Mavic keeps drifting off to the left? Also the tilt of the camera
1124 3 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

When I take my hands off of the controller the mavic drifts to the left and down, is there a way to stop this? I tried calibrating it, calibrating the IMU, and restarting it, but that didn't work. Also, if I rotate the drone using the yaw, the camera doesn't stay level, and keeps tilting to the left or the right, not keeping the horizon line centered. Any ideas on how to fix these?
2017-6-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If you calibrate the IMU on a tilted surface that tilt angle will be recorded as the level reference, which will cause drift when flying. Read IMU Calibration Tips & Info for more details. Maybe your gimbal issue will straighten out as well, but one thing at a time.

Try recalibrating the IMU on a surface on which you've confirmed with a bubble level that the surface actually is level.

2017-6-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The other thing to check is if there's anything wrapped around one of your props that could cause it to turn more slowly than it should -- I've found grass, straw and, believe it or not, a lot of hair wrapped around props that have caused problems. That'll teach me to fly in a park popular with dog owners. ;)
2017-6-20
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-20 19:59
The other thing to check is if there's anything wrapped around one of your props that could cause it to turn more slowly than it should -- I've found grass, straw and, believe it or not, a lot of hair wrapped around props that have caused problems. That'll teach me to fly in a park popular with dog owners. ;)

I'll try that out, thanks!
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules