8564 19 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numptee Nuts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Was using the spark fine yesterday with remote and s8+. Tried it today and all i get is an Aircraft Disconnected in the dji app. I link to the remote. no more than that.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tony
2017-6-20
Use props
Numptee Nuts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144 ft
United Kingdom

ha ha no worries I had to setup the link between them again. Worried if this has happened already.
2017-6-20
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

happens to me a lot
2017-6-22
Use props
fans67693f4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605010 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just had my remote disconnect from Spark during flight indoors. Spark descended to 1 foot above floor and I had no control. Tried to cycle power on remote with no success would just constantly beep.   I finally pressed power button and pause button simultaneously and remote shut down. I was then able to restart and connect to my iPhone 7s and the Spark just before critical battery warning. FYI just performed latest firmware update yesterday for both remote and controller. Glad it happened indoors and was quickly able to figure out a hard shut down for the remote.
2017-6-22
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans67693f4a Posted at 2017-6-22 07:34
Just had my remote disconnect from Spark during flight indoors. Spark descended to 1 foot above floor and I had no control. Tried to cycle power on remote with no success would just constantly beep.   I finally pressed power button and pause button simultaneously and remote shut down. I was then able to restart and connect to my iPhone 7s and the Spark just before critical battery warning. FYI just performed latest firmware update yesterday for both remote and controller. Glad it happened indoors and was quickly able to figure out a hard shut down for the remote.

Exactly what is happening to me. Indoors it just loses link to the RC and sits above the floor. I have to grab it and push the battery button. Very scary, almost get cut. I am terrified this is gonna happen when it is far away from me
2017-6-22
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

i'm a complete beginner and am only using my spark in beginner mode. i do not (yet) have a remote controller so i'm using my nexus 5 (android) phone. my spark often disconnects even when it's not launched, and can be very difficult to reconnect - I have to re-enter the PW, or switch off /on the drone,  and sometimes doing both (and still doesn't work. but what worries me most are the disconnects during flights. surely it should be more reliable? what is going on?
2017-6-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

paulhummerman Posted at 2017-6-23 08:38
i'm a complete beginner and am only using my spark in beginner mode. i do not (yet) have a remote controller so i'm using my nexus 5 (android) phone. my spark often disconnects even when it's not launched, and can be very difficult to reconnect - I have to re-enter the PW, or switch off /on the drone,  and sometimes doing both (and still doesn't work. but what worries me most are the disconnects during flights. surely it should be more reliable? what is going on?

Paul, unfortunately this seems to be a common issue.  Those of use with remotes don't encounter the issue quite as much.
2017-6-23
Use props
fanscaaed9dd
New
Flight distance : 9813 ft
United States

I was just flying my Spark outdoors tonight catching some fireworks (with the RC)... was 216 feet up when the image on my iPhone screen froze and then changed to the disconnected screen.  The Spark slowly hovered back down to home.  I had only got straight up from launch so I am not sure on the RTH, if I had moved, if it would have come to that point and down or down and to that point (which would have been an obstacle nightmare), basically does the X or Y axis come first.  I also experienced not having any control over the drone via the RC or the iPhone and being in a public park felt like a real idiot having people watch me watching my drone hover at roughly 12 inches waiting for the battery to die... aka the longest 5 minutes ever.  Any ideas??
2017-7-4
Use props
Advantage
New
Flight distance : 55328 ft
United States

I had heard about all the disconnecting issues and so I bought the tether to hardwire the connection between the iPhone 6s+ and RC.  I think that it was not active because I still connected the RC via wiFi?

This morning I decided it was time to exit beginner mode and get a bit more distance.  I was only about 200 feet from my launch point when the AC disconnected. It automatically elevated and (sort of) RTH on its own.  It hovered about 18 inches above the ground roughly 8 feet away from where I had launched.  The RC was completely unresponsive and I couldn't figure out any way to get control over the quad again.  It was a long 5-ish minutes waiting for the battery to discharge and the quad to actually land.

Glad I had the prop guards on because the point of landing was in a sagebrush.  For those that are curious the auto RTH brings it back to close to launch point and then descends.  That means the next time I launch I will try for an area that is at least 10 or more feet clear.  I was only about 5 feet away from a power pole and was concerned that it would drift into it or the power lines on descent.

So is there any kind of resolution for this disconnection issue?
2017-7-9
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Unfortunately, I'm having similar issues. Many people have these problems with RC disconnecting even in perfect line of sight and under 100m away
2017-7-9
Use props
djiuser_oUn3550
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50187 ft
United Kingdom

Same same...
Quite scared...outdoor flight, for the second time, few meters from me and 5 meters high: "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"........HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!?!?!

Latest firmware on spark and remote control.

Can't trust the drone anymore

DJI MUST GIVE US AN ANSWER AND A SOLUTION!!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_oUn3550 Posted at 2017-8-21 00:45
Same same...
Quite scared...outdoor flight, for the second time, few meters from me and 5 meters high: "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"........HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!?!?!

Are you able to use the RC to control the drone when it says aircraft disconnected? Is the drone triggered RTH? What mobile device are you using?  What is the APP version?
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_oUn3550
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-21 01:39
Are you able to use the RC to control the drone when it says aircraft disconnected? Is the drone triggered RTH? What mobile device are you using?  What is the APP version?

Yes, I was able to control the drone but I had no connection between the smartphone (NEXUS 7) and the remote control.
Running the latest updated app 4.1.5

No RTH triggered.

I've landed the drone manually only under my own control.

Thank you
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_oUn3550 Posted at 2017-8-21 07:44
Yes, I was able to control the drone but I had no connection between the smartphone (NEXUS 7) and the remote control.
Running the latest updated app 4.1.5

I would recommend you try to reinstall the App, then try to run the App when your phone is in the airplane mode. Besides, have you tried other mobile devices? If yes, how is it going?
2017-8-22
Use props
djiuser_oUn3550
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-22 20:54
I would recommend you try to reinstall the App, then try to run the App when your phone is in the airplane mode. Besides, have you tried other mobile devices? If yes, how is it going?

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Yesterday I've tried my spark with the latest Firmware release for drone and remote.

So far so good: no problem of disconnecting drone, only some lack of video (as always) due to the 5Gh connection...

I'll keep you posted

Thank you
2017-8-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2017-6-22 16:56
Exactly what is happening to me. Indoors it just loses link to the RC and sits above the floor. I have to grab it and push the battery button. Very scary, almost get cut. I am terrified this is gonna happen when it is far away from me

Tilt it!
Before you switch it off! ;-)

(oopsi, very old post, sry)
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_oUn3550 Posted at 2017-8-23 05:41
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

You are welcome, hope everything goes well.
2017-8-24
Use props
djw55
New
United States

Updated firmware on 8/22...haven't been able to connect RC since. Aircraft disconnected. Status says gimble disconnected (gimble works fine from phone).
2017-8-24
Use props
Zwolf
New
Flight distance : 335 ft
Israel

Same here this morning...
latest firmware, fresh Nexus 7 2013 with only Dji Go 4 App, Tablet in flight mode, WiFi off and using OTG cable to connect to RC.
50m altitude 100m ground distance AC disconnect. I activated RTH and it landed within 2m. Very bad experience. Can't Trust the link. Dji Please solve it.      
2017-9-3
Use props
fans9fbe51ed
New
Flight distance : 110472 ft
Ireland

may sound like repetition but after 6 months using DJI spark with no problems, I was flying in a quiet beach when it suddenly lost connection with the RC controller and the drone started to fly up non stop!! It went so high I lost track (it just went up, nothing more). I was there waiting for about 6, 7 min when the drone started to descend (due to the battery, not RTH). That was the weirdest experience ever (And the drone almost landed on water as I had 0 control )
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules