Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles - Really nice
1204 2 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my goggles yesterday and took the mavic for spin this morning after becoming familiar with the goggle's features yesterday at home.

Wow. It's really an incredible experience. I've been flying FPV since 2011.. still have my fatsharks and my DIY fpv aircraft. The experience with the DJI Goggles + Mavic however is a whole new level. The picture quality is very impressive, it's *very* smooth video especially 720p60.. and the whole thing gives you a new experience with the mavic. Using the goggles in head tracking mode is out of this world. I'm also able to see tiny details on the screen that I would never see before on my phone/tablet.

After 20 minute flight, goggles had 94% battery left.

Just a few minor cons:
- it is a bit heavy (especially if you own an Oculus rift)
- you can't record in 4k on your mavic if your goggles are in 720p60 mode
- There is an sd card slot in the goggles, but it doesn't let you record the flight, like your phone does. I wish I could record the whole screen.
- It looks absolutely ridiculous, and hard to be aware of your surroundings. Why in the world did you guys make this thing white. The whole thing screams "I'm flying a DRONE and have expensive equipment". I'm buying a decal set for the goggles to tone it down a bit. I would've loved to see the goggles in the flat-gray mavic look.

Apart from the pluses I mentioned.. a few nice surprises:

- It works really nice in HDMI mode, hooked up the PC, PS4 to it and looks really nice.
- Super comfortable
- two main pieces detach to better fit your bag
- touch panel is easy to use.

One last thing. I don't recommend getting the goggles + the mavic together at once if you're new to DJI/drones. It can be overwhelming for a beginner and the crash risks are pretty high. Other than that.. money well spent.

TL/DR: buy them
2017-6-20
Use props
iPa64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210436 ft
Switzerland

You can record 2k7 with googles in 1080p
2017-7-19
Use props
iPa64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210436 ft
Switzerland

You can record 2k7 with googles in 1080p or you can record 4K with googles in 720p
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules