Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
inconsistent firmware found
2241 8 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

I just unboxed my P4P - it was sitting at another site for the past two weeks so has the past firmware versions. When I start the DJI Go ap I get a message saying:Inconsistent firmware found

[size=14.666666984558105px]then the update message appears. I don;t know if the Inconsistent firmware message simply means that I have the previous firmware versions and an update is available or if there actually is a problem between the versions running on the RC and the one on the drone - no further info in any FAQ I can find.
Does anyone know what his message means and if it is indicating there wil be a problme when I fly the drone? So far, the flight sim seems to be working.
[size=14.666666984558105px]

2017-6-20
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Just download the DJI Assistant 2 software install into your PC/Mac and run the application then power on your aircraft and connect the microUSB from the aircraft to PC/Mac then update the latest firmware, also do the same with your RC as well.

DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2

2017-6-20
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-20 07:20
Just download the DJI Assistant 2 software install into your PC/Mac and run the application then power on your aircraft and connect the microUSB from the aircraft to PC/Mac then update the latest firmware, also do the same with your RC as well.

DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2

Sorry, but there is NO CHANCE that I am going to upgrade to the latest firmware until DJI acknowledges and fixes the vast amount of bugs that people all over the world have reported at numerous forums, including this one (see today's messages alone). No one from DJI at any forum I have seen has even acknowledged how buggy this relsase is despite dozens and doxzens of user reports of problems and the only reply people get is Do it Again.

What is the version number of the PREVIOUS version of the RC and the drone - the one that my drone came with? I need to see if I am running a pair of firmware releases from the same version or if one is new and one is previous.
2017-6-20
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

It is saying that your battery firmware needs to be updated is all. You will be okay to slide it over and update.. When you do - you will see the battery lights change and flash rapidly as it is being updated.
2017-6-20
Use props
Capo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Most of the issues are with the upgrade process itself. Getting the RC updated to match the drone can sometimes be a challenge (including me using a different device to update it), but once installed seems solid so far.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-20 10:04
It is saying that your battery firmware needs to be updated is all. You will be okay to slide it over and update.. When you do - you will see the battery lights change and flash rapidly as it is being updated.

Thanks for the tip - and how did you know that? Curious where someone finds out such info in the docs, assuming it is there.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-6-20 10:06
Most of the issues are with the upgrade process itself. Getting the RC updated to match the drone can sometimes be a challenge (including me using a different device to update it), but once installed seems solid so far.

Should the drone and RC version numbers be the same? My Current Version in Assistant  says 01.01.0203 and the About/ver number on the RC is 01.03.00.00. Should I upgrade the drone to 01.03.0509 to make the compatible or is that necessary. No flying as of yet so no way to know if things would work as is.
2017-6-21
Use props
Capo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-21 07:01
Should the drone and RC version numbers be the same? My Current Version in Assistant  says 01.01.0203 and the About/ver number on the RC is 01.03.00.00. Should I upgrade the drone to 01.03.0509 to make the compatible or is that necessary. No flying as of yet so no way to know if things would work as is.

I don't think they are exactly the same but close. The DJI app should tell you if they are incompatible. Also, When I upgraded and the RC wasn't matched, the RC blinked between red and green. Once resolved it connected green. Not sure if previous versions did that, but I'm not the only one that saw this with the latest. When I switched to a phone rather then the tablet, it saw the RC was off and updated it.
2017-6-21
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-21 06:54
Thanks for the tip - and how did you know that? Curious where someone finds out such info in the docs, assuming it is there.

I was on the home screen and saw it one day and slid the button.. I watched the battery start flashing - then I checked out the rest of my batteries and they needed to be updated as well. Happens after firmware updates usually or new batteries.. I just received a new battery yesterday and had to update its firmware as well.

Yes, DJI is not good at documenting their systems..
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules