Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
" Disconnected "
1278 18 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscdfb5121
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

Hi All, I am having an issue with between the Mavic and my iPhone 7+ I almost can't fly anymore without the camera becoming disconnected. I tried unplugging the cable between the phone and RC remote, it would reconnect and then about 10 seconds later disconnect.
Once the camera is disconnected, I quickly realized how crucial it is flying with vision. Also the the app would request to RTH after disconnection. (Using DJI GO 4)

The only thing that seemed to work was putting my phone in airplane mode. Any other suggestions?

2017-6-21
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Try using a different cable, that happened to me too, but I got another cable and it seemed to do the trick
2017-6-21
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I bought these https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 so I don't have much excess cord where I don't need it. This hooks up to the back of the rc and to my phone without having much of the chord hanging down. It is also braided so you don't have to worry to much about pushing on it to get a good hand grip (if that makes sense)
2017-6-21
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Switch cellular to 3G whenever your flying. Works for me.
2017-6-21
Use props
maxbonanza
New
Italy

Hi, same problem here but with android (i got an Ulefone Power 2, the app works fine till today update).

I've done a lot of things:

Uninstall and reinstall app
Downgrade the app to 4.1.0
Change cable, and using the one with USB port
Switch off wi-fi and go with 3G
Nothing works for me.

Any suggestions?

2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Can you try a different mobile device just to rule out any issue with the iPhone 7? Many sources suggest that the lightening cable may be part of the problem. By using a different mobile device, we can see if this is just an issue with the mobile device or something else.
2017-6-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I use an iPhone 7 with no issues.  Since you said putting it in airplane mode solves the problem, then it's not likely cable related.   This sounds like something else on the phone is causing a problem. Try a reboot right before you fly and see if that solves things,
2017-6-21
Use props
fanscbe312e7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306722 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-6-21 08:08
I use an iPhone 7 with no issues.  Since you said putting it in airplane mode solves the problem, then it's not likely cable related.   This sounds like something else on the phone is causing a problem. Try a reboot right before you fly and see if that solves things,

I'm having the same issue with iphone 7 plus. I was unable to connect with either cable. I did a reboot of the phone and it now can connect with the center usb connection but not the side one. I downgraded to version 1.03.0550. I also switched my batteries out and reconnected each time and out of 4 batteries it updated twice, not sure how that works or why.
2017-6-21
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I only use iPhone 7 an iPad Air 2, both are always on airplane mode, you don't want calls or notifications whilst flying and it seems to improve things also..
2017-6-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

fanscbe312e7 Posted at 2017-6-21 13:01
I'm having the same issue with iphone 7 plus. I was unable to connect with either cable. I did a reboot of the phone and it now can connect with the center usb connection but not the side one. I downgraded to version 1.03.0550. I also switched my batteries out and reconnected each time and out of 4 batteries it updated twice, not sure how that works or why.

Are you sure the downgrade helped?  I have found a lot of phone issues can be solved with a reboot just prior to running DJI Go4.
2017-6-21
Use props
fanscbe312e7
lvl.2
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-6-21 13:16
Are you sure the downgrade helped?  I have found a lot of phone issues can be solved with a reboot just prior to running DJI Go4.

I think the reboot is what did it. I'm just giving all the details of what I went through.  Try the reboot first for sure. I'm thinking there may be a problem with the side usb port on some controllers though.
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clare_G101 Posted at 2017-6-21 05:32
Try using a different cable, that happened to me too, but I got another cable and it seemed to do the trick

i second this!
2017-6-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

fanscbe312e7 Posted at 2017-6-21 13:30
I think the reboot is what did it. I'm just giving all the details of what I went through.  Try the reboot first for sure. I'm thinking there may be a problem with the side usb port on some controllers though.

Yes, there is an issue with the side ports in some cases but from what I have seen, they either work or they don't.
2017-6-21
Use props
fanscdfb5121
lvl.3
United States

Went to fly again last night. I synced everything up and launched. Camera connection was good and then at about 10-15 feet it disconnected

Landed the Mavic, turned everything off and put my phone in Airplane mode. I synced everything back and up had to successful flights with no connection issues (using the provided DJI cable).

In total I flew about 40 minutes on 2 batteries, up 300 feet about 1,000 feet away...no issues? So I guess I will continue to fly in Airplane mode.
2017-6-22
Use props
Ackermodul95
lvl.2
Germany

Hey guys,
Same Problem on iPhone 7 yesterday. Kinda scarry since it was my first flight..
I switched off wifi and Bluetooth and got a more stable connection afterwards.
It still was absolutely amazing!
2017-6-22
Use props
Ackermodul95
lvl.2
Germany

I will also try another cable since i have no idea what is causing the trouble.
2017-6-22
Use props
fanscdfb5121
lvl.3
United States

Ackermodul95 Posted at 2017-6-22 05:36
I will also try another cable since i have no idea what is causing the trouble.

Just a tip...when you plug in another cable via USB, you have to unplug the DJI cable on the side. If they are both plugged in, it won't work.

Also test your Mavic when your phone is in Airplane mode and see how it reacts.
2017-6-22
Use props
Ackermodul95
lvl.2
Germany

fanscdfb5121 Posted at 2017-6-22 05:44
Just a tip...when you plug in another cable via USB, you have to unplug the DJI cable on the side. If they are both plugged in, it won't work.

Also test your Mavic when your phone is in Airplane mode and see how it reacts.

I see, thank you!
2017-6-22
Use props
fanscbe312e7
lvl.2
United States

Definitely a side connector problem from my experience. Connected with the front USB first and while the Mavic was still on, I switched to the side cable and it connected to my surprise. I started flying it and suddenly it disconnected. I flew it back and reconnected again with front USB, then tried connecting again with side USB which it did. I was very careful not to apply any pressure to the controller this time and was able to fly way down the street with no problem. I then flew it back and while it was hovering in front of me I pushed both ends of the controller together which pushed the lightning connector in a little further and it disconnected right away. Tried to duplicate it by moving the connector in and out etc but it would not connect again in the side USB port. I believe there is a problem with the side USB port, not the lightning connector, which is why android phones have the same problem connecting on the side too.
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules