2013 24 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6be7c7c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49183 ft
Belarus

Hello!
On Friday 17 June 2017 flied with my dji pjantom 3 standart. Just after the take-off it reached attitude of 100 meters and flied away not responding on any joystick movements. Also it didn,t have any respond on commands “return home”.
After flying about 1100 meters it turned around, flied twards home. Stopped over the takeoff point at attitude 100m. Didn’t go down. I tried to land it, turning the attitude stick down, but instead of that, it started to fly away again. In twenty seconds the connection was lost. Did not return to takeoff point. While flying always showed errors. I tried to find it but could not.
Here is the flight log  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GT2RDMACB5VGBCU3X1JV/#  . I can send you all the files I have.
I think it was a technical error, so Where I should contact to get the new one instead.
2017-6-21
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

That flight was doomed. You had compass errors, magnetic field warnings, signal loss among other problems. Have you flown in that area before? Random thought, I wonder if there is WWII wreckage in that field related to the magnetic interference, I think you were in an area where there was significant fighting.
2017-6-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

First thought that comes to my mind is question :

Did you do full calibration of machine before Flight ? It seems the machine even before all the RED warning errors was acting opposite to what it should. Quite early on - it initiates RTH but distance from Home Point keeps increasing.
Nothing seems to act properly later either ... AUTO LANDING does not happen.

Data telemetry link is obviously there because of the Log ... but nothing else.

Nigel
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-6-21 06:42
That flight was doomed. You had compass errors, magnetic field warnings, signal loss among other problems. Have you flown in that area before? Random thought, I wonder if there is WWII wreckage in that field related to the magnetic interference, I think you were in an area where there was significant fighting.

I agree with this, the flight was doomed from the beginning. just don't fly unless you know its absolutely safe for everyone around you and the aircraft.
2017-6-21
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-21 14:41
I agree with this, the flight was doomed from the beginning. just don't fly unless you know its absolutely safe for everyone around you and the aircraft.

Just to add maybe not in this case , but if it is very windy you could have a fly away The wind over powers the drone just blows it away, that's why I fly when it is under 20 MPH.
2017-6-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

HARLEYSCOTTE Posted at 2017-6-21 16:17
Just to add maybe not in this case , but if it is very windy you could have a fly away The wind over powers the drone just blows it away, that's why I fly when it is under 20 MPH.

Except that flying an aircraft in strong winds is not a flyaway, as it is most definitely user error. In this case it would appear that the OP did not take any notice of the scores of error messages that would have shown on his screen.
2017-6-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

HARLEYSCOTTE Posted at 2017-6-21 16:17

If you study the data, the problem doesn't appear to be wind.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. I would recommend getting in contact with Support to have the Go app flight records evaluated.
2017-6-21
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Wow, how do you know there was fighting in this area of Russia? Are you a WW2 history buff?
2017-6-21
Use props
bIackjack95
lvl.1

United States

Is the phantom 3 pro better at flying with wind and at over 3000 ft above controller? im planning on getting one but im unsure if wind etc will crash it on ridges in hawaii
2017-6-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I am amazed at some of the answers, as if I am reading a totally different log !

The flight shows anomaly of RTH but still range increasing. The actual error warnings come LATER ....

This tells me that the whole setup was faulty  - but there are no warnings until after takeoff and well into the flight.

Unless of course others have a different log file to look at ?

As to war-zone - OP is in Belarus - not Russia. And basically the whole of Belarus was a battlefield, not that it really matters for this model fly-away.

Nigel
2017-6-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

My honest opinion  is that the Flight system had errors in IMU principally and Compass was affected. My reasoning for this is because despite RTH - the AC travels in wrong direction even though Home Point is reported as saved. Also that we have various SPEED error warnings come up after a short while flying.
If the GPS and Compass are not complimenting each other - then the AC would not be able to find its way home.
Later we find at 3:17 .. the Mark on map indicates and in Flight Log that RTH is working... she heads home. But something happens that stops her landing once she gets close to home. Then the worst happens that she is drifting around and then starts increasing distance again. Eventually being lost in the forest.

More I look ... more I think about - I suggest a faulty IMU / Compass system that leads to confused navigational command of AC.

I think the lack of finding the AC maybe because the Log does not show she's landed ... it just ends abruptly so possibly the AC carried on flying and has basically crashed out further away than map shows.

But all is just my inexperienced view.

Nigel  
2017-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

" I wonder if there is WWII wreckage in that field related to the magnetic interference, I think you were in an area where there was significant fighting"

At the height it was flying, no amount of war wreckage would have any effect.
2017-6-22
Use props
cprevost
lvl.1

United States

For those of us who are new what kind of warning would the OP have seen on screen?
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Judging by the first post - there was no warning.

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You were flying alot in Atti mode which can be difficult if you are not used to flying like that. I also did notice as well compass not working properly. As Jaime pointed out, it would be good to get the flight records evaluated.
2017-6-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Hi Mark ... but the ATTI mode surely was triggered by the COMPASS ERROR ?

I can  only repeat that RTH was initiated shortly after take-off and AC continued to fly AWAY from home point.

That to me is highly significant before any warnings appeared.  Am I only one to notice this ?

Nigel
2017-6-22
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-6-21 19:18
Wow, how do you know there was fighting in this area of Russia? Are you a WW2 history buff?

I am, but it was just an interesting thing (to me, anyway) to contemplate.
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

have you calibrated your compass?
2017-6-22
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

bIackjack95 Posted at 2017-6-21 20:14
Is the phantom 3 pro better at flying with wind and at over 3000 ft above controller? im planning on getting one but im unsure if wind etc will crash it on ridges in hawaii

No drone is any good in high wind. Don't do it, you will crash. I actually don't know how high a Phantom will fly because in the States the FAA height limit is 400 feet.
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

bIackjack95 Posted at 2017-6-21 20:14

How are you going to get it to fly 3000ft above controller if the controller remains at Home Point location ?

Max height Go or Litchi will allow along with FW is 500m above home point.

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 01:26
How are you going to get it to fly 3000ft above controller if the controller remains at Home Point location ?

Max height Go or Litchi will allow along with FW is 500m above home point.

Can anyone tell me what kind of program do you need to read the Flight Data ?
2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HARLEYSCOTTE Posted at 2017-6-28 05:36
Can anyone tell me what kind of program do you need to read the Flight Data ?

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions you find there
2017-6-28
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-21 17:31
Except that flying an aircraft in strong winds is not a flyaway, as it is most definitely user error. In this case it would appear that the OP did not take any notice of the scores of error messages that would have shown on his screen.

Just to be clear I was flying a Cheap Drone that could not fly above 12 MPH  I had it in RTH (My Fault ) was I forgot how to clear RTH , still it should have RTH as soon as it lost the signal - again it was not a DJI so I did not lose that much $$$
2017-6-28
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-6-23 01:03
No drone is any good in high wind. Don't do it, you will crash. I actually don't know how high a Phantom will fly because in the States the FAA height limit is 400 feet.

Thank You -- You can't fly any Drone in 30 to 60 MPH  I tried it in 25 MPH on a cheaper Clone Drone as soon as I put it I n RTH it went with the wind because the motors slow down  tried to clear The RTH but it was to late gone ! -- that was over a year ago & now I stick to 10 MPH no problems.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules