Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How long to assess new p4p fault?
1049 13 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wondering how long one can expect to wait for Dji warranty assessment...

8 Jun - Accident due to RC and compass issues
9 Jun - Booked in
13 Jun - P4P picked up
14 Jun - They received it. My case page says wait 1-2 days for assessment
19 Jun - Request via email from Dji technician for TXT file off my phone. Sent to them within an hour.
21 Jun - My case page still says wait 1-2 days for assessment

Given it was a less than 2 week old machine with mechanical faults and I had some jobs to do on 20 Jun with it (and had to embarrasingly use my Mavic!) is this turnaround normal?

Cheers Gary
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gary, could you please provide us your case number so we can escalate it?
2017-6-21
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-21 04:55
Gary, could you please provide us your case number so we can escalate it?

Sure Thor - much appreciated... CAS-698885-Q2Y0C9 
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-21 14:46
Sure Thor - much appreciated... CAS-698885-Q2Y0C9 

Thank you for your update. I've checked the case, it's undergoing data analysis, and support representative has sent you an email about the exact time of incident. Since you have sent the flight record to us, I think the time would be on 2017-6-8 right?
2017-6-21
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-21 20:32
Thank you for your update. I've checked the case, it's undergoing data analysis, and support representative has sent you an email about the exact time of incident. Since you have sent the flight record to us, I think the time would be on 2017-6-8 right?

Yes 8 June at 4pm approx.
2017-6-21
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-21 20:32

As I mentioned above, only had one email from support on Monday asking for a txt file off phone for the incident. There was no video as I was coming into land after doing some test stills.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-21 21:41
As I mentioned above, only had one email from support on Monday asking for a txt file off phone for the incident. There was no video as I was coming into land after doing some test stills.

Data analysis has been complete, we will have someone to contact you about the details, please note the email. Should you have further questions, please keep us updated.
2017-6-21
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-21 23:36
Data analysis has been complete, we will have someone to contact you about the details, please note the email. Should you have further questions, please keep us updated.

Many many thanks for speeding up the process and the diagnosis agreed that the remote stick was faulty and caused the Phantom to fly of it's own accord into a tree. But... as the machine was less than two weeks I was under the impression under warranty a new replacement would be sent, instead it seems they are doing the minor repairs and sending it back, and it states that even a different serial number may be sent back, I guess of a refurbished and possibly much older machine?

Appreciate you looking into it. Again through no fault of my own the p4p flew by itself due to faulty remote. Within two weeks I would have hoped for a new replacement?

Best Gary
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-22 22:12
Many many thanks for speeding up the process and the diagnosis agreed that the remote stick was faulty and caused the Phantom to fly of it's own accord into a tree. But... as the machine was less than two weeks I was under the impression under warranty a new replacement would be sent, instead it seems they are doing the minor repairs and sending it back, and it states that even a different serial number may be sent back, I guess of a refurbished and possibly much older machine?

Appreciate you looking into it. Again through no fault of my own the p4p flew by itself due to faulty remote. Within two weeks I would have hoped for a new replacement?

The aircraft body has been replaced, RC is in good condition after calibration. According to our After-Sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty.
Product and Part Replacement.png
2017-6-22
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-22 22:37
The aircraft body has been replaced, RC is in good condition after calibration. According to our After-Sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty.

Thanks Mindy. Looks like it has already been shipped out!

So apparently the unit being sent back has according to the serial numbers:
1 - my old gimbal
2 - my remote (which caused the issue) and
3 - the hi cap battery
But 4  - the body has been replaced with one with serial 0AXDE1C0A30547 - that I am guessing is a new one? As the p4p was less than two weeks old I am really hoping the body is not a refurb - I have after all spent $2500 on a product that within two weeks of purchase had a problem and most other manufacturers would have replaced with new vs treating as a warranty a few months past purchase.

Thanks Gary
2017-6-23
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wish Dji would use another carrier - been waiting for my p4p to get back to me for over 8 days now?! OK they had a computer issue yesterday but it was apparently given to TNT Australia on the 22nd and there is still no sign of delivery?
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-28 18:53
Wish Dji would use another carrier - been waiting for my p4p to get back to me for over 8 days now?! OK they had a computer issue yesterday but it was apparently given to TNT Australia on the 22nd and there is still no sign of delivery?

I'm really sorry for the slow shipping process, please contact TNT customer service to expedite. I will feedback your suggestion to our management department to improve our service and make your experience with us better.
2017-6-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 22:53
I'm really sorry for the slow shipping process, please contact TNT customer service to expedite. I will feedback your suggestion to our management department to improve our service and make your experience with us better.

Thanks Mindy. It arrived finally an hour or so after this message BUT see new thread re: gimbal screeching after setting up
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-28 23:03
Thanks Mindy. It arrived finally an hour or so after this message BUT see new thread re: gimbal screeching after setting up

Have responded on new thread, please check.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules