Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: Are You Going to Use the Prop Guards?
12345Next >
17967 198 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Single SelectVote, Total 709 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

10.44% (74)
2.82% (20)
25.11% (178)
37.24% (264)
24.40% (173)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, I see no need for them
2017-6-21
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I don't plan on using them.....they are just something more to take extra time preparing to fly.  Additionally, the Spark won't fit in the FLY MORE bag with them installed so it takes time to take them off in order to pack up the Spark when you are done flying.  I love how quick the Spark can be taken out of the bag to take a quick shot without having to do much more than turn it on.
2017-6-21
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i will only use them inside, i wont use them outside because theres too much surface area for wind to catch and there too heavy
2017-6-21
Use props
Dan Bellerive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 733668 ft
United States

Like Thor1 I use them inside, but I don't typically pack them along. I'm not concerned about surface area for the wind to catch, but I'd rather not have the extra weight on the Spark.
2017-6-21
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Dan Bellerive Posted at 2017-6-21 09:44
Like Thor1 I use them inside, but I don't typically pack them along. I'm not concerned about surface area for the wind to catch, but I'd rather not have the extra weight on the Spark.

i seen someone yesterday at the park flying a spark in over 60kph of wind hahaha, that thing was holding up fairly well but i would never try it. i don't know if the prop guards would make a difference to flying in the wind but i figured it might?
2017-6-21
Use props
jiminythompson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 163337 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, if indoors or in the garden where I'm surrounded by trees, or on the boat (superstructure and aerials).  No, if in a wide open space.
2017-6-21
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-21 09:26

X2 - Completely Agree.  
2017-6-21
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

I don't think I'll use them anyway.
2017-6-21
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Captain
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

I'm probably going to leave them on for a while, and as I gain more experience and confidence in flying - may choose to remove them for greater portability.  
2017-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I picked #4 I will use them indoors, also might use them when demonstrating for the grandkids, they are not great in the wind, particularly when hovering, also slow spark down .

I think they are a necessity for certain things so worth having, I will keep them in my bag at all times.
2017-6-21
Use props
Joker Eh
New

Canada

Probably will at first as a first time drone flyer I am sure I am going to make a few mistakes , and I am hoping the guards would protect the blades.
2017-6-21
Use props
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the prop guards are great to have as an option. When in wide open areas they are not necessary but if you are in an area (like indoors) or there is a possible amount of interference in the area (like trees) it is better safe than sorry.
2017-6-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use them for the gesture mode and palm landing etc. In case something goes wrong with the tech, it wont cut my face or hands off  

Rich
2017-6-21
Use props
jerdnok
New
Flight distance : 21864 ft
Czechia

Only without because of battery.
2017-6-22
Use props
andym91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

I used them only for the maiden flight in case anything went wrong and so I could get used to controlling it
2017-6-23
Use props
andym91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

andym91 Posted at 2017-6-23 06:37
I used them only for the maiden flight in case anything went wrong and so I could get used to controlling it

Sure enough... I flew it indoors and it went straight into the wall (backwards) and hit the wall. Then went straight up and hit the ceiling and got stuck there until I figured out my RC wasn't connected and I had to use my phone as the controller LOL GG to me
2017-6-23
Use props
CStone6
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll use them when flying indoors.
2017-6-23
Use props
NewtonLeWilows
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If I fly in the house or in the garden with people about I'll use them, easy to take on or off so why not
2017-6-24
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes- useful for inside and gesture mode with newbies
2017-6-24
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

No can't see any use for them myself, however I think it would be easy to catch your finger by palm launch so might be worth getting this if you use palm launch/land a lot : http://amzn.to/2tKIYKf or it might be able to be 3D printed?
2017-6-25
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80997 ft
United States

Yes inside only
2017-6-27
Use props
PhotoJoseph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56729 ft
United States

Nope (1)… bought the basic drone-only and don't see much benefit to them. Then again this is my first drone so maybe I'll learn a lesson soon ;-)
2017-6-27
Use props
fansd2b11e6f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I've rarely found the need for prop guards until the Spark.

Given that the Spark perfectly fits a new series of use cases, e.g. indoor, social, the prop guards are not only a safety feature to prevent the blades from dicing up people around the Spark, but also minimizes damage when the props inadvertently clip something.

I was doing a test flight yesterday afternoon on my front porch, and after doing a PalmLaunch, the Spark suddenly lost altitude and landed on the tarmac - not hard, but a prop clipped the tarmac enough to literally tear one of the props. Given that spare props aren't readily accessible at this point in time (I placed an order for 5 sets yesterday), I'm going to run the Spark with prop guards unless there's a reason not to (e.g. outdoors with moderate wind)
2017-6-27
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.4
United States

Shouldn't prop guards be used anytime a drone is being flown over or near people? Seems like the ethical and safe thing....
2017-6-28
Use props
Nixtoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

I intend to use them when around people, which with the spark will be most of the time. Just need it to arrive now!
2017-6-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

I will use them in situations were i'm nervous of an accident of the drone to many trees inside etc...
2017-6-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only indoors - If I fly indoors that is. There are some cool factories near me though that are abandoned and need inspecting. Done a fly round with my P4Pro and looks like good potential.
2017-6-29
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will use if/when flying indoors or in close proximity to people.  When I'm just out near the beach or mountains, they will likely stay in the case.  Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.
2017-6-29
Use props
HTWEELZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

Since I'm a noob flyer I will for now but will probably lose them soon.  If I fly it indoors I will probably put them on.
2017-6-29
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

I always use them in the following situations. 1) When I'm indoors. I've bumped up against the ceiling once already. 2) When I'm flying around other people. I know technically I'm not supposed to be doing that, but there's a lot of situations where it's a good chance to fly and there will always be people around. i.e. the beach the other day. It makes it a bit easier to spot, and it feels like i'm being a bit more responsible (regardless of me using it around other people).
2017-7-24
Use props
Convert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

In all honesty, probably only indoors around people/things. They don't fit in the fly more bag without a lot of faff so invariably I won't have them with me.
2017-7-24
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only use them if / when flying indoors and using gesture mode (which I did once and probably never will again).  I'm glad they were included. The Spark is so small that it make you want to fly it into tight places, the prop guards would be a help in cases like that.
2017-7-24
Use props
dezign999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

I use them when doing the palm launch/land thing. Had the wind blow and the spark hit my finger causing it to tilt and proceed to cut into my arm and palm. Lesson learned xD
2017-7-24
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I bought the 3rd party prop guards and regret it. They don't lock like the OEM's and are a hassle to remove and install. Probably won't purchase OEM's either.
2017-7-24
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

Sometimes - mainly indoors
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i haven't used them yet for a full flight.. my first flight i did just incase but since then i not used it, as long as the spark remains in control i'm ok without them... and they fairly useless outdoors when i have lose control and had a fly away.. not much prop guards can or will do. maybe if i take it to a park with kids around ill use gaurds just in case i dont wanna have my spark chopping up little kids when it decided to go full suicide pact and fly away, ya know.  (sadly i can't say incase it flies away, it just will, just matter of when)  
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i haven't used them yet for a full flight.. my first flight i did just incase but since then i not used it, as long as the spark remains in control i'm ok without them... and they fairly useless outdoors when i have lose control and had a fly away.. not much prop guards can or will do. maybe if i take it to a park with kids around ill use guards just to be safe i dont wanna have my spark chopping up little kids when it decided to go full suicide pact and fly away and tries to take someone else out with it. , ya know.  (sadly i can't say incase it flies away, it just will, just matter of when)  
2017-7-24
Use props
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

2017-7-24
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft