good Job"? You haven't been doing this long or are some kind of masochist.

2017-6-20
Use props
SteveHalford
lvl.1
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:45
This is exactly the same notice that was issued for the DJI GO4 application 2 weeks ago. This is just bringing the GO app to the same level as Go4

No it's not !!! Read the fine print.
2017-6-20
Use props
gfab71
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Uhm... why my smartphone (Android) was running the 4.0.7 version , and on the Google Play Store is available the 4.1.2 ?? Why DJI GO4 app doesn't appear in the 'app updates' page ?

Now i've uninstalled the 4.0.7 version and installed the latest version of the Play Store (4.1.2)
2017-6-20
Use props
gfab71
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

SteveHalford Posted at 2017-6-20 07:02
"Good Job"? You haven't been doing this long or are some kind of masochist.

It was more a wish, a hope that a good job will be done ;)
2017-6-20
Use props
gfab71
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

^O^' ... argh ..
2017-6-20
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

I, for one, welcome our new drone overlords.... Seriously folks, do you really believe software updates are for 'keeping you down'?  Grow up for Newton's sake!
2017-6-20
Use props
fansa686c875
New
United States

Will the update fix 5.8Ghz support for iOS?
2017-6-20
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126270 ft
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:45

Hopefully not, in which it causes the application to crash during mid-flight.

I have been in touch with their "tech" support, and I am not pleased with their answer.
Having no issues with the previous version on a Samsung Galaxy S8+, and going to app crashing mid flight after the update, this was their answer:

Since you are using a device that is not yet supported by DJI, I would suggest to use a device that is supported and see if it will work.

Here are the list of the updated mobile devices supported.

Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c,
    Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9,
    Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.

Hope this will help.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Dante
DJI Technical Support

This was my reply:

Dante,

While I can still understand the reason for suggesting devices you currently have tested, I am a cell phone store manager.
Your answer of suggesting to use a different device is like me telling my customers that since their Samsung phone is broken, to purchase a different phone.

This is not a resolution to the issue at hand, and I am not the only one having this issue per your forums, even though this is a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Further more, I have paid a good deal of money for your drone.  Having done so, I should not be expected to invest more money in a device to fly it.
This is on your software developer's hands at this point, of which they need to update the software.  If you don't believe me, I suggest that you submit the reviews that have been left via the Google store for both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 as proof.

For the record, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ has been out now for 3 months.  There should be no reason why this device is not supported.
Telling your customers to purchase a new device is not a valid solution to your current software issue, especially since we have spent 1400.00 or more on your drones.  I await a more reasonable explanation and resolution.

Hopefully they will fix this or I will return my drone (as much as I don't want to).
Somehow I get the feeling that DJI is in bed with Apple, and I'll be damned if I'm going to purchase a new device just to fly.  As their customers we should not be expected to fork out more money for a device to function with their software that they clearly have every power to fix.  Further more, we have already invested enough money on their products to begin with at 1400.00 or more.  

THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!
2017-6-20
Use props
Bonnie Jones
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-20
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

looks like only the Go, to bring it up to date with the las Go 4, apparently...
2017-6-20
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Hank Anderson Posted at 2017-6-20 08:44
Hopefully not, in which it causes the application to crash during mid-flight.

I have been in touch with their "tech" support, and I am not pleased with their answer.

Buying a Device that is unsupported with the phone you use ... then complaining about it ...??? wow ... are you crazy ? ... there are literally thousands of devices unsupported by the app  .... The supported devices are clearly listed ... why don't you go and complain on the samsung website and demand they fix their phone so it supports the app ?  .....  Dji have absolutely no responsibility at all to support the s8 why would they ?? IT WAS NOT LISTED AS A SUPPORTED DEVICE ....  Obviously they will eventually support the s8 because it's a popular phone ... so you'll just have to wait ... the only person at fault here is YOU.   How could you possibly not understand this ?  
2017-6-20
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Their list of supported android devices is embarrassing. Not supporting the S8 - the 2nd best selling phone model in the world - is crazy.
2017-6-20
Use props
RJM316
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hold the bus DJI.  I spent thousands on an inspire 2 and upgraded from an inspire 1 to find there was less functions but now you are charging for the right to use POI in the DJI GS Pro app.  Come on!!  Scraping the barrel now.
2017-6-20
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

geofencing ? fixing the camera so it looks great without having to be a video editing professional should be top of the list along with fixing random drops and fly offs mentioned on the forum, not sure what DJI GO is as i use DJI GO 4 for Mavic but I sure hope it fixes things.
2017-6-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SteveHalford Posted at 2017-6-20 06:56
Is this the up date that also says "any pictures or videos shot with a dji product are property of  dji" ?

Steve, I've been trying to find where this is stated, as this should be a major concern for DJI owners if it's accurate. Can you advise?
2017-6-20
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

update with no problem, made a test flight, everything it is ok ...
2017-6-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Although I don't use my android phone anymore for flying, it still has the DJI GO 4 app on it. It did an update today but it is still the same version number.
2017-6-20
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-6-20 11:23
Buying a Device that is unsupported with the phone you use ... then complaining about it ...??? wow ... are you crazy ? ... there are literally thousands of devices unsupported by the app  .... The supported devices are clearly listed ... why don't you go and complain on the samsung website and demand they fix their phone so it supports the app ?  .....  Dji have absolutely no responsibility at all to support the s8 why would they ?? IT WAS NOT LISTED AS A SUPPORTED DEVICE ....  Obviously they will eventually support the s8 because it's a popular phone ... so you'll just have to wait ... the only person at fault here is YOU.   How could you possibly not understand this ?

actually, i read somewhere yesterday that the dji go 4 app is supposed to support the Galaxy S5 and above
2017-6-21
Use props
flymonkey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45997 ft
South Africa

gfab71 Posted at 2017-6-20 06:12
A New version of DJI GO4 to download from Google Play Store (i'm an Android user..) , or an UPDATE of the existing version ?

Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 work fine with the Spark and RC Controller?
2017-6-21
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126270 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-6-20 11:23

What you fail to understand is that most of us who have purchased one of their drones did so without the want to purchase a device to operate it.  That's the same thing as going to a car dealer, and them selling you the car, only to find out you now have to buy a compatible motor for it.  

There is nothing wrong with the Samsung S8 family of devices, and it's not just the S8's that are having an issue with Go 4.  Read up on the Google Play store for the Go 4 app.  This isn't a matter of an incompatible device, of which worked perfectly with the app until their latest update, it's a lack of Quality control on their software developers end.  To not support this device being it is one of the highly sold devices would be a bad move on their part.  Further more, for DJI to specifically tell you to get another device is ridiculous considering what we have all invested thus far.

If they are in bed with Apple, then don't develop an android app.  It's that simple.

So as you put it, the fault is not Mine, it's DJI's for not using proper quality control.  As I said, the app worked perfectly prior to it's recent update.  So explain that one for all of us here...if you can.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansbb2ba54c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20397 ft
Switzerland

Sorry, but this makes the drone completely useless!!!! I bought this drone to be able on places, where there is no internet! I am working on a documentary up in the mountains of Switzerland, where there is no possibility to connect to the internet! If this stays so, I want my money back and want buy any DJI drone anymore, becouse then the drone has become completely useless to me!
2017-6-21
Use props
Johncoffee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1502290 ft
Switzerland

fansbb2ba54c Posted at 2017-6-21 12:01
Sorry, but this makes the drone completely useless!!!! I bought this drone to be able on places, where there is no internet! I am working on a documentary up in the mountains of Switzerland, where there is no possibility to connect to the internet! If this stays so, I want my money back and want buy any DJI drone anymore, becouse then the drone has become completely useless to me!

You need to read the instructions more accurately: You don't need a actual internet connection when flying your drone. Just the new registration process needs it once.

2017-6-21
Use props
Gugelhopf007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20397 ft
Switzerland

Johncoffee Posted at 2017-6-21 12:20
You need to read the instructions more accurately: You don't need a actual internet connection when flying your drone. Just the new registration process needs it once.

It happend to me allready three times since the update. Ones I managed to find a Restaurant with Wifi, the other two times I had to give up. Inbetween I had been at home, reconnecting the remote control to the internet. To me it seems, that the software wants a connection every time I am trying to fly...
2017-6-21
Use props
fans7c65ffca
New
United States

Stupid. Why do I need to download a whole new 250 MB app to continue using my drone? Why did you break the old app? I will never buy another DJI product again.
2017-6-21
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

No thank you...
2017-6-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Does the update actually fix anything? If not, why would we want to update?
2017-6-21
Use props
KodiaRok
lvl.1
Switzerland

Is the Update out yet ? The Information given is a bit decrypted to me.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with the DJI Go4 App and so far no issues, no crashes of the App(fingers crossed).

Still I do expect from DJI to come out with a App that is worth the Cost of such rather Expensive Drones. It's not a Toy for me so I expect Quality from both Hard & Software. I they sleep with Apple, they should not even think about developing an app for Android and so on.

2017-6-21
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.3

Singapore

I started off using Samsung S7edge with Osmo Mobile. I still have my S7 Edge although I have moved on to S8+. 4k recording via DJI GO is available for S7 Edge but not S8+. Given a choice, I would be better off buying a normal gimbal and use default camera app.
2017-6-22
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

"this week"? WHEN?
2017-6-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now