Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New P4P Camera Offcenter
450 4 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought a new P4P and I have a camera that looks to the left. I've done IMU, Compass and Gimbal calibrations to no avail. I even tried turning it manually as outlined in another post. Nothing straightens it.  Does this issue have a solution yet?

2017-6-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes Brian - the gimbal sometimes slips in transit. There's a process for it buried in this forum. I suggest you try searching, and I'll have a look myself whan I have the chance.
Essentially, it involves you manually turning the gimbal to a left (or right?) extremeity a couple of times to reseat the rubber washer properly, then do a gimbal calibration which involves putting it on it's backside (camera straight up).

[Edit] Found it: Starts with Natalia's post #10.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid743382
2017-6-20
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-20 19:06
Yes Brian - the gimbal sometimes slips in transit. There's a process for it buried in this forum. I suggest you try searching, and I'll have a look myself whan I have the chance.
Essentially, it involves you manually turning the gimbal to a left (or right?) extremeity a couple of times to reseat the rubber washer properly, then do a gimbal calibration which involves putting it on it's backside (camera straight up).

I tried this and it works for one flight and crooked again. Also if I break it then up screwed.
2017-6-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-20 19:27
I tried this and it works for one flight and crooked again. Also if I break it then up screwed.

OK - sorry to hear. See what Natalia returns in the other thread, but sounds like you need to get it back to DJI. If it's just out of the box then you may be able to agrue a DOA with who you bought it through.
2017-6-20
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-20 19:50
OK - sorry to hear. See what Natalia returns in the other thread, but sounds like you need to get it back to DJI. If it's just out of the box then you may be able to agrue a DOA with who you bought it through.

Yeah it's probably going back.  I appreciate your response.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules