Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro
1086 13 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DBarfield
New

United States

All,

I am about to make a purchase for the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles. I just wanted to know if the past issues with the Mavic have been resolved in regards to equipment and functions not working properly and damaged equipment from the factory. I like the idea of the portability, but if I am going to have troubles from the start, I may just get the Phantom 4Pro+ and forget the DJI Goggles for now. Please let me know what everyone thinks.

Thank you,

Dennis   
2017-6-21
Use props
Eethon
New
United Kingdom

got mine yesterday, Updated as requested and its bricked my battery. Ive spent best part of 6 hours trying updates and downgrades. Not 1 reply from anyone to my post and DJI support haven't got back to me since about 3pm yesterday. Still haven't flown it at all yet. If you do get one make sure its from a company with a great returns policy!
2017-6-21
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Lot's of new users/buyers, right after they get their MP, they always tend to update App/FW right of the bat.
Remember UPDATES are optional.....TRY THE STOCK FW 1st!!!!!!Enjoy it and learn from it before attempting to update anything.
I'm still on the old app and stock FW......flew my MP here in CA and 2 diff islands in HI and back w/ out even performing @ least compass calibration.
NO NFZ, GEO whatever.

Just my 2 cents.
2017-6-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Go for the Mavic.  If you have a problem, you can return it for a replacement.  Check the forums, the P4 Pro doesn't seem to be doing better in terms of issues.
2017-6-21
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Remember that satisfied customers never visit this forum and don't post.
With that being said,.......why the hell am i still here?
To inform people like you that the Mavic is soo incredible dope.
The Phantom 4 is like a car,....it drives and get you from A to B.
HOWEVER the Mavic is like a Motorcycle,......a babe magnet!!!
2017-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-21 08:53
Remember that satisfied customers never visit this forum and don't post.
With that being said,.......why the hell am i still here?
To inform people like you that the Mavic is soo incredible dope.

A babe magnet haha, love it,
2017-6-21
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Had my Mavic since early-February and I have had zero problems with it - except for a bug that got lodged in the camera gimbal - and like it so much that I have already ordered and received the newest DJI Drone, the Spark.

You pay your money and you take your chances with everything in life.  As Mcflying said, not too many people come to these enthusiasts sites to say how wonderful their product is, but there are those of us who do.

If you're nervous about dropping the $$$ - buy it from Amazon as they'll take pretty much anything back.

Enjoy your flights and Fly Safely!
2017-6-21
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Mcflying,

One of the best replies I've read in this forum.
Congratulations and thanks!

DocAraxá
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a single issue with my Mavic flying with DJI goggles and I would suggest performing any recommended updates or else the goggles may not function correctly.
2017-6-21
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I don't have the goggles but as far as the Mavic. I had one small update problem. It was a simple fix and I love it. I bring out the Mavic and everyone loves it and is really impressed with it. If I wouldn't have purchased the Mavic I would have saved a bit more and went with the Inspire 2. In the end I'm very happy with the Mavic
2017-6-21
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

oh and i have proof of the Mavic being a babe magnet.
me.jpg
2017-6-21
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-21 13:23

That looks more like a cougar magnet.
2017-6-21
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-21 13:23

Yup....definitely COUGAR!!!!
And...what a BIG ASS  controller you got there....LOL!
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've heard of other people having issues, but I own the P4P+ and the Mavic Pro, and absolutely love them both. its really just a preference, if you're a casual photographer and want a drone to just play with get the Mavic, otherwise if your relatively serious about your images or video go with the Phantom 4 Pro +
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules