Autofocus all over the place
1556 7 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

So since the .800 firmware update and the 4.1.2 go update, my autofocus is a mess.  To put it simply it just isn't working properly.  The camera used to autofocus perfectly but now everything is getting fuzzy, all the time.  I have to manually focus but then obviously autofocus screws up.  Definitely a problem.  I could post videos but I don't see the point as DJI must be aware anyway.  For the record I'm shooting in 4k 24fps.  If I absolutely must post a video then I will but my upload bandwidth is crap.

EDIT:  Have added an example video.  You can see it loses focus when I make the turn and it never recovers.
2017-6-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You might try downgrading your firmware and then reinstalling -- haven't noticed any focus issues with my Mavic running same versions.
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

What's your build date?  Mine is March 2017. The thing is all hardware is different and I'd rather see if anyone else is seeing this behaviour first.
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

I have added an example video.
2017-6-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-20 13:24
What's your build date?  Mine is March 2017. The thing is all hardware is different and I'd rather see if anyone else is seeing this behaviour first.

Mine's much earlier than yours, first flew in January.
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Downgraded to 700 on both RC and Mavic and still got the same problem.  It's just not autofocusing.  I have to manually focus all the time.  I never used to get this problem.  So if it's not the firmware could it be the DJI Go App?
I'm using DJI Go 4.1.2 on iOS.
2017-6-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-20 13:05
You might try downgrading your firmware and then reinstalling -- haven't noticed any focus issues with my Mavic running same versions.

You sir are a steely eyed missile man.  After downgrading to 700 then back up to 800 using the assistant, guess what, AF is back and working fine.  Which begs the question why was it failing with the original 800 installation I performed over the air?  One thing I also noticed was slight interference when close to the drone if I didn't have airplane mode on.

Anyway, thanks Ex Machina for the advice, worked like a charm.
2017-6-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-20 16:29
You sir are a steely eyed missile man.  After downgrading to 700 then back up to 800 using the assistant, guess what, AF is back and working fine.  Which begs the question why was it failing with the original 800 installation I performed over the air?  One thing I also noticed was slight interference when close to the drone if I didn't have airplane mode on.

Anyway, thanks Ex Machina for the advice, worked like a charm.

Glad it helped, it's one of the typical steps support will have you to try before throwing in the towel and asking  you to send it in.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules