1029 10 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]Just unpacked my P4P and connected to the computer. Assistant tells me I am running 01.01.0203 and that there is an "Incompatibility" between "some modules and current device." Then asked me if I wanted to upgrade. That ver number must be pretty old but I didn't want to upgrade to the newest, what with all the reported bugs, but read online that it might just be the battery (not mentioned anywhere by DJI's code), so chose Upgrade/confirm taking a chance, wnent thru the upgarde process and reached 100%, then said upgrade complete. The Current Version still says 01.01.0203 so no clue what just happened, but incompatibility message is gone.
I suspect I should be running a newer version - should I try to upgrade to 03.0509 for example?
Must say this is the worst/most frustrasting experience I have had with any technology in 40 years...
2017-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a read of the Phantom 4 Pro release notes which you can download from Here. This lists each of the firmware upgrades and what was introduced. I don't have the P4Pro myself (I own the P4), but generally speaking the latest updates are usually the way to move forward. Unless the new update prohibits some function you really must have ?

Edit:- you also mention 'Assistant', I assume that it is DJI Assistant 2 you are using ?

2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to what Aardvark mentioned, which version of the Assistant 2 software are you running?
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 09:24
In addition to what Aardvark mentioned, which version of the Assistant 2 software are you running?

agreed, what version of Assistant 2 are you running, you might also need to update the controller if you bought the P4P+ like i did.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-21 08:51
Have a read of the Phantom 4 Pro release notes which you can download from Here. This lists each of the firmware upgrades and what was introduced. I don't have the P4Pro myself (I own the P4), but generally speaking the latest updates are usually the way to move forward. Unless the new update prohibits some function you really must have ?

Yes - DJIAssistant 2. I got this resolved by simply updating the battery, which another user recommended. Thought I was going to perform an entire firmware update on the drone when it said "update/Confirm," and was planning to downgrade if it did because of all the reported problems with the newest version. But instead it just updated the battery.
Off course it never said it was the battery that was incompatible, nor did it mention that the update would just apply to that. Really lousy documentation and messaging, to say the least.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

The message stating that "there is incompatibility with some modules and current device" mostly refers to the battery if you updated or rolled back the firmware of your phantom with a different battery installed. the message will pop up upon starting up the newly updated phantom with a different battery installed than the one the was in place upon performing the update. Syncing the modules by accepting the prompt on the screen will bring any outdated components of you system to the same operating version that is running on the aircraft itself. The sync between modules does not require an internet connection and you do not need to plug in your external device or monitor into the aircraft for it to perform the update. The reason the version number does not seem to change is because your aircraft maintained the operating system it received in the  most recent update while bringing the intelligent batteries up to speed.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Lowdspeaker Posted at 2017-6-21 16:52
The message stating that "there is incompatibility with some modules and current device" mostly refers to the battery if you updated or rolled back the firmware of your phantom with a different battery installed. the message will pop up upon starting up the newly updated phantom with a different battery installed than the one the was in place upon performing the update. Syncing the modules by accepting the prompt on the screen will bring any outdated components of you system to the same operating version that is running on the aircraft itself. The sync between modules does not require an internet connection and you do not need to plug in your external device or monitor into the aircraft for it to perform the update. The reason the version number does not seem to change is because your aircraft maintained the operating system it received in the  most recent update while bringing the intelligent batteries up to speed.

OK - this was the battery from the factory and I hadn't done any updates of any kind, Love to know how you know that information - I certainly didn't see it anywhere.
Thanks for the info.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Lowdspeaker Posted at 2017-6-21 16:52

And btw, amazing that DJI Support didn't know this or didn't bother to check. They told me to update the firmware or return the drone for repair. Absolutely worst possible answer.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
United States

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-21 16:56
OK - this was the battery from the factory and I hadn't done any updates of any kind, Love to know how you know that information - I certainly didn't see it anywhere.
Thanks for the info.

I've owned my Phantom 4 Pro since January and I had purchased an extra battery and the message popped up when I first installed the battery and booted up the craft. I haven't heard this from DJI but I do know the message and update sequence, (when referring to inconsistent modules), is making sure that all components of your flight system are running the same firmware, (aircraft, remote, and battery). Inconsistent firmware can lean to unforeseen issues, like a newer version creating a conflicting line of code with an older version on a separate aircraft module. I've had to deal with the message and other updates many times in the time I've had the drone and I've extrapolated what I know from my own experience with updates and stuff I've read on the forums. Im always happy to help if you need any guidance with your new aircraft!
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
United States

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-21 17:04
And btw, amazing that DJI Support didn't know this or didn't bother to check. They told me to update the firmware or return the drone for repair. Absolutely worst possible answer.

I know another user already said this, but it really is a good idea to keep both your drone, remote, and DJI Go 4 app up to date with the LATEST firmware. The only time you should really wait to update is if people are getting really extreme glitches. If you do choose to remain on an older firmware make sure all of your "modules" are on the same version or else or you could experience unforeseen problems.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Lowdspeaker Posted at 2017-6-21 19:43
I know another user already said this, but it really is a good idea to keep both your drone, remote, and DJI Go 4 app up to date with the LATEST firmware. The only time you should really wait to update is if people are getting really extreme glitches. If you do choose to remain on an older firmware make sure all of your "modules" are on the same version or else or you could experience unforeseen problems.

Thanks for the suggestions,. There have been dozens of reported problems with the latest firmware so I  plan to wait. So how do I know if the RC and the drone are actually using the same set/pair of firmware versions? The numbers aren't identical... My drone is at 01..1.0203, and I know that is an older version, and my RC is at .03 something.
When I run DJI Assistant, I also see 01.03.0509. and 01.03.0418 (and 01.02.0304). Should I upgrade to .03.0509 so that both the RC and the drone are at .3 versions? Def don't want to go to .4 as of yet (the newest)
Thanks much.
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules