Latest Transmitter Firmware Update
926 8 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0ed4dd36
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone else lost the ability to calibrate the compass from the aircraft status bar after the latest firmware update?

2017-6-20
Use props
fans0ed4dd36
lvl.1
United States

KMAUMFJA's
2017-6-21
Use props
fans78567b5c
New
Flight distance : 525761 ft
United States

Yes mine is the same way after the update. I dint know if that's what was supposed to happen
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You should be able to do so, can you please provide a screenshot? Can you verify your firmware/app versions?
2017-6-21
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 18:53
You should be able to do so, can you please provide a screenshot? Can you verify your firmware/app versions?

I got the same missing status.
Using android

Go 4 v4.1.2(265-gpPhone)

2017-6-21
Use props
fans0ed4dd36
lvl.1
United States

Oh really...I understand what you're saying
2017-10-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it's quite clever now, if the compass needs calibration (very unlikely) then it will show compass error and calibration button appears in aircraft Status bar, if no calibration is needed then no error is shown, and the button will not appear.

You should only calibrate compass when advised by DJI Go 4, as stated in the manual. If you do see compass errors, then the first thing to do is move the aircraft away from any potential source of magnetic interference and see if it still reports an error. If no error then it's okay to fly.

You can test this out yourself, with all powered up and connected. If you hold a table spoon (metal not plastic :-) ) beside the bottom of the front left leg as you look at front of aircraft (Or it is on my P4), then you will see a compass error appear in the status bar, and also the 'calibrate' button. Move spoon away and it disappears.
This is a good demonstration of why you need to move aircraft and recheck if any compass errors occur, you don't know what could be buried under your feet (Pipes, cables, demolished steel buildings).

Edit:- At least, that's how it is now. May have been different four months ago (I just realised this was an old post).

2017-10-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-8 05:33
Well it's quite clever now, if the compass needs calibration (very unlikely) then it will show compass error and calibration button appears in aircraft Status bar, if no calibration is needed then no error is shown, and the button will not appear.

You should only calibrate compass when advised by DJI Go 4, as stated in the manual. If you do see compass errors, then the first thing to do is move the aircraft away from any potential source of magnetic interference and see if it still reports an error. If no error then it's okay to fly.

So in other words, if you experience some strange behavior in flight and want to calibrate the compass, you have to provoke the failure in order to calibrate?
2017-10-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-8 07:10
So in other words, if you experience some strange behavior in flight and want to calibrate the compass, you have to provoke the failure in order to calibrate?

What it means is that if the system requests a compass calibration then the calibration button will be available in the Aircraft Status List. Presumably they have done it like this to reduce the amount of unnecessary compass calibrations that may have been taking place.

For those wanting to investigate erratic flight then they will likely be familiar with the workings of DJI Go 4 and will access the compass calibration through the usual menus rather than the shortcut which may appear in the Aircraft Status.

For those not too familiar with DJI Go 4 the compass calibration can be found in DJI Go 4 as follows:-

'Main Controller Settings'/'Advanced Settings'/'Sensors'/'Compass Tab'/'Calibrate Compass'.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules