Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repairs and DJI Care Refresh: Can I refuse to repair certain parts?
1124 3 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigricho
New
Flight distance : 16814 ft
Australia

Hey Guys, new to the DJI mob and new to the forum... be gentle.

I had a little wreck with my Mavic last week and cracked the little shoulder flap on the rear arm that prevents the arm hyper-extending.
See pic.

My questions are:
With DJI Care Refresh (which I have) can I request to not to have them replace my drone but to repair it, and can I choose to have them only replace parts that need fixing (eg the arm)?
My reasoning is, I can imagine having worse accidents and I'd like to save my 2 replacements for a more serious event.

Do I have to send to a DJI repair centre (I live in Western Australia, the nearest is 3400kms away) for evaluation? Because the turnaround will be AGES!
Is there any way I can have it repaired here and still keep my DJI care refresh validity?

Cheers guys!

File 21-6-17, 7 40 02 pm.jpeg
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you bought the Mavic's DJI Care Refresh in Australia, then you will have to send it to the DJI AU facility in order to use it. When the aircraft is evaluated by the repair technician, you will get the option to either pay the repair or use one of your DJI Care Refresh replacements. At that point you can weigh your option once you see what the repair cost would be. As far as cherry picking parts on the repair invoice, that may be possible depending on what they find is actually detrimental to the aircraft and what is just cosmetic. You would need to work with Support if/when that's applicable. If you aren't planning to really use the DJI Care replacement or want to go through the DJI AU facility, then you would want to look at the following link for alternative service centers that will not jeopordize your DJI Care Refresh by using them:

http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

From what I see, EE Hobbies would be the only other alternative within Australia. Keep in mind that the DJI AU Center can potentially help with shipping as well.

2017-6-21
Use props
Bigricho
New
Flight distance : 16814 ft
Australia

I've contacted the EEhobbies people and they gave me an estimate of $200 incl parts to repair the arm.
Now I can buy that part online  for $45 and I had a quote from a shop in Perth to repair for $45. So how is it fair that this one shop gets the right to repair my drone at an inflated price just so I can keep my Care Refresh in validation? This is the equivalent of getting insurance for your car, damaging a hubcap, and them saying they'll replace your car for a $500 fee or you can pay $1000 bucks to repair your hubcap.
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bigricho Posted at 2017-6-22 04:52
I've contacted the EEhobbies people and they gave me an estimate of $200 incl parts to repair the arm.
Now I can buy that part online  for $45 and I had a quote from a shop in Perth to repair for $45. So how is it fair that this one shop gets the right to repair my drone at an inflated price just so I can keep my Care Refresh in validation? This is the equivalent of getting insurance for your car, damaging a hubcap, and them saying they'll replace your car for a $500 fee or you can pay $1000 bucks to repair your hubcap.

I'm so sorry for this situation, since EEhobbies doesn't belong to our official repair center, so we may be unable to request them to provide the correct price without any increase. But I will feedback this situation to our management department to pay attention.
If you have enough time, we still suggest to send in your drone to our official AU facility for evaluation and repair like Jamie said. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules